PDA

View Full Version : posada bat

mosapie
11-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey:

Just won the following Posada bat. How does it look? I'm not too familiar with his stuff, so all comments would be appreciated. Steiner cert. looks good.
Thanks.

Yankwood
11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
This is a typical Luis Sojo tape job. I have also seen Sojo's bats with Posada-type tape jobs. More than just a couple. My feeling is that they shared bats similar to Tino M. and Boggs when they played together with the Yanks.

mosapie
11-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks. So, I guess either Sojo/Posada could have used the bat?

Does the wear on the handle underneath the tape indicate anything (indicative of who may have used the bat first)?

Here's the cert. that was missing.

Oh, I believe I purchased your Tino bat. Looking forward to it!

pjbmd
11-27-2006, 06:31 PM
I'ld be willing to bet that you are the proud owner of a Jorge Posada game model bat which has been prepped and used by Enrique Wilson. That tape job and shaving of the handle look similar to other taped jobs of his that have ben on e-bay recently
pjb

Yankwood
11-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I'ld be willing to bet that you are the proud owner of a Jorge Posada game model bat which has been prepped and used by Enrique Wilson. That tape job and shaving of the handle look similar to other taped jobs of his that have ben on e-bay recently
pjbIt's true, I have seen Wilson tape them up like this, too.

JETEFAN
11-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Getting boring, but I'll say it for the 1000th time, STEINER HAS NO CLUE!!! The bat was probaly used by someone with a contract with another bat company. You can see on the picture that a ring was added in the middle handle. This is often done by players with Rawlings contract who want to use something else. If this bat did not have the Steiner letter, I doubt anyone would have touched it !! :eek: :confused:

George

TFig27
11-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Getting boring, but I'll say it for the 1000th time, STEINER HAS NO CLUE!!! The bat was probaly used by someone with a contract with another bat company. You can see on the picture that a ring was added in the middle handle. This is often done by players with Rawlings contract who want to use something else. If this bat did not have the Steiner letter, I doubt anyone would have touched it !! :eek: :confused:

George

quick question for you. do you know the reason of this?

mosapie
11-27-2006, 10:02 PM
great! So I have a Wilson or Sojo bat? Cost around 200.

JETEFAN
11-28-2006, 09:34 AM
quick question for you. do you know the reason of this?

Some players with Rawlings contracts who use other bats put the ring on the bat because from a distance and on T.V. it looks like a Rawlings bat which they are suppose to be using due to contract with Rawlings.

JETEFAN
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
great! So I have a Wilson or Sojo bat? Cost around 200.

From the pictures bat looks to be from 1999, Wilson was not on Roster so it looks like maybe Sojo. I have also included 2 pictures, 1 shows Sojo using tape on his bat and the other, from what I can see, maybe someone with a more advanced photo program can zoom in, looks to be Sojo using a Louisville (TPX Logo?) and you can see he added the ring on the handle. The bat in question is also a Louisville with an added ring.

George

Yankwood
11-28-2006, 10:12 AM
From the pictures bat looks to be from 1999, Wilson was not on Roster so it looks like maybe Sojo. I have also included 2 pictures, 1 shows Sojo using tape on his bat and the other, from what I can see, maybe someone with a more advanced photo program can zoom in, looks to be Sojo using a Louisville (TPX Logo?) and you can see he added the ring on the handle. The bat in question is also a Louisville with an added ring.

GeorgeOn the other hand, I recently purchased a Steiner game used Sojo from someone on this site for $75. When I got it I was pleasantly surprised to get a black Louisville with a Posada tape job.

JETEFAN
11-28-2006, 10:22 AM
On the other hand, I recently purchased a Steiner game used Sojo from someone on this site for $75. When I got it I was pleasantly surprised to get a black Louisville with a Posada tape job.

Maybe Steiner should have a shared or bat swapping section !!!!:rolleyes:

mosapie
11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
OK guys, so what the heck do I have, and how should I proceed?
Thanks for the posts,
Ash.

Yankwood
11-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Maybe Steiner should have a shared or bat swapping section !!!!:rolleyes:Swapping has always been a Yankee tradition. And not just bats. Just ask Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich.

JETEFAN
11-28-2006, 10:38 AM
OK guys, so what the heck do I have, and how should I proceed?
Thanks for the posts,
Ash.

Ash,

Bottom line, you have a Posada bat probably used by someone else!! But not to worry, you have the "STEINER CERTIFICATE" (Choir of Angels softly singing in background...) 99% of the population will see the bat as what is on the Cert. thinking it's Posada, but that's OK, Steiner thinks it's Posada too !!!!!!

GameBats
11-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Give Steiner a call and speak with Bob Malandro. I'm pretty sure he'll let you exchange it for a genuine Posada gamer.

mosapie
11-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the help guys!

mosapie
11-28-2006, 07:18 PM
well.... spoke to Steiner and the seller. Took about half an hour to decide that a replacement from Steiner would be best.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Once again, this would not have been possible if not for the suggestions and information offered by forum members.
Thanks again.:D

GameBats
11-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Glad it worked out. Did you speak with Bob M.?

mosapie
11-30-2006, 02:07 AM
No. Spoke with a James Furst, and then the seller's Steiner Rep. They actually asked what I wanted, so I told them....Ruth bat, good use.
I wish!

We'll see what happens. It seems that they can find a comparable bat in terms of the year range, usage, etc. So, gold stars to Steiner!:D