PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing here??

vintagesportscollector
11-27-2006, 10:44 PM
OK. Please check out this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190056436163

I don't quite get it. What am i missing?
If he donated the uniforms to the HOF how could he be selling them? The curator was excited to accept these?? cut the ribbon?? tell my story to the press?? what???

Kudos for him contacting the HOF, who would think of doing that for a common youth jersey worth $5, but he tells the story of youth baseball in the 50s as of he discovered something major - as if the same scene didn't occur in just about evert single town in America during that time.

Nice story, it just suprises me the HOF would be so excited, and what is he is selling if he donated the uni to the HOF. Must be something I am missing from the story/description.

vintagesportscollector
11-27-2006, 11:13 PM
I emailed the seller. He clarified that he is selling one of several uniforms. There were 11 uniforms: 2 went to the HOF, 2 went to the city , and he has 7 left over.

Kind of a nice story. We all get so hung up on high quality or rare or GU items used by hall of famers….and here is a common example of our national pastime and heritage that most muckity muck collectors wouldn’t cross the street to pick out of the gutter…but its worthy of the HOF :) . I like it.!! (although I am still surprised the Hall was so excited to get this rag :D ).

mjkm90
11-28-2006, 07:14 AM
That is pretty cool Joe. I like it to.:)

slidekellyslide
11-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Interesting. I wonder if the Hall is going to be doing a little league exhibit next year.

vintagesportscollector
11-30-2006, 09:21 AM
This seller emailed me...he seems anxious to sell these. Now there is some "interesting" bidding going one. Two newbies who created accounts just yesterday (and one cancelled a bid). ....Oh, and I like the $20 profit he'll make on shipping.

...interesting.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=190056436163