PDA

View Full Version : Protocol between members. Need help.

dangerzone79
08-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Hey guys. Question for you all & I'm guessing some of you may have experienced this as well. I posted in "Items Wanted" awhile back about a bunch of bats I was looking for. Recently I got an email from a member basically saying he had everything I was looking. Great news to me. That night we emailed a bit & things seemed totally fine. He mentioned he'd send some pics in a day or so. As the days went by I emailed back, just hoping to start talking numbers & just figuring out our deal. Then I kind of stopped hearing back from him. So I emailed some more. Nothing. All responses seemed to have stopped. I was worried that I was being annoying & reached to apologize in case that was the case. Still nothing.
So I guess my question is... how long do you keep making an effort before you just give up? Also, remember, he reached out to me. I'm a really easy guy to get along with, in person & in email. This guy also seemed super cool & nice in his emails too. Maybe the issue I have is that I would never just stop emailing someone back. Your thoughts?

Wrigley2010
08-05-2013, 02:28 AM
I have had similar issues myself with emailing members on here about making a purchase/trade. In my case if I don't get a response or if the response I get doesn't answer my questions about the item I generally break off communication. I have had two instances of someone wanting to make a deal and sending several emails back and forth discussing the deal only to have them stop responding. I chalk it up to them not really wanting to sell the item and not doing the classy thing and say so. My biggest pet peeve has to be when you ask questions about an item (ie. price, pictures, how it was obtained etc etc) and the seller never answers your questions but emails you information that has nothing to do with anything you asked. In all the above cases I just stopped communication and decided to no longer work with these members. That's my experince/opinion.

Regards,
Joe

dangerzone79
08-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Thanks Joe. That's helpful. I look forward to hearing what other folks think.

G1X
08-06-2013, 12:10 PM
This tends to happen to me more when I am trying to sell something, but it also happens on the buying side for me as well. Folks will just mysteriously disappear! The lack of common courtesy of a simple reply never ceases to amaze me, especially in the 21st century where nearly everyone seems to have numerous methods of communication at their fingertips.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

jsage
08-06-2013, 01:21 PM
This tends to happen to me more when I am trying to sell something, but it also happens on the buying side for me as well. Folks will just mysteriously disappear! The lack of common courtesy of a simple reply never ceases to amaze me, especially in the 21st century where nearly everyone seems to have numerous methods of communication at their fingertips.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Mark -
You are correct - many members that post on the Wanted forum just do not
do not have the proper communication skills . Tends to make you not want to reply to any "Wanted Requests"
Jerry Sage

carbonrosa
08-06-2013, 02:08 PM
I have to say as a newer member which I've started discussions and posted my opinions on other threads, I never receive any emails telling me someone has answered one of my threads or posted below one of my responses on other people's threads. I'm not sure how to change that or if it changes when you become a senior member but for me, if I'm busy and do not check this site every day, I don't see the members here trying to contact me which now I see I have a few non related to this thread. Just saying
If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know
-Devin