PDA

View Full Version : Ebay limits 15,000 sellers

Phil316
08-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Was anyone a victim?

http://www.examiner.com/article/ebay-blocks-15-000-sellers-from-listing

All the hoopla about DSR's ect.... To think ebay can just leave people out in the cold is sickening. Some people use ebay as their main income and to feed their families.

commando
08-30-2013, 11:23 PM
If someone feeds their family by listing fraudulent, ill-written, inaccurately described or otherwise questionable items, then I guess they'll have to get a real job now.

You gotta try REALLY hard to make the "Ebay's Bottom 15,000" List. Heck, anyone making that list should get some kind of certificate to proudly hang on the wall.

Phil316
08-30-2013, 11:56 PM
That is the thing. They are limiting honest people not just the scammers. If you are familiar with the dsr system you would understand. Buyers can leave positive feedback and say the item is "great" or "wonderful item" and then back stab you and give you all 1's. it only takes a couple people to do that and they limit your account. It does not matter if you have been a member for 10 years or 6 months, the outcome is the same. Operation guardrail look it up.

I only bring this to light as I have seen this happen to a fellow GUU member who has sparkling feedback.

commando
08-31-2013, 12:49 AM
That is the thing. They are limiting honest people not just the scammers. If you are familiar with the dsr system you would understand. Buyers can leave positive feedback and say the item is "great" or "wonderful item" and then back stab you and give you all 1's. it only takes a couple people to do that and they limit your account. It does not matter if you have been a member for 10 years or 6 months, the outcome is the same. Operation guardrail look it up.

I only bring this to light as I have seen this happen to a fellow GUU member who has sparkling feedback.

I am quite familiar with how Ebay works. I am both a Top-Rated Seller and a Power Seller.

I'm definitely not an Ebay fanboy. As a matter of fact, on a survey I just completed yesterday I rated Ebay a 7 out of 10 regarding whether I'd recommend someone to become a seller. I have told them several times that I believe the DSR Ratings are crap. With that being said, very, very, VERY few good sellers were included in the bottom 15,000.

If anyone wants to show a couple of examples of accounts that were suspended that shouldn't have been, I'd like to see the facts. Save the generalizations and "I heards..." I want to see proof.

commando
08-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Phil, I'm not trying to nitpick... I've tried to look at both sides of the story and I think the vast majority of the housecleaning was a good thing. Ebay has been under lots of pressure lately to do something about bad sellers (especially with reputable sellers like me giving them an earful), and I think they'll be refining the process as they go. Hopefully the DSR Ratings will either be replaced altogether, or the standards will be changed to be more realistic.

Cheers!

Phil316
08-31-2013, 01:51 AM
I have not sold enough to be a power seller although i have been a member since 1996.

It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I can't pretend to know every 15,000 members axed but from reading Seller Central you can get the idea and look at members id's that are being restricted. I agree it is always nice to get the bad ones.

Ebay is moving the small/medium sellers out and making way for Ebay Enterprise. Bid box store branding for companies like Abercrombie & Fitch, Ralph Lauren ect... Very interesting website.

DSR's have to go period.

I do not think you are nitpicking at all Anthony. I do know it is easier to go along though if your on top looking down :)

commando
08-31-2013, 02:23 AM
DSR's have to go period.

I think you're right.

It stinks that a buyer who buys a $1.00 baseball card from you can leave a low DSR, and it hurts you much more than the five-star DSR the buyer who purchased a $1,000 jersey from you helps.

There's definitely something wrong with that.

cohibasmoker
08-31-2013, 07:58 AM
I say good for eBay.

It is estimated that there are 19 million items listed per day on eBay. So, what's the big deal if they kicked 15K off? When you compare the amount of items posted on eBay and the amount of Seller's they kicked off, is that really a large number?

I've been around eBay for years and have had both positive and negative experiences. I have noticed that more and more folks are selling items and they don't even take the time to compose a descent auction page. Maybe its me because if I want to sell something, I like to try and compose a decent description and show a few photographs. And, I answer all of my email requests. Is that too much to ask? I love the auctions have 1 or 2 lines with "guaranteed authentic" and they post a single crappy photograph.

Another example is, some Seller's want to do things their way. eBay has a Buyer Protection Policy so why do some Sellers continue to post, "all sales are final"?

I am sure eBay has their reasons and I guess there are 15K folks out there who were victimized by "the man".

Just some thoughts.

sportsnbikes
10-16-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't think I sell enough to the DSR affect me but who knows. I do know that I don't like their new percentage calculation. I sold an autographed bat that I obtained in person so that I could fund a game used bat. The buyer had it authenticated it came back that it couldn't be authenticated. Ok. Fine. The buyer wanted me to refund his money before he returned the bat. That's not how it works. So, he leaves me my first negative after the bat is returned and I refunded his money.

My feedback dipped to 98.9. As I get more positive feedback, my feedback rating continues to fall .2% every time. It went to 98.7, then 98.5, all the way down to 97.2. I finally called eBay and they said that feedback is now on a 1 year rotating calendar and it will go back to 100% after the year is up. WHAT??? That makes no damn sense!!!

I completely do NOT agree with their rating system. If I'm a member for 10 years with 100% feedback, and I get a negative, give me my lump with a rating for the ENTIRE TIME!

I want a true history of a seller, not just the last year and I think people that buy stuff from me should get the same.

Phil316
10-16-2013, 10:39 PM
You should go read Seller Central. Every month thousands are getting kicked off.

The positive/negative thing will hurt you but they look at your DSR's and how you are "trending". If you can stay out of the clear for a bit you should be ok but anymore bad DSR's or negative's you you be considered trending downward and they may limit your account or suspend it forever. When I say forever i mean forever. They are not messing around anymore.

Phil316
10-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Check out this link.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Central/TRS-to-Below-Standard-with-no-help-from-eBay/td-p/2841764

beachpetrol
10-23-2013, 09:02 PM
You think limiting sellers is bad. How about the fact that Ebay can hide sellers listings (not that I don't think they have already been doing it for the past couple years), when the new user agreement goes into affect soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nudBSQ-mIsU

Anyone else notice that you can't "view items" anymore in buyers and sellers feedbacks? Its crazy what Ebay is doing.