PDA

View Full Version : NFL Auction, WTF?

serrao72
08-07-2013, 07:54 AM
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1100783&auctionId=61131&pgmode2=club

So i bid on this auction from my phone and i should of waited until i got home and looked it over carefully. Its suppose to be a Panthers superbowl team helmet 2004. Well the panthers went to the superbowl in 2003 season but was actually in the year 2004 so the 2004 wasn't really a red flag. After getting home and taking a look at the autographs i noticed Jon Beason (drafted in 2007) and Ken Lucas (signed in 2005) were on the helmet.

Its PSA/DNA so i looked up the certified number N94155 and it says the following.

"2004 SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS CAROLINE PANTHERS TEAM-SIGNED HELMET. SIGNATURES INCLUDE JOHN FOX, JONATHAN BEASON, JULIUS PEPPERS, JAKE DELHOMME, STEVE SMITH, KEN LUCAS AND KEVIN DYSON."

How is this helmet a 2004 with players autographs 2005 & 2007.

I emailed both PSA/DNA and NFL auctions and not a word back from them. I told NFL auctions i want to retract my bid since its not the item listed, im guessing its from 2007 or 2008. I also emailed PSA/DNA and asked how they graded the helmet as 2004 with players from the future on it.

Not a word from either and now im locked into an auction for a bogus item.

Not a happy camper.:mad:

serrao72
08-07-2013, 08:38 AM
NFL auction class act, got back to me this morning and retracted my bid. Its a nice signed helmet but since the PSA/DNA is wrong i cant see owning it. If they fixed the PSA i would consider buying it again.

Texans
08-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Glad that they retract your bid. You are very lucky they replied to your email. Are they having better customer service since the new auction layout?

serrao72
08-07-2013, 04:26 PM
no idea, this is the 1st problem i've had with one of their listings. Happy they did the right thing and honored my request. They told me in an email that they listed the helmet as described by the panthers.

Anabolicollege17
08-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Yeah I've noticed NFL auctions gets titles wrong on auctions a lot. They once told me what you see is what you get. So for example if the item reads hof signed panel football, and the picture is of a HOF patched NadamaKong Sue game used jersey, you will be getting the jersey and not whats written in the title. I wish they would hire a few people from this board to run there auctions. Ya know people who are passionate, love the hobby and wouldn't make simple mistakes on items (instead of the 22 year old coffee boy intern). There simple mistakes can cost a fan hundreds of dollars. So just make sure you read everything very specific and carefully on NFL auctions. I read each auction I have interest in over 4-5 times. And if I see something wrong on an item I have to have, I usually call the offices and tell them to please respond to my email.

But yeah NFL auctions if you can get a response will usually fix the problem. You got lucky in this case. And shame on them for listing it as a superbowl team signed helmet while they put Beason on it. They must have a 50 year old woman who knows nothing about the team or sport in charge of there listing.