PDA

View Full Version : MLBTV only $4

sportsnbikes
09-24-2013, 09:25 PM
If anyone is trying use MLB.TV to photo match any items, it's only $4 bucks through the end of the season. I was able to get a few more photos of a bat I had already matched but wanted more pics and have another bat I'm close on.

Not a bad deal for a quick match!

amgmap
09-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I've never used it before, but would love to get some matches. Any pointers on how to use it? Thanks!

mook03005
09-24-2013, 10:04 PM
thanks for the heads up, gonna get it too

sportsnbikes
09-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I've never used it before, but would love to get some matches. Any pointers on how to use it? Thanks!

Well I can tell you that I was all ready to go using my PS3 and my 60 inch Plasma to check some bats from last year but after not being able to, I called customer support only to find out that you can't go back before this year on the PS3. You can on an XBOX 360 but not the PS3. I was left with using my laptop. Not quite the close-up or picture quality I was looking for. Oh well. I was still able to get better pictures than what I had. But, bigger detailed pictures is what I needed to try and match my Moustakas and Gordon bats. I can still do it by hooking up my laptop to my 46 inch LCD. The 60 inch doesn't have the connection I need to hook up my laptop.

All in all it's pretty easy to use if you have a good Internet connection.

amgmap
09-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm definitely considering doing this. How do you capture the still images? Is there a secret to it? I'll also be using a laptop, but also might hook it up to a larger screen. Thanks!

Misha
09-25-2013, 08:10 AM
The best way I find to get quality images is to use my computer and have the mlb settings for HD. Then freeze the frame you want by pausing the controller and then take a screen capture from your computer.

I have a Mac so you press the apple key together with the shift key and number 4. You'll then be able to highlight exactly what you want to take a photo of.

Then the photo will be on your desktop. It' seashore then to open up, zoom, crop, whatever.

Misha
09-25-2013, 08:12 AM
it's easy (not seashore-autocorrect error)

amgmap
09-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the awesome instructions! I think I might take a stab at it.

NeonStatus
09-25-2013, 04:03 PM
How many seasons back does MLB.TV allow access, if not on the PS3? At the $4 purchase price when does the subscription expire?

sportsnbikes
09-25-2013, 04:57 PM
How many seasons back does MLB.TV allow access, if not on the PS3? At the $4 purchase price when does the subscription expire?

I didn't ask when it expires. I would think you should be able to use it for awhile. At least until the WS is over.

sportsnbikes
09-25-2013, 04:59 PM
The best way I find to get quality images is to use my computer and have the mlb settings for HD. Then freeze the frame you want by pausing the controller and then take a screen capture from your computer.

I have a Mac so you press the apple key together with the shift key and number 4. You'll then be able to highlight exactly what you want to take a photo of.

Then the photo will be on your desktop. It' seashore then to open up, zoom, crop, whatever.

I wouldn't mind using the laptop except the I was REALLY wanting a LARGE picture to even get the match. The laptop for me is too small.

carbonrosa
09-25-2013, 06:39 PM

When I called, I was told the archives go back to 2009. I'm going to pay the $4 as well but be carefull and remember to cancel at some point since MLB will automatically charge you $129 for the next season at some point.
-Devin

bobsis24
09-25-2013, 08:08 PM
I think the subscription expires at the end of February. I subscribed toward the end of the 2012 season for $10, and had the entire winter to use it for photomatching.

As an out-of-market fan, I had been purchasing the MLB Extra Innings package on cable for several years. I was so pleased with MLB.TV that I kept it this season instead of Extra Innings. As a result I could watch the games either live or whenever I wanted, view both the home and away broadcasts (helpful for photomatching), and saved about $50 versus the cost of Extra Innings. Even with receiving the game over an old, slow WiFi connection, streaming it from a laptop to my 52" HDTV via HDMI produced a decent picture, although nowhere near the quality of cable HDTV.

I get games back to 2009. However, they are available in HD only from 2010 on. Photomatching without HD didn't seem practical.

Bob

sportsnbikes
09-25-2013, 09:25 PM
When I called, I was told the archives go back to 2009. I'm going to pay the $4 as well but be carefull and remember to cancel at some point since MLB will automatically charge you $129 for the next season at some point.
-Devin

Oh yes forgot to mention that!!

joelsabi
10-06-2013, 10:32 AM
If anyone is trying use MLB.TV to photo match any items, it's only $4 bucks through the end of the season. I was able to get a few more photos of a bat I had already matched but wanted more pics and have another bat I'm close on.

Not a bad deal for a quick match!

so is this subscription still valid? would love to see all post season games i missed somehow.

what is the cheapest way right now? looking for something that i can attach to my roku box and watch on a tv screen.

sportsnbikes
10-06-2013, 05:43 PM
so is this subscription still valid? would love to see all post season games i missed somehow.

what is the cheapest way right now? looking for something that i can attach to my roku box and watch on a tv screen.

Not sure. Just go to mlb.tv and maybe there's some info there.