PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Sano Futures Game Gear

Wrigley2010
08-19-2013, 02:15 AM
I scoured the web and have watched MLB Auctions for a few weeks now with no luck. Does anyone have a lead on any of Miguel Sano's game used items from the Futures Game? I'm looking for anything from game used baseballs attributed to Miguel to his hat, jersey, bat or anything else.

To be honest I didn't see very much game used Futures game gear made available to the public via MLB auctions or anywhere else. Was anyone at the game and possibly see any of this stuff for sale during the All Star Festivities? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Joe

captcrunch227
08-19-2013, 11:24 AM
From what I understand most of the stuff is grabbed up by the card companies and cut up into cards. I spoke with Elvis Andrus about it a few years ago (hold on let me pick up the name I just dropped, lol) they are issued two jerseys, one they put on for just a second then give it to the card company representative. The other jersey, the one they play in, they get to keep. And the players bring their own bats so you're really just limited to baseballs or bases but even on the bases sometimes they get cut up into cards too. Anyway, hope that info helps.

harleighb
08-19-2013, 12:02 PM
The jersey Sano wore in the game was purchased by a card company and will soon be sliced and diced.

His batting practice jersey and cap were sold by MLB to a private collector. As I understand it, MLB does not have any other Sano items from the game.

toddhead
08-19-2013, 04:06 PM
I can't imagine what his jersey went for. I know they were asking $925 for Garin Cecchini's jersey.

Wrigley2010
08-20-2013, 12:37 AM
The jersey Sano wore in the game was purchased by a card company and will soon be sliced and diced.

His batting practice jersey and cap were sold by MLB to a private collector. As I understand it, MLB does not have any other Sano items from the game.

Like a lot of us here I loathe this practice of slicing up these pieces of baseball history into little chunks surrounded by card board.

I can't imagine what his jersey went for. I know they were asking $925 for Garin Cecchini's jersey.

Great point Todd. I'd guess it to be in the 2K range which is certainly out of reach for me. None the less I may have sold some of my collection off to get a hold of that jersey.

Wrigley2010
08-20-2013, 12:40 AM
With all that being said.. I don't suppose anyone here got his Air Jordan turf shoes from Onyx a few weeks ago?