• jscubs1
    • Aug 2011

Please review this bat and let me know what you think

Thoughts???
  • maverick14
    • Aug 2011

Re: Please review this bat and let me know what you think

Bat and signature are legit.
    That being said the low price is because of the lack of heavy use or use for that matter, lack of handle taping, and most importantly lack of pine tar.
    Not the ideal Cano gamer but if you're on a low budget it's a legit bat nonetheless, IMO.
    There's a similar 2008 gamer on ebay which has more of the above characteristics as well as the higher price tag.
    Good luck.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• maverick14
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by maverick14
      That being said the low price is because of the lack of heavy use or use for that matter, lack of handle taping, and most importantly lack of pine tar.
      Not the ideal Cano gamer but if you're on a low budget it's a legit bat nonetheless, IMO.
      There's a similar 2008 gamer on ebay which has more of the above characteristics as well as the higher price tag.
      Good luck.
      Forgot to mention, although I touched on it.
      It's quite possible that bat never saw action despite the inscription.
      It has the streak marks from contact with other bats but no identifiable use from the pics posted.
      It's possible that the lack of use means it was probably in his possession for game use but not necessarily used.
      He would even sign BP bats as "game used 20XX" so doesn't necessarily mean it was game used.
      -Randy
      rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• yankees506
        • Apr 2010

Good luck.
        +100

Comment

• jscubs1
          • Aug 2011

is it the real deal?

Comment

• trsent
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Good luck.
            Forgot to mention, although I touched on it.
            It's quite possible that bat never saw action despite the inscription.
            It has the streak marks from contact with other bats but no identifiable use from the pics posted.
            It's possible that the lack of use means it was probably in his possession for game use but not necessarily used.
            He would even sign BP bats as "game used 20XX" so doesn't necessarily mean it was game used.
            Originally posted by yankees506
            +100
            Originally posted by jscubs1
            is it the real deal?
            Did you read the previous replies before asking this question? No one can know if it's real as it doesn't show use in the pictures with the listing and he apparently has a history of writing the "Game Used" inscription on bats that were not used or used in batting practice.

So, what more do you want to know? I though the first two replies pretty much answered your questions.

I'll answer your question - "Is it the real deal?"

Maybe.

Comment

• mbrieve
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by trsent
              Did you read the previous replies before asking this question? No one can know if it's real as it doesn't show use in the pictures with the listing and he apparently has a history of writing the "Game Used" inscription on bats that were not used or used in batting practice.

So, what more do you want to know? I though the first two replies pretty much answered your questions.

I'll answer your question - "Is it the real deal?"

Maybe.
              Thank you!!!

Comment

• maverick14
                • Aug 2011

is it the real deal?
                Attached Files
                -Randy
                rborrero14 at gmail.com

Comment

• jscubs1
                  • Aug 2011

THANKS this is a hobby lets try to be abit friendly

Comment

• Phil316
                    • May 2013

For trsent it is a business. He does not count and gets a pass LOL

Comment

• trsent
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

I don't understand - Guy took time to answer your question and you still posted asking if the item was good which was obvious that question couldn't be answered based on the original answers people took time from their day to answer your post. Instead of thanking them for their answer, you asked if the item was good.

It's sort of like the debate of the existence of God. Can anyone prove it, but people keep asking if there is a higher power? Your bat cannot be proven from the photos posted on eBay and no one can answer your question. The seller will tell you it's game used. Your minister will tell you he's personally spoken to God.

They are both liars.

Originally posted by Phil316
                      For trsent it is a business. He does not count and gets a pass LOL
                      Yes, I have worked in the sports memorabilia business for 28 years now. Thanks for reminding me how old I am.

Comment

• mbrieve
                        • Jul 2008

Your initial question was answered in great detail by a serious Robinson Cano collector. A second Cano collector quoted the reply and gave a full endorsement.

When you repeated the question it was a huge slap in the face, that or you didn't read the initial reply--I'm not sure what's worse. Either way, it's on you. It has nothing to do with people being friendly or not, it's about you not appreciating the help you received.

I think you will find people are more than willing to help on here, but when you look ungrateful for that help, expect others to call you out on it.

Comment

• jscubs1
                          • Aug 2011

never been ungreatful for help, in fact I said thanks for it

Comment

• Phil316
                            • May 2013

Originally posted by trsent

Yes, I have worked in the sports memorabilia business for 28 years now. Thanks for reminding me how old I am.
                            No problem I have bought a few items from you over the years on ebay and was always pleased with every transaction.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                              • Sep 2012

Man, some people on here seem very critical. You're beating the guy up for a minor thing.

Comment

Working...