PDA

View Full Version : Paint Pen on canvas

Vincent
09-20-2013, 09:31 AM
I was wondering if anyone has ever used a silver paint pen on canvas and how well the signature holds up over time. I realize this should probably be in the autograph forum, but I believe a lot of people in the GU forum have used paint pen. If you have any experience with it fading and what not, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Vince

marino13
09-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Paint pen is BEST option for canvas - you just have match up the base (oil on oil, water on water and so forth).

Depend on the size of the image on canvas, it is much better to pre-test on a piece of paper so you can see what look best.

I try not to use anything larger than XL tip - but then again, if your canvas is huge, you will need to have the signature proportionate with the image.

(stay away from Small or Fine -- those will just disappear on the canvas)

Good luck.

(looking forward to meet Mariano Rivera so he can sign a painting - it is an interesting hobby to say the least. Expensive but interesting)

Vincent
09-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Paint pen is BEST option for canvas - you just have match up the base (oil on oil, water on water and so forth).

Depend on the size of the image on canvas, it is much better to pre-test on a piece of paper so you can see what look best.

I try not to use anything larger than XL tip - but then again, if your canvas is huge, you will need to have the signature proportionate with the image.

(stay away from Small or Fine -- those will just disappear on the canvas)

Good luck.

(looking forward to meet Mariano Rivera so he can sign a painting - it is an interesting hobby to say the least. Expensive but interesting)
My email is vincentrinaldi4@yahoo.com. Can you please email me so I can get your thoughts on an item I am looking at buying? It would be the biggest purchase I have made in a considerable time and I have a few hesitations on the signature. Item ends in a few days so no rush. If not, thanks for helping me out!

allstarsplus
09-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Deco Color is what we use for autographs on canvas.

http://www.artsuppliesonline.com/catalog.cfm?cata_id=2029