Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportsnbikes
    • Sep 2012

MLBTV only $4

If anyone is trying use MLB.TV to photo match any items, it's only $4 bucks through the end of the season. I was able to get a few more photos of a bat I had already matched but wanted more pics and have another bat I'm close on.

Not a bad deal for a quick match!
  • amgmap
    • Apr 2006

Re: MLBTV only $4

Thanks for the heads up! I've never used it before, but would love to get some matches. Any pointers on how to use it? Thanks!
    Washington Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper
    http://s927.photobucket.com/user/amgmap/library/
    amgmap@gmail.com

Comment

• mook03005
      • Apr 2008

thanks for the heads up, gonna get it too
      Ebay seller: mancaveauctions

Collecting Marlins Game Used jerseys, Jeff Conine,
      250 HR / 250 SB Club Members.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by amgmap
        Thanks for the heads up! I've never used it before, but would love to get some matches. Any pointers on how to use it? Thanks!
        Well I can tell you that I was all ready to go using my PS3 and my 60 inch Plasma to check some bats from last year but after not being able to, I called customer support only to find out that you can't go back before this year on the PS3. You can on an XBOX 360 but not the PS3. I was left with using my laptop. Not quite the close-up or picture quality I was looking for. Oh well. I was still able to get better pictures than what I had. But, bigger detailed pictures is what I needed to try and match my Moustakas and Gordon bats. I can still do it by hooking up my laptop to my 46 inch LCD. The 60 inch doesn't have the connection I need to hook up my laptop.

All in all it's pretty easy to use if you have a good Internet connection.

Comment

• amgmap
          • Apr 2006

Thanks for the info. I'm definitely considering doing this. How do you capture the still images? Is there a secret to it? I'll also be using a laptop, but also might hook it up to a larger screen. Thanks!
          amgmap@gmail.com

Comment

• Misha
            • Apr 2013

The best way I find to get quality images is to use my computer and have the mlb settings for HD. Then freeze the frame you want by pausing the controller and then take a screen capture from your computer.

I have a Mac so you press the apple key together with the shift key and number 4. You'll then be able to highlight exactly what you want to take a photo of.

Then the photo will be on your desktop. It' seashore then to open up, zoom, crop, whatever.

Comment

• Misha
              • Apr 2013

it's easy (not seashore-autocorrect error)

Comment

• amgmap
                • Apr 2006

Thanks for the awesome instructions! I think I might take a stab at it.
                amgmap@gmail.com

Comment

• NeonStatus
                  • Apr 2010

How many seasons back does MLB.TV allow access, if not on the PS3? At the $4 purchase price when does the subscription expire?

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by NeonStatus
                    How many seasons back does MLB.TV allow access, if not on the PS3? At the $4 purchase price when does the subscription expire?
                    I didn't ask when it expires. I would think you should be able to use it for awhile. At least until the WS is over.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Misha
                      The best way I find to get quality images is to use my computer and have the mlb settings for HD. Then freeze the frame you want by pausing the controller and then take a screen capture from your computer.

I have a Mac so you press the apple key together with the shift key and number 4. You'll then be able to highlight exactly what you want to take a photo of.

Then the photo will be on your desktop. It' seashore then to open up, zoom, crop, whatever.
                      I wouldn't mind using the laptop except the I was REALLY wanting a LARGE picture to even get the match. The laptop for me is too small.

Comment

• carbonrosa
                        • Jun 2012

When I called, I was told the archives go back to 2009. I'm going to pay the $4 as well but be carefull and remember to cancel at some point since MLB will automatically charge you $129 for the next season at some point.
                        -Devin

Comment

• bobsis24
                          • Jul 2011

I think the subscription expires at the end of February. I subscribed toward the end of the 2012 season for $10, and had the entire winter to use it for photomatching.

As an out-of-market fan, I had been purchasing the MLB Extra Innings package on cable for several years. I was so pleased with MLB.TV that I kept it this season instead of Extra Innings. As a result I could watch the games either live or whenever I wanted, view both the home and away broadcasts (helpful for photomatching), and saved about $50 versus the cost of Extra Innings. Even with receiving the game over an old, slow WiFi connection, streaming it from a laptop to my 52" HDTV via HDMI produced a decent picture, although nowhere near the quality of cable HDTV.

I get games back to 2009. However, they are available in HD only from 2010 on. Photomatching without HD didn't seem practical.

Bob

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by carbonrosa
                            When I called, I was told the archives go back to 2009. I'm going to pay the $4 as well but be carefull and remember to cancel at some point since MLB will automatically charge you $129 for the next season at some point.
                            -Devin
                            Oh yes forgot to mention that!!

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sportsnbikes
                              If anyone is trying use MLB.TV to photo match any items, it's only $4 bucks through the end of the season. I was able to get a few more photos of a bat I had already matched but wanted more pics and have another bat I'm close on.

Not a bad deal for a quick match!
                              so is this subscription still valid? would love to see all post season games i missed somehow.

what is the cheapest way right now? looking for something that i can attach to my roku box and watch on a tv screen.
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com
                              Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

Working...