PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros are finally selling on MLB Auctions

BamaHater
09-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Looks like Astros Authentics are finally selling items on MLB Auctions. I know Mike had said he was going to begin to list stuff there. Prices are not cheap considering the lack of demand for Astros Memorabilia. Looks like they listed the Star players ie. Altuve, Cosart, Castro and Barnes and few stars of the past:D Only the Art Howe and the Biggo jerseys have any bids though. I love Altuve and he very well could be a star for years to come but with the state of this team $950 is too much to ask and $750 for an opening day Brandon Barnes is crazy. I know for a fact some of these jerseys have been for sale recently in the Authentics booth and they wanted even more for the jerseys:eek:

http://astros.auction.mlb.com/

MLB~NUT
09-12-2013, 03:39 AM
Thats absurd....:eek: Why can't these teams start the bidding at say $250, and let the fans go from there!;) Its like the Orioles gu jerseys this year, they set a reserve thats insane... Yet most of the meet the reserve...:rolleyes: I understand theres plenty if people with disposable income, or more $ than 0.00!:p But a Manny Machado gu jersey for $2500.00' c'mon....:(

MLB~NUT
09-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Here's a prime example of what I was talking about!:eek:
http://nationals.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=15100116&prmenbr=56309549&aunbr=15100116

swainer
09-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Here's a prime example of what I was talking about!:eek:
http://nationals.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=15100116&prmenbr=56309549&aunbr=15100116

In general, I agree but this auction is a bit different. You are presented the jersey on field after the game. I bet this one goes for a nice chunk of change (as if $4K isn't nice enough).

AbejasAsesinas
09-12-2013, 10:33 AM
You think the auction prices are high?

Go to Astros Authentics and ask them how much they want for those jerseys @ Minute Maid.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and almost crapped my pants when I asked for prices on the jerseys. They wanted $1000 for the Memorial day Barnes jersey. They wanted $3500 for the Altuve Memorial Day jersey.

I kindly explained to the employee that I could get an Andrew Mccutchen jersey for $1k, and that while Barnes is a fan favorite, they shouldn't be charging all-star prices for his jerseys. Fortunately I found a TBTC Barnes jersey for a better price, which the employee told me was incorrectly priced.

Don't get me wrong, the employees were friendly and conversational. I've always been a fan of Mike Acosta as well. With that being said, someone is hitting the crack pipe with the pricing @ AA.

MLB~NUT
09-12-2013, 03:48 PM
In general, I agree but this auction is a bit different. You are presented the jersey on field after the game. I bet this one goes for a nice chunk of change (as if $4K isn't nice enough).

The funniest part is it doesn't Include a ticket to the game, your still responsible to buy that seperate!:eek: Wtf...

Klattsy
09-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Looks like I won't be picking up any cheap Travis Blackley stuff then...