X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skinsfan0521
    • Apr 2009

Identify NFL Helmet Date?

Hi,

I feel like I've seen this on here before, but after searching, I couldn't find it.

I'm looking for how to determine the date of an NFL helmet. I'm talking about modern helmets, not vintage. I thought that there is some sort of date code stamped on the helmet, but I'm not sure of any details.

Thanks!
  • tom1315
    • Mar 2008

Re: Identify NFL Helmet Date?

'skinsfan0521,' post a picture of your helmet...the newer ones have stickers inside with the manufacturing date. Others there is a code - letters and numbers stamped in the shell under the cheek pad. Maybe post a picture of these letters/numbers or tell us the series of letters and numbers.

The face mask...what are the three capital letters stamped on the inside of the face mask near a cheek pad? Any numbers on the face mask clips?

The above is a start...and all pieces of data are clues.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

• skinsfan0521
      • Apr 2009

It's actually a helmet I'm looking at buying, so I'll have to ask for pics of these things.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• tom1315
        • Mar 2008

Here is my email...if he sends pictures shoot them to me and I'll give you my thoughts and opinion.

tholder1315@gmail.com

Several members on this forum are very knowledgable so I am confident you'll get others to opine. I have been collecting since 2004 so have handled quite a few current gamers.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Comment

Working...