Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportscentury
    • Nov 2005

Shipping with Third-Party Insurance

Has anyone ever used third-party insurance when shipping a high-end/valuable item? If so, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts as recommendations, caveats, issues to consider, etc. Thank you.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Shipping with Third-Party Insurance

Originally posted by sportscentury
    Has anyone ever used third-party insurance when shipping a high-end/valuable item? If so, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts as recommendations, caveats, issues to consider, etc. Thank you.
    I'd love to hear if anyone can help with this also - I've always wanted to consider another option for shipping with insurance.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
      Banned
      • Aug 2005

Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control. I once few down to Florida to pickup an item. I live in NJ and I got a cheap seat (using air miles) on Spirit airlines. I flew down on the 0700 flight, met the Seller at the airport, had lunch and flew back on the 1530 flight.

For me, the item was small so baggage fees were NOT an issue.

Jim

Comment

• Phil316
        • May 2013

I have used shipcover before and actually had to claim the insurance. It was quite simple to recover the funds.

Comment

• trsent
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by cohibasmoker
          Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control. I once few down to Florida to pickup an item. I live in NJ and I got a cheap seat (using air miles) on Spirit airlines. I flew down on the 0700 flight, met the Seller at the airport, had lunch and flew back on the 1530 flight.

Jim
          Flying on Spirit is always a nightmare for me. They charge you for your wallet in your back pocket.

Originally posted by Phil316
          I have used shipcover before and actually had to claim the insurance. It was quite simple to recover the funds.
          What is this company? Do you have a link? How big was your claim?

Is this eBay's 3rd party insurance? They appear to be quite expensive these days.

Comment

• sportscentury
            • Nov 2005

Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control.
            I'm not looking to get around insurance fees. I just want a reliable third-party insurance company for shipping.

Originally posted by Phil316
            Thank you, but, unfortunately, I believe this is only for eBay. And shipcover restricts you to USPS.

Originally posted by trsent
            Flying on Spirit is always a nightmare for me.
            The name Spirit for an airline is not particularly reassuring.
            Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• sportscentury
              • Nov 2005

Anyone else? Has anyone ever used "Shipsurance"?

Comment

• NEFAN
                • Jul 2008

Jim
                Good one Jim!

Comment

Working...