PDA

View Full Version : Steiner All Star Chairs

kesseldawg
08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Anyone else think it's time for Steiner to start being realistic on prices? Barely any of those chairs have been bid on, with such ridiculous starting prices. You could get game used bats and jerseys for as much as they are asking for a chair! Come on, guys...come back to reality and stop the "greed is good" mentality. It's just dead inventory, then sold later at discount prices.

Misha
08-12-2013, 07:30 AM
I thought so too. Interesting, but when I click the link on the title page, the chairs seem to have disappeared? I get redirected to Steiner balls

Misha
08-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Chairs are back with lower prices

dtmd59
09-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Chairs are back with lower prices

Those are actually pretty neat.

bgold
09-10-2013, 11:40 PM
Steiner paid a premium for the rights to these item, and in turn they ask for absurd prices, nature of the beast. If you do the math, Steiner must recoup a certain percentage, and either double or even close to triple to rectify all the fees plus overhead etc etc

Why would I want a DW all-star chair for who knows how much, for example, when I know he was too busy to even sit down for one second, probably had his personal 1500+ chair which he uses during the season to sit on, no need for a crappy fold out lawn chair (the all-star logo does not make it more comfortable).

In contrast, when all-star jerseys and the like (playoff stuff as well) are auctioned off via mlb or the team pages for baseball and other sports such as the NFL etc, card companies buy them directly via auction, no need for exclusive rights etc.

Different strokes for different folks, but always ALWAYS a higher price for the fans...