PDA

View Full Version : Matt Carpenter..is it a match?

onlyalbert
09-15-2013, 09:43 PM
So I picked up this MCarp red label Marucci bat at the game the other day. It was auth. on Sept 4th as "team issued" and date stamp is 7-10-13. I haven't had time to match it yet with MLBtv, but the other day I got my Cardinals Game Day mag in the mail. First thing I noticed on the mag pic was the stamping. I can't take a great shot of the knob with my camera, but I think this is a match based on what I have circled. It is more clear with the magazine and bat in hand for sure. The stamped 5 touches the corner of the black 1. There's a smudge just south of that touching the other stamped 1. There's a nick to the east of the 10 that you can see in person clearly, but not so well on the shot. And the most tell tale is the smudge south of the 13 in the date stamp. Whaddya think?

gameused
09-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Sweet bat! Also the grain lines on the knob match up nicely. You got yourself a nice match. Congrats!

Thanks,
Bobby

onlyalbert
09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Sweet bat! Also the grain lines on the knob match up nicely. You got yourself a nice match. Congrats!

Thanks,
Bobby

Bobby, thanks for catching that! Never noticed that before. Nice.

jlengeli
09-16-2013, 06:29 PM
Nice! I admit my jealousy. I was hoping to snag one of the red labels of his but haven't had tickets in a while. Let me know if you want to dump it. Nice pickup! :)

ryant7
09-16-2013, 08:39 PM
August 4th on gettyimages looks like a potential match if you could find someone with MLBTV to hook you up w/ a screenshot I think its the bat! Looks as though he used a similar Red label for the entire month of August.

gameu08
10-15-2013, 08:12 PM
hey onlyalbert

any chance you can email me?

thanks Mike