PDA

View Full Version : Please review this bat and let me know what you think

jscubs1
09-05-2013, 07:50 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-New-York-Yankees-Robinson-Cano-Game-Used-LS-G174-Bat-Autographed-Hologram-/390651645746?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af4a70f32

Thoughts???

maverick14
09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Bat and signature are legit.
That being said the low price is because of the lack of heavy use or use for that matter, lack of handle taping, and most importantly lack of pine tar.
Not the ideal Cano gamer but if you're on a low budget it's a legit bat nonetheless, IMO.
There's a similar 2008 gamer on ebay which has more of the above characteristics as well as the higher price tag.
Good luck.

maverick14
09-05-2013, 02:00 PM
That being said the low price is because of the lack of heavy use or use for that matter, lack of handle taping, and most importantly lack of pine tar.
Not the ideal Cano gamer but if you're on a low budget it's a legit bat nonetheless, IMO.
There's a similar 2008 gamer on ebay which has more of the above characteristics as well as the higher price tag.
Good luck.

Forgot to mention, although I touched on it.
It's quite possible that bat never saw action despite the inscription.
It has the streak marks from contact with other bats but no identifiable use from the pics posted.
It's possible that the lack of use means it was probably in his possession for game use but not necessarily used.
He would even sign BP bats as "game used 20XX" so doesn't necessarily mean it was game used.

yankees506
09-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Good luck.

+100

jscubs1
09-05-2013, 06:04 PM
is it the real deal?

trsent
09-06-2013, 04:14 AM
Good luck.

Forgot to mention, although I touched on it.
It's quite possible that bat never saw action despite the inscription.
It has the streak marks from contact with other bats but no identifiable use from the pics posted.
It's possible that the lack of use means it was probably in his possession for game use but not necessarily used.
He would even sign BP bats as "game used 20XX" so doesn't necessarily mean it was game used.

+100

is it the real deal?

Did you read the previous replies before asking this question? No one can know if it's real as it doesn't show use in the pictures with the listing and he apparently has a history of writing the "Game Used" inscription on bats that were not used or used in batting practice.

So, what more do you want to know? I though the first two replies pretty much answered your questions.

I'll answer your question - "Is it the real deal?"

Maybe.

mbrieve
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Did you read the previous replies before asking this question? No one can know if it's real as it doesn't show use in the pictures with the listing and he apparently has a history of writing the "Game Used" inscription on bats that were not used or used in batting practice.

So, what more do you want to know? I though the first two replies pretty much answered your questions.

I'll answer your question - "Is it the real deal?"

Maybe.

Thank you!!!

maverick14
09-06-2013, 10:56 PM
is it the real deal?

jscubs1
09-07-2013, 04:22 PM
THANKS this is a hobby lets try to be abit friendly

Phil316
09-07-2013, 05:29 PM

For trsent it is a business. He does not count and gets a pass LOL;)

trsent
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM

I don't understand - Guy took time to answer your question and you still posted asking if the item was good which was obvious that question couldn't be answered based on the original answers people took time from their day to answer your post. Instead of thanking them for their answer, you asked if the item was good.

It's sort of like the debate of the existence of God. Can anyone prove it, but people keep asking if there is a higher power? Your bat cannot be proven from the photos posted on eBay and no one can answer your question. The seller will tell you it's game used. Your minister will tell you he's personally spoken to God.

They are both liars.

For trsent it is a business. He does not count and gets a pass LOL;)

Yes, I have worked in the sports memorabilia business for 28 years now. Thanks for reminding me how old I am.

mbrieve
09-07-2013, 07:27 PM

Your initial question was answered in great detail by a serious Robinson Cano collector. A second Cano collector quoted the reply and gave a full endorsement.

When you repeated the question it was a huge slap in the face, that or you didn't read the initial reply--I'm not sure what's worse. Either way, it's on you. It has nothing to do with people being friendly or not, it's about you not appreciating the help you received.

I think you will find people are more than willing to help on here, but when you look ungrateful for that help, expect others to call you out on it.

jscubs1
09-07-2013, 08:05 PM
never been ungreatful for help, in fact I said thanks for it

Phil316
09-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes, I have worked in the sports memorabilia business for 28 years now. Thanks for reminding me how old I am.

No problem :) I have bought a few items from you over the years on ebay and was always pleased with every transaction. :)

sportsnbikes
09-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Man, some people on here seem very critical. You're beating the guy up for a minor thing. :)

beachpetrol
09-19-2013, 02:17 PM
jscubs1 is a joke. Not sure why anyone on here would even give him the time of day.

trsent
09-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Man, some people on here seem very critical. You're beating the guy up for a minor thing. :)

jscubs1 is a joke. Not sure why anyone on here would even give him the time of day.

I guess everyone sees the situation differently...

maverick14
09-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Everybody who starts collecting at some point for the first time generally has little to no knowledge, in my opinion.
I myself started collecting autograph baseballs and only about 3 yrs ago moved strictly to game-used.
In those 3 years this site has helped me learn an enormous amount about game-used collectibles for which I'm thankful.
If somebody joins the forum and is looking for help, I'm willing to return the favor if I can be of assistance.

That being said I think the problem is the OP has about 5+ threads asking for opinions on ebay auctions within a week or 2 and only looks for a "yay" or "nay" and no real educational response.
Because of that I think its rubbing members the wrong way, and for the most part I do agree.
The best thing about this forum and its members is the knowledge you can obtain here.
Perhaps posting threads asking for traits or characteristics of certain players such as Cano, Arod, Nunez would be more beneficial rather than using the site as a PSA/DNA-like quick opinion for possible GU purchases.
And in return you'd learn more, get more help, and not have to constantly post ebay opinion threads.
Not to mention I know for a fact there are old threads on here with such information, the search function works wonders (I still don't understand why so many new members don't use it:confused::confused:).

My 2 cents.

jscubs1
09-19-2013, 06:26 PM
really im a joke, this a hobby we should all work for the better of the hobby and dont act like jerks.

mbrieve
09-19-2013, 07:30 PM
That being said I think the problem is the OP has about 5+ threads asking for opinions on ebay auctions within a week or 2 and only looks for a "yay" or "nay" and no real educational response.
Because of that I think its rubbing members the wrong way, and for the most part I do agree.
The best thing about this forum and its members is the knowledge you can obtain here.
Perhaps posting threads asking for traits or characteristics of certain players such as Cano, Arod, Nunez would be more beneficial rather than using the site as a PSA/DNA-like quick opinion for possible GU purchases.
And in return you'd learn more, get more help, and not have to constantly post ebay opinion threads.
Not to mention I know for a fact there are old threads on here with such information, the search function works wonders (I still don't understand why so many new members don't use it:confused::confused:).

My 2 cents.

You nailed it!

Jags Fan Dan
09-19-2013, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=maverick14;335542]Everybody who starts collecting at some point for the first time generally has little to no knowledge, in my opinion.
I myself started collecting autograph baseballs and only about 3 yrs ago moved strictly to game-used.
In those 3 years this site has helped me learn an enormous amount about game-used collectibles for which I'm thankful.
If somebody joins the forum and is looking for help, I'm willing to return the favor if I can be of assistance.

My 2 cents.[/QUO

you took the words right out of my mouth.

sportsnbikes
09-20-2013, 01:27 AM
I was only going on what I was seeing on this one thread. I have no knowledge of any previous posts. I don't come in this forum a whole lot but when I have, I often come away with at least one or two educational items.