PDA

View Full Version : Value assist: Bruins/Marchand photomatched skates

emann
10-01-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm looking at a few items in trade and I have no idea where the value is on this one: a pair of Brad Marchand skates photomatched to the 11/12 season (first full NHL season and a good one, matched to a goal).

Heavy wear, these were obviously used most of the season, Bruins equipment manager LOA... I haven't seen many current Bruins skates for sale and no photomatched ones and I'm probably not planning on keeping these so I'm curious what retail/trade would be.

Umiami338
10-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Can i ask if there from the Bruins sale last year or the one that hasn't happened yet?

emann
10-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Can i ask if there from the Bruins sale last year or the one that hasn't happened yet?

I'd answer you, but I'm honestly not sure I understand the question... How can they be from a sale that hasn't happened yet? They're coming from another collector in trade to me.

Phil316
10-03-2013, 12:35 AM
To answer your question about the value. I don't think they are worth as much as you would expect. I have seen Ovechkin's skates sell for 500.00 as well as Yzerman. I have been collecting hockey game worn stuff for years. I think they are worth in the 300-350 range considering they are photo matched and come with a Bruins COA.

Umiami338
10-03-2013, 06:34 AM
Sorry,
I wasn't sure if maybe you had access to the items before they went on sale.....then i'd try to be your best friend.

I would push the value a little higher on them if the right buyer comes along. I think if being sold around boston you could potentially get $500 on the right deal but maybe around $350 if its trading with another collector.

joe27
10-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Sorry to go off topic but has anyone heard when their sale is going to be this year?

emann
10-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, that's about the ballpark I was guessing also. So, I'm not surprised...

But, what does seem odd to me is that it seems generally hockey game used/worn prices are low on everything (except maybe jerseys), is it the fanbase just doesn't collect like MLB/NFL/NBA fans do? I'd think skates and helmets would be appreciated a little more... I know skates/cleats/sneakers have a limited collector base anyway, but still, they're hard to get. Even sticks from top tier guys don't fetch much in comparison to baseball bats (modern-era comparisons only).

emann
10-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Sorry,
I wasn't sure if maybe you had access to the items before they went on sale.....then i'd try to be your best friend.

No worries, I thought you were asking about my time travel machi... Whoops, I've said too much!

emann
10-03-2013, 12:55 PM
joe27, shoot me an email: grindcrank@gmail.com

commando
10-03-2013, 01:07 PM
I think the baseball equivalent to hockey skates would be a catcher's shin guards. These are tougher to find than other types of baseball equipment, but just don't seem to get much love.

With both the skates and shin guards, I think the more customized they are the better, as more people would be interested.

emann
10-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I think the baseball equivalent to hockey skates would be a catcher's shin guards. These are tougher to find than other types of baseball equipment, but just don't seem to get much love.

With both the skates and shin guards, I think the more customized they are the better, as more people would be interested.

I get what you're saying but I would think skates would be a little higher on the collectiing food chain than shin guards. Without the skates, you're not playing hockey.

I'd compare shin guards more to the hockey pads. For example, I've collected alot of various equipment, but passed on a set of Tim Thomas' shoulder pads since I felt those were a little too obscure. They don't strike me as an iconic piece of game equipment. I think I'd feel the same if I was offered just a catcher's shin guards (as opposed to a full catcher's gear set).

You're right about the customization, that does seem to be the norm with sneakers/cleats in other sports.

Phil316
10-03-2013, 09:49 PM
As a hockey collector i find skates boring as I do hockey helmets. To me the ultimate piece would be goalie masks. I only own a couple of those as they are hard to come by.