PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the action on the MLB All Star Jerseys, specifically Mariano Rivera?

bmjock69
08-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Incredible...with 4 days left to go, Mariano Rivera's warm up Jersey is over 2500.00. Trout is at 950, Cabrera at 925....

So far, looks like the best deal going is Cano sitting at 600 but I guess we will see where that ends!

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/feature.d2w/report?partnerId=as_mlb_20130730_10282314&search=asgauction&sig0=sort&sig1=search&smidx=2&sort=term&wl=33072944

yankees506
08-05-2013, 01:42 AM
These are not game used so all these prices are insane to me

Wrigley2010
08-05-2013, 02:34 AM
These are not game used so all these prices are insane to me

+1

bmjock69
08-05-2013, 09:15 AM
While I understand they are not actual game used, they are worn by the players during the entire all star events except for the game itself. The All Star Jerseys are very interesting and unique jerseys so I do see the appeal.

mbrieve
08-05-2013, 09:25 AM
While I understand they are not actual game used, they are worn by the players during the entire all star events except for the game itself. The All Star Jerseys are very interesting and unique jerseys so I do see the appeal.

From the description:

"The jerseys were autographed during the 2013 All-Star Week festivities and donated to (Baseball Assistance Team). These jerseys are not game-used and only autographed."

Seems pretty clear to me that these were only signed and never worn. I think it would be a leap to say they were event worn (doesn't say that at all in the description).

cliffjmp33
08-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm sure a fellow member(s) can correct me if I am wrong, but they presold the BP/Home Run Derby prior to the even for upward of $3,000?

bmjock69
08-05-2013, 11:03 AM
From the description:

"The jerseys were autographed during the 2013 All-Star Week festivities and donated to (Baseball Assistance Team). These jerseys are not game-used and only autographed."

Seems pretty clear to me that these were only signed and never worn. I think it would be a leap to say they were event worn (doesn't say that at all in the description).

Wow...you are absolutely correct! My fault for not reading the descriptions more diligently! These prices are absolutely more insane than I originally thought. My gosh....thanks for clarifying for me. I guess I need to start paying more attention to detail.

MarinersFan34
08-05-2013, 11:50 AM
The search feature isn't working for me right now but I seem to recall or think that there are 3 sets. Can anyone confirm?

Set 1 - HR Derby (Player worn) Goes to Topps?
Set 2 - AS Game BP (Player worn) Goes to Highland Mint or Player if they want to keep it
Set 3 - Autographed (Not Player Worn) MLB Auctions

I agree, they are expensive but might be an ok alternate if you didn't get the worn one from Highland Mint.

bmjock69
08-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Also, they are a tax deduction because the money is for charity.

gorilla777
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
The search feature isn't working for me right now but I seem to recall or think that there are 3 sets. Can anyone confirm?

Set 1 - HR Derby (Player worn) Goes to Topps?
Set 2 - AS Game BP (Player worn) Goes to Highland Mint or Player if they want to keep it
Set 3 - Autographed (Not Player Worn) MLB Auctions

I agree, they are expensive but might be an ok alternate if you didn't get the worn one from Highland Mint.

Yes, I think you are correct on this breakdown, 3 different sets for each player used for different things....

xpress34
08-05-2013, 01:38 PM
For just an autograph jersey, the prices are insane - at least for the Rockies.

They sell the same jersey (sized and everything) at the Rockies Dug Out stores for $139.00 ea.

Cuddy, Tulo and Cargo are all three pretty good about stopping to sign jerseys.

I bought my Cuddy this weekend (Aug 3) because on the 3rd of each month if you have (or can borrow) a Season Ticket Holder card, you get 33% off. So my Cuddy cost me $93.00 roughly. Tulo and Cargo would have cost the same.

MLB is asking:

$300 - Cuddy
$400 - Cargo
$500 - Tulo

lengthwise1
08-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I couldnt agree more, steep prices, especially considering the Cuddy that highland sold was only $500

For just an autograph jersey, the prices are insane - at least for the Rockies.

They sell the same jersey (sized and everything) at the Rockies Dug Out stores for $139.00 ea.

Cuddy, Tulo and Cargo are all three pretty good about stopping to sign jerseys.

I bought my Cuddy this weekend (Aug 3) because on the 3rd of each month if you have (or can borrow) a Season Ticket Holder card, you get 33% off. So my Cuddy cost me $93.00 roughly. Tulo and Cargo would have cost the same.

MLB is asking:

$300 - Cuddy
$400 - Cargo
$500 - Tulo