PDA

View Full Version : Fake Jersey...Counterfeit

sportsnbikes
09-26-2013, 02:27 AM
These fake jerseys crack me up. So many indicators. Some obvious and some harder to spot. Here is one I saw on e-bay. Can you spot the mistake(s)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salvador-Perez-Autographed-2013-XL-All-star-Jersey-/181224346072?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2a31d011d8

There are a million indicators on this one but the funniest is the shirt tag. Check out the pic. Do you see the mistake?

metsbats
09-26-2013, 05:51 AM
The seller does not state this jersey is game issued or worn. (Of course it still has the Majestic tag) so are you saying this is one of those knockoffs from overseas?

trsent
09-26-2013, 06:42 AM
The seller does not state this jersey is game issued or worn. (Of course it still has the Majestic tag) so are you saying this is one of those knockoffs from overseas?

I assume that was the intention. There are a lot of China knockoff autographed jerseys for sale on eBay which makes it hard for people who buy licensed jerseys to compete.

These fake jerseys crack me up. So many indicators. Some obvious and some harder to spot. Here is one I saw on e-bay. Can you spot the mistake(s)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Salvador-Perez-Autographed-2013-XL-All-star-Jersey-/181224346072?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2a31d011d8

There are a million indicators on this one but the funniest is the shirt tag. Check out the pic. Do you see the mistake?

Plushing, New York! Do I win a prize?

metsbats
09-26-2013, 07:50 AM
Good catch Joel. "Flushing" is the correct and appropriately named town the Mets play in.

rufusandherschel
09-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Good catch Joel. "Flushing" is the correct and appropriately named town the Mets play in.

Good one ! ! !

slab0meat
09-26-2013, 09:07 AM

Actually looks like "PLUSNING", which is even worse.

TNTtoys
09-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Actually looks like "PLUSNING", which is even worse.

Also worth mentioning, it's made from COOL BRSE material.

sportsnbikes
09-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Yes the PLUSNING is what I was referring to. If you look at more pictures of these fake BP jerseys, the numbers are a dead giveaway as well. The real ones have different sized stars in the numbers. They also have rubber-ish MLB logos on the back neck. All the knock-offs I have seen have the stitched neck logo.

BRSE...lol. I missed that one. Spelling on the fakes is always a good way to check them.

sportsnbikes
09-26-2013, 08:00 PM

YES

sportsnbikes
09-26-2013, 08:04 PM
I assume that was the intention. There are a lot of China knockoff autographed jerseys for sale on eBay which makes it hard for people who buy licensed jerseys to compete.

I would bet that 80% and possibly more of the jerseys you see people wearing at the stadiums are fake. Next time you go, start looking at the quality of the MLB neck logo. It is a dead giveaway and easy identifier.

metsbats
09-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I would bet that 80% and possibly more of the jerseys you see people wearing at the stadiums are fake. Next time you go, start looking at the quality of the MLB neck logo. It is a dead giveaway and easy identifier.

That's definitely true. Last time me and Nick were at Citi Field a larger percentage of the fans were sporting knock offs. (he pointed many out)

Phil316
09-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I noticed that at Century Link Field during the Seahawks games. We have season's tickets and pretty much 9 out of every ten you can tell are fake. Lettering is off, numbers are off ect....

I have also seen 3 or 4 different people wearing gamers/issued so far this season. There is one guy 2 rows from my seats who wears a full on uniform during every game including the helmet lol.

sportsnbikes
09-26-2013, 09:54 PM
I noticed that at Century Link Field during the Seahawks games. We have season's tickets and pretty much 9 out of every ten you can tell are fake. Lettering is off, numbers are off ect....

I have also seen 3 or 4 different people wearing gamers/issued so far this season. There is one guy 2 rows from my seats who wears a full on uniform during every game including the helmet lol.

WOW. I've never seen that but I have seen people wear autographed jerseys. Some with MLB holograms.

Phil316
09-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I will try and get a pic in a couple weeks when they play at home again. It is pretty funny.

Anabolicollege17
09-27-2013, 10:59 PM
It also says Cool BRSE lol

sportsnbikes
09-29-2013, 06:12 PM
It also says Cool BRSE lol

Learn how to spell!!