PDA

View Full Version : Question on relic NFL football cards.

Anabolicollege17
08-29-2013, 11:15 PM
How come when I type in game used on eBay they come up? Then I see some for example.. that will say; "Game used Peyton Manning relic jersey" and it will be an orange mesh reebok style jersey piece with non kiss-cut numbers ex... Then I see some that have kiss-cut numbers but no nike mesh or fabric. Then I see some with straight shiny fake jersey pieces. What is this all about? The prices on some of them are crazy. I personally find these real cards (like how Bull22 on NFL auctions bids thousands on pro-bowl and game worn jerseys just to cut them up not giving anyone else a chance at them. People who will save them in a whole state) such a waist of a jersey. I thought card companies do insert cards where if you get the golden ticket card you call up and claim your game worn jersey as a whole. I know upper deck used to do this with jerseys ( it was very exciting knowing you have a shot at a real game used jersey) Relics are just to all over the place for my liking. Any experts on here who can chime in on why companies are all over the place claiming to be game worn jersey pieces when in reality they are nothing more than a store bought retail jersey, or a fake from china.

I saw 1 cool relic card so far and asking price was 200$. It was the cut of a nike gamer, but the whole silicone metallic shield was inserted on the card. I'm assuming the jersey was won on NFL auctions by Bull22 or a conrad and that 1 card was lucky enough to get the whole NFL shield put inside of it. Hence the price tag of 200$. You could tell it was real too because of the metallic red and deep navy paint used on it. Replicas do not have those features.

abstractheory
08-30-2013, 05:29 AM
So, you found out that "Bull22" is definitely from a card company?

jake33
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
At this point in the hobby, my thoughts on relic cards are

1) It potentially will bring more people to the hobby of game used items, which may help when you need to sell something

2) I think in general full game used items (not refering cut ups for cards) are now way too easy to obtain. I remember when the hobby used to be basically take what becomes available, becuase you never know when something like that will pop up again. Now, fans can make wish lists and generally be able to be able to get very specific game used items. So, if someone wants to cut some up to make the supply for a full jersey rarer, I do see that as another postive. However, some players wear new jerseys almost every game, so on the flip side, rarity is again in question

Jags Fan Dan
08-30-2013, 02:19 PM
How come when I type in game used on eBay they come up? Then I see some for example.. that will say; "Game used Peyton Manning relic jersey" and it will be an orange mesh reebok style jersey piece with non kiss-cut numbers ex... Then I see some that have kiss-cut numbers but no nike mesh or fabric. Then I see some with straight shiny fake jersey pieces. What is this all about? The prices on some of them are crazy. I personally find these real cards (like how Bull22 on NFL auctions bids thousands on pro-bowl and game worn jerseys just to cut them up not giving anyone else a chance at them. People who will save them in a whole state) such a waist of a jersey. I thought card companies do insert cards where if you get the golden ticket card you call up and claim your game worn jersey as a whole. I know upper deck used to do this with jerseys ( it was very exciting knowing you have a shot at a real game used jersey) Relics are just to all over the place for my liking. Any experts on here who can chime in on why companies are all over the place claiming to be game worn jersey pieces when in reality they are nothing more than a store bought retail jersey, or a fake from china.

I saw 1 cool relic card so far and asking price was 200$. It was the cut of a nike gamer, but the whole silicone metallic shield was inserted on the card. I'm assuming the jersey was won on NFL auctions by Bull22 or a conrad and that 1 card was lucky enough to get the whole NFL shield put inside of it. Hence the price tag of 200$. You could tell it was real too because of the metallic red and deep navy paint used on it. Replicas do not have those features.
From what I have observed personally and from what I have read about, my confidence that anything in any of those cards being a legit piece of whatever it is purported to be is about 5%.

Too many generic white jersey swatches that are genuine pieces of game used jersey from (insert big name player). You all see all of the garbage that is out there when you can examine the entire jersey. Imagine what gets passed off when it is known that indiscernable and identical swatches are going to be the end product?