X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aallanson
    • Jul 2013

Game Worn Florida State Seminoles Jerseys

Hello.

I started a photo sharing site to display my collection of game worn Florida State Seminoles jerseys.

Check it out when you have a few minutes.

I'll bump this thread from time to time (with pictures) when I add something new.

Enjoy!
  • cyclonenation
    • Nov 2008

Re: Game Worn Florida State Seminoles Jerseys

I will link it on my site.

Comment

• aallanson
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by cyclonenation
      I will link it on my site.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Your site and gopherjerseys.com are the ones that inspired me to post my modest collection online. I really enjoy your collection (nice score on the Troy Davis jersey) and the write-ups!

Comment

• tom1315
        • Mar 2008

"aalanson," very nice collection of FSU gamers. I primarily collect GU helmets and attached is a 2001 game worn jersey of WR Javon Walker and a 2001 game worn helmet. Enjoy and keep us posted as you grow your collection.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alum
        Attached Files

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
          • Nov 2012

So great to see a Nole collection! I know the bookstore on campus sells many of the game worn jerseys at the end of the season. About 15 years ago, they were selling them for $100 each. Being in college at the time, beer was more important than jerseys, which haunts me now as I remember holding a couple of Darnell Docket's jerseys.

Go Noles.

Comment

• aallanson
            • Jul 2013

Thanks for the comments (and the site visits), guys.

I hope to get down to the campus one day myself, and I will make sure to visit the bookstore! I can only imagine holding a DD jersey in my hand. But back in college, choosing between owning a game worn jersey and having beer money would be like making Sophie's Choice!

Comment

• aallanson
              • Jul 2013

I added photos of some recent pick-ups to my FSU game worn jersey site. Click on the link in my sig if you would like to check them out. Highlights include a game worn Michael Tanks away jersey. Tanks was an Outland Trophy Finalist, and an All-American, in 1989!

Comment

• aallanson
                • Jul 2013

Happy 21st Birthday to the Seminole Collection (added my 21st FSU jersey today)!!! My collection game of age in style with the addition of a sideline worn jersey from one of FSU's two Heisman Trophy winners. Have a look (click on the link in my sig). Thanks, as always.

Alan

Comment

• amgmap
                  • Apr 2006

Congrats on the awesome pickup! Very nice!
                  Washington Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper
                  http://s927.photobucket.com/user/amgmap/library/
                  amgmap@gmail.com

Comment

• aallanson
                    • Jul 2013

Thank you!

Comment

• aallanson
                      • Jul 2013

Added a Dayne Williams game worn away jersey from the 1988 Sunkist Fiesta Bowl to my collection. Williams scored a touchdown in the game, and the Seminoles won 31-28.

Comment

• BrianK
                        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by aallanson
                        Added a Dayne Williams game worn away jersey from the 1988 Sunkist Fiesta Bowl to my collection. Williams scored a touchdown in the game, and the Seminoles won 31-28.
                        Nice collection, and nice presentation on your website. I'm fascinated that FSU screened the names directly on the jerseys. Seems reasonable enough to do so, but it's certainly not the norm. Cool.

Comment

• aallanson
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BrianK
                          Nice collection, and nice presentation on your website. I'm fascinated that FSU screened the names directly on the jerseys. Seems reasonable enough to do so, but it's certainly not the norm. Cool.

I also find this incredibly fascinating. I am still trying to ascertain the exact year they stopped screening the names on the backs of the jerseys. Will let you know if I ever figure that out. I find it interesting that they screened the names on the back of the jerseys because it would seem that when a player was done using the jersey, it wasn't recycled. I assume screened on names can be removed, but I don't think this was the case (if anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten me as I am always excited to learn something new). So if this is the case, what happened to the jersey when A player graduated or was done using it? Could the player keep it? Were they thrown away? Recycled for practice? Donated?

Comment

• aallanson
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by aallanson
                            I also find this incredibly fascinating. I am still trying to ascertain the exact year they stopped screening the names on the backs of the jerseys. Will let you know if I ever figure that out. I find it interesting that they screened the names on the back of the jerseys because it would seem that when a player was done using the jersey, it wasn't recycled. I assume screened on names can be removed, but I don't think this was the case (if anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten me as I am always excited to learn something new). So if this is the case, what happened to the jersey when A player graduated or was done using it? Could the player keep it? Were they thrown away? Recycled for practice? Donated?
                            Kind of answering my own question here, but apparently a screened on name can be removed from the back of a jersey. I added a game worn Marvin Ferrell jersey to my collection, which can be seen here: http://imageevent.com/seminolecollec...=0&w=4&s=0&z=2.

I guess the next step would be to find one that has been recycled for game use.

Comment

• cjackson35
                              • Dec 2006

As a Florida State graduate (class of 1992) it is great to see someone with an FSU jersey collection. I have an Andre Cooper game worn home garnet jersey. Has the 50th Anniversary patch on the front, has the border around the sleeves and collar. And, of course, has his name on the back. Just a gorgeous jersey. Cooper was my guy as we are both from Jax and I loved watching him play basketball as well at Fletcher High School. Truly a great athlete. I will try to post a pic of it on here at some point in time.

At this rate, let's hope to add a Jameis Winston jersey to our collections!

Comment

Working...