PDA

View Full Version : Tagging question

joe27
08-09-2013, 09:09 PM
I recently purchased a jersey directly from the rays and when I received it I looked at the tagging and it has 6300 as the code. It came with a COA from them as an issued jersey and everything. There's the inspected by stickers on the back of the tag and also the initials DA on the back.

My question is, sometimes do they use jerseys with the retail tagging on it? I would be sure Someone was pulling a fast one on me if I bought it anywhere else but this one came directly from the Rays themselves.

Thanks for any help

tella27
08-10-2013, 12:43 AM
If its a Rays jersey you might want to ask Jake - he's pretty solid when it comes to the Rays and their items.

TwinLakesPark
08-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Does it have a set tag? Which season and jersey style is it?

bgakladd
08-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Check with Dave Miedema, he is very knowledgable on this tagging. Check out his blog site, www.gameusedcollectors.com/blog (http://www.gameusedcollectors.com/blog), go down to the tagging that shows a paper clip attached on the right side, he explains the coding numbers and jersey styles that were supplied on game worn jerseys along with retail coding numbers too for certain years. Hope this helps.