PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears George Halas signed book

stasman
09-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Question,
I recently purchased a book signed by original NFL Chicago Bears member/ owner/coach George "Papa Bear" Halas. The book is titled "Halas by Halas". The page where the autograph is says " This copy of the special Chicago Bears Fan Edition has been autographed by George Halas". it is then signed in blue pen. Does anyone know how many of these were signed by Halas? tens, hundreds, thousands? Thanks..

trsent
09-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Question,
I recently purchased a book signed by original NFL Chicago Bears member/ owner/coach George "Papa Bear" Halas. The book is titled "Halas by Halas". The page where the autograph is says " This copy of the special Chicago Bears Fan Edition has been autographed by George Halas". it is then signed in blue pen. Does anyone know how many of these were signed by Halas? tens, hundreds, thousands? Thanks..

He signed quite a few of those as special editions and for fans over the years but it still has some value. Last two sold on eBay for $80 and $150 approximately. The sells for certified copies of this book are asking $300 and upwards.

A nice signed copy not personalized should fetch about $200.00.

stasman
09-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Thank You Joel...I picked it up for $60..Matt