PDA

View Full Version : A great story of a jersey going home

perlman9
09-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Just to let people know who may stumble across this site, I received an email from a wife of a former NFL player (don't want to say name because it will be a gift). She was Googling his name to try and find a photo of him in his playing days in the NFL. In the google search, a photo of a jersey I posted here came up. She followed the link, saw the post, contacted me and is buying the jersey for her husband as a Christmas gift as he never had anything from his playing days. He didn't play long in the NFL and for those that know, I am a huge MSU Spartan alum collector and while this was the only jersey I had of this player, I am excited that the player is getting it back.

Just thought it was a neat story of how this site and our collections are being seen by players, spouses and family members.

metsbats
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Nice story!

JDubbs73
09-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Very cool story, Jason. And kudos to you for helping make it one!

NEFAN
09-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Well done

Wrigley2010
09-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Very cool story!

tom1315
09-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Indeed Jason, great story and nice job on your part!!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

sportscentury
09-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Just to let people know who may stumble across this site, I received an email from a wife of a former NFL player (don't want to say name because it will be a gift). She was Googling his name to try and find a photo of him in his playing days in the NFL. In the google search, a photo of a jersey I posted here came up. She followed the link, saw the post, contacted me and is buying the jersey for her husband as a Christmas gift as he never had anything from his playing days. He didn't play long in the NFL and for those that know, I am a huge MSU Spartan alum collector and while this was the only jersey I had of this player, I am excited that the player is getting it back.

Just thought it was a neat story of how this site and our collections are being seen by players, spouses and family members.

Nice story from a true hobby good guy.

bdeol44
09-27-2013, 07:51 PM
thats really cool!

perlman9
09-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Thanks everyone! Just shows never know who may come across our little community here!