PDA

View Full Version : Does the Mariners store have any Brad Miller game used hit balls?

brianborsch
08-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I want some.... brianborsch@yahoo.com

beef
08-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Good luck talking to a competent store employee, ive tried numerous times to order pieces that I know they have in the store and no one can find them. Not real collector friendly staff. -Ryan

coxfan
08-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Not a criticism, but a constructive suggestion to all MLB game-used stores: Give your staff 15 minutes of in-service. I've found that barely 10% of game-used employees know basics, like how to look up a hologram number, even when the facilities are right in front of them.

In the Rangers' Grand Slam store on Dec 26, 2010, an employee assured me they'd sold all postseason balls. I looked on the shelf and almost immediately spotted an ALDS ball. The employee was being nice, but she had almost no awareness of her game-used stuff. My daughter called the Rangers' new Forth Worth store a couple of years ago, and was assured they had game-used items. She got there and found only autographed balls that clearly weren't game-used. She also found an employee who literally didn't know what a game-used item was; he hadn't understood her question!

These are motivated young people but they aren't trained in simple basics. On the other hand, a couple of times I've found staff who looked up a hologram for me, and made a sale to me as a result. A little training pays off!

Phil316
08-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Good luck talking to a competent store employee, ive tried numerous times to order pieces that I know they have in the store and no one can find them. Not real collector friendly staff. -Ryan

I have always found the opposite with the Mariners team store. They are always willing to help. Granted I live about 20 minutes from both Safeco and Century Link and just stop in. The couple times I called though they put aside what I requested.