PDA

View Full Version : Bounty at a poker game ...

marino13
09-09-2013, 09:25 AM

I am a decent poker player but when it comes to game used being combined at a poker table - I become reckless.

A Game Issued 2013 Pro Bowl Jersey of Rob Gronkowski was being negotiated between friends at a poker game -- and that quickly escalated since there are a couple of New Englanders got involved.

Being a Jets fan (again, embarrass as it maybe), I just want to up the bid on the item just for the heck of it. The more money they spend on the jersey, the less money they will have at the table to "bully" others with their BS antic.

Instead of going back and forth, we all agree that it will be bounty of the next all-in with two or more parties involve - the pot must exceed $1,000. The winner will walk away with the winning pot and he will pay the minimum for the jersey (as for being minimum - it was really minimum for the NFL gamer, Pro Bowl ones).

To make this short and simple --- after about six hours play, I am a proud new owner of this jersey!

Will post pictures when I have a chance.

What you think the value of this jersey?

To me, it is more like "pouring salt in opened wounds" to those New Englanders - not only they lost out on the ALL-IN bet, they also lose out on the jersey. Win win for a little Jets fan .... :D

marino13
09-09-2013, 10:25 AM

mdube16
09-09-2013, 10:46 AM
As an issued jersey, I would guess around 300-350 on ebay. Im sure on NFL auctions it brought much more.

Phil316
09-09-2013, 11:02 AM
I think because it has the PSA/DNA authentication stating it was his back-up it would be worth more. Especially when he gets back to playing. I would figure you could get 500 to 600 for it. Maybe consigning to a bigger auction house might get you more.

Enyouartist
09-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Pretty nice home game if the pot was over $1000! What was the hand?

marino13
09-09-2013, 04:24 PM
It was a "mutual" weekly spot.

Things were friendly until the jersey got involved.

Three-way all in. I got caught with semi-bluffing with open-ended straight and flush draw on the flop. The other two - one with KK pre-flop and the other hit the trip on the flop and went fishing.

I would have folded if I wasn't pot-committed. But when both went all in, I figure one might hit top pairs and the other might have flush draw or something. Figure I get decent odd for the return and still have 17-outs (8 for the straight and 9 for the flush) without knowing what they were holding.

With the enticement of the jersey and my attitude toward the BS bully tactic, I might as well.

The TURN turned a blank.

And the RIVER gave me a straight..... And the jersey.

(It was a bad call on my part to get involved in the 3-way pot... With the worst hand.... But the odds and outs were in my favor, which was why I got involved)

Enyouartist
09-09-2013, 10:58 PM

Three-way all in. I got caught with semi-bluffing with open-ended straight and flush draw on the flop. The other two - one with KK pre-flop and the other hit the trip on the flop and went fishing.

I would have folded if I wasn't pot-committed. But when both went all in, I figure one might hit top pairs and the other might have flush draw or something. Figure I get decent odd for the return and still have 17-outs (8 for the straight and 9 for the flush) without knowing what they were holding.

With the enticement of the jersey and my attitude toward the BS bully tactic, I might as well.

The TURN turned a blank.

(It was a bad call on my part to get involved in the 3-way pot... With the worst hand.... But the odds and outs were in my favor, which was why I got involved)

What do you mean"hit the trip on the flop and went fishing"? He had trips and went fishing for a boat?

If you figured that "the other might have a flush draw or something", then you're only drawing to six outs and a big 3 to 1 dog.

So basically you sucked out big time for a game jersey! Haha nice

marino13
09-10-2013, 10:19 AM
What do you mean"hit the trip on the flop and went fishing"? He had trips and went fishing for a boat?

If you figured that "the other might have a flush draw or something", then you're only drawing to six outs and a big 3 to 1 dog.

So basically you sucked out big time for a game jersey! Haha nice

He went "fishing" for more chips by checking - hoping to trap. And he succeeded when KK bet and I called and then "trips" re-raised. When KK went all-in, I was pot committed - so, I might as well call.

When we all turn our cards over --- I was like, I got more outs since there weren't any flush draw --- un-match KK and one match on the trip -- so I still got like 8 out on the straight draw and 8 out on the flush. I will take that bet any day of the week.

Not a bad way to earn a FREE jersey --- right? And not mentioning some greenbacks ... :D

akrover
09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Great story & a sweet jersey. They did an excellent job with the Pro Bowl jerseys last year.

trsent
09-11-2013, 05:13 PM

The TURN turned a blank.

If you flopped an open ended straight and a flush draw (but not a straight flush draw) and you are getting 3 to 1 on your money the call is the correct call.

paul457
09-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Hey marino13,

Depending on price, I may be interested in the Gronk jersey if you're looking to move it. Can't send you a pm - but my email is tobey457 at gmail.

Lemme know!

paul457
09-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Marino13 -

I'm interested in the Gronk PB jersey - please email me!

tobey457 at gmail.

marino13
09-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Marino13 -

I'm interested in the Gronk PB jersey - please email me!

tobey457 at gmail.

One of these days, I might let it go. Will keep you in mind. :D

paul457
09-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Dude you're a Jets fan, you don't want that thing!! And just so you know, if he hurts himself again, my offer is going to drop by 50%. Just bustin' your stones, as a Pats fan it should be expected. ;)

Seriously though, I've been looking for a 2013 Pats Pro Bowl jersey, so please let me know as soon as you can if you want to part with it. I've got my eye on something else, but would prefer the Gronk.

Lemme know - thanks man.

tobey457@gmail.com

marino13
09-28-2013, 12:15 AM
(instead of starting any thread, I might as well continue it here)

My buddy text me - the guy is coming back for another poker game next weekend and he is bringing another Pro Bowl issued jersey to be used as bounty.

It will be Aaron Rodgers and it has PSA/DNA sticker and authenticity.

What is the value of this jersey? I just need to know so I know what I am willing to invest in the poker game trying to get it! :D

Anabolicollege17
09-28-2013, 12:32 AM
I'd say about 6-800$ maybe 1k being its Rodgers. And Rodgers stuff even issued goes for a pretty decent number. Just wait for a 2nd opinion to be safe.

Also how does he get all these issued pro-bowl jerseys? I want one

marino13
09-28-2013, 08:15 AM
We normally don't ask what one does at the poker table. :D

As long as you can reloaded with your greenbacks, we welcome all comers with one restriction - you have to be a friend somehow.

Anabolicollege17
09-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Don't ask what he does (heck maybe hes a mobster) just ask where he gets such nice jerseys lol

Anabolicollege17
09-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Where are these games Marino? I'm a Dolphins collector and have some cool stuff I can put up :D

paul457
10-26-2013, 08:17 PM
I have a 2013 Matt Ryan Pro Bowl backup jersey, COA from NFL Auctions / PSA / DNA. Would be willing to trade it straight up for the Gronk if interested.

Or cash.

Just throwing it out there. Promise this is the last time I'll bug you about it!

Tobey457 at gmail.

marino13
08-10-2014, 09:28 PM
It has been a while, but I end with these lovelies over that period of time.

Finally have a chance to post them.

How much would each be worth? (since I am not really into NFL stuff and so forth)

And they all have PSA/DNA sticker and card.

helf35
08-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Wow! Those are dirty!

Phil316
08-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Beastmode

beantown
08-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Marino13...sure has been awhile!! If you're not into NFL stuff, can you help me add that Gronkowski to my collection??

marino13
08-12-2014, 10:04 AM
These NFL Pro Bowl issued jerseys are growing on me. I am hoping that they wont be a distraction at the poker game.

There is another one this weekend, hopefully, there will be something new - something to give me a reason to be reckless!

There were a couple new players in the group and they got Jets gamers -- and I have been taunting them to bring them to the game and they havent took the bait yet. Will have to try harder!

Phil316
08-19-2014, 12:40 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matt-Forte-Chicago-Bears-Team-Game-Issued-Pro-Bowl-2013-Nike-Jersey-/291221677211?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ce2a249b

Forte hit ebay it looks like. :p

Samets
08-19-2014, 06:46 AM
Added to my watch list. I'm curious what the secondary marketplace wants to pay for this one. It only sold for $305 (http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=292740) when it originally was auctioned off...

marino13
08-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Hmmm ... how many of these out there?

Here I thought, there is only ONE of each (since the players being drafted and all)

By the way, this is NOT my auction - since I dont do auction. I still have my jersey and it is in a zip lock bag in the basement.

And PSA/DNA number is also different.

:confused:

Samets
08-19-2014, 01:02 PM
I would imagine there were at least 4 jerseys for the 2013 game. One set for the team chosen containing the game jersey and a back-up as well as the 2nd team which is not used at all.