PDA

View Full Version : Ruth's Home Run Candy Wrappers??

vintagesportscollector
11-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Question for the group. It seems it wasn't that long ago that these wrappers were being listed with a price in excess if $1,000. Now they show up fairly frequently on ebay and you can get one fairly easily for $80. Are the ones showing up on ebay real? Do fakes exist for these wrappers? Or is it just a matter of supply being far greater than initially thought and price dropping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170051973960&rd=1&rd=1

-Joe

slidekellyslide
11-26-2006, 09:18 PM
That one sure looks fake to me....and yes there have been fakes showing up recently. At least two this past summer that were discussed on the Net 54 board. Some guy who was selling them was also selling a fake Baltimore News Ruth card. It's getting ugly out there.

Lots of fake Fan for a Fan's showing up lately also.

slidekellyslide
11-26-2006, 09:21 PM
I just looked at the sellers past auctions and saw that they auctioned off a Ruth/Gehrig barnstorming tour poster....they claim they saw another just like it sell recently and claim they sold another one a year ago......Ummmm yeah sure.

FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!! :mad:

vintagesportscollector
11-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks Dan. I have seen several of these sell on ebay, both variations. They certainly look very real. The previous ones looked a lot more real than this one. I am not sure I would be able to tell the difference....very ugly out there.