PDA

View Full Version : Diff btwn IPhone 5S camera and digital

onlyalbert
09-26-2013, 04:45 PM
My old digital camera, Cannon SD600 Powershot, is about 6yrs old. Here is a pic of the handle with it and the new Iphone 5S camera. Wow! The difference in detail is amazing and it is so easy to use.

MercyMe78
09-26-2013, 05:16 PM
My old digital camera, Cannon SD600 Powershot, is about 6yrs old. Here is a pic of the handle with it and the new Iphone 5S camera. Wow! The difference in detail is amazing and it is so easy to use.

DSLRs show even more detail ;) but it's crazy how far camera phones have come.. makes things so much easier and convenient and congrats on the new iphone..but i'll always be a galaxy user :)

Wrigley2010
09-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Big difference but I was hoping the rumors that the 5S was going to have a 16MP camera were true.. That would have pushed me into trading in my 4S.

PAC
09-27-2013, 04:41 AM
It's because the first pic you took is out of focus. Look at the candles in the background, they're in focus. The bat knob isn't, so it's blurry.

Operator error...not the camera's fault.

onlyalbert
09-27-2013, 11:24 AM
It's because the first pic you took is out of focus. Look at the candles in the background, they're in focus. The bat knob isn't, so it's blurry.

Operator error...not the camera's fault.

Look at the candles in the second pic. They are blury. Camera is auto focus. Not operator error.

otismalibu
09-27-2013, 01:28 PM
The phone pic is nice and it may be a better camera than the older Canon.
That said, you can do much better with the SD600 than the first pic. If you shoot close, you need to switch to macro. If you shoot in low light/no flash, you may need a tripod.

PAC
09-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Look at the candles in the second pic. They are blury. Camera is auto focus. Not operator error.

Exactly, the candles are blurry in the 2nd pic because it's focused on the bat knob, as intended.

But in the first pic, you focused on the candles NOT the bat knob, that's why the bat knob is blurry.

100% operator error.