PDA

View Full Version : Mark Grace 1992 MLB All-Stars Tour of Japan Jersey

twarman17
10-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I hit the motherload of Mark Grace memorabilia at an estate sale this past weekend that was put on by Grace's former roommate. One of the pieces I bought was a uniform and glove combination. I was hoping that the experts on this forum will have information on these items:

Jersey - This appears to be Grace's 1992 Tour of Japan jersey - can anyone confirm that based on the tags? There are no neck tags on the jersey. My internet research appears to show that Rawlings did the Cubs jerseys for a few years before 1992 and Russell Athletic did the 1992 season. Not sure what Grace would have worn for the Japan tour though. I did not take a picture of the back of the jersey on my phone so I have not uploaded a picture of the back. The back has the number 17 and no name at the top.

Pants - The pants appear to be Sandberg's 1992 Set 1 pants - I included a picture of the tags showing this. Not sure why Grace would have worn those to Japan. Either Grace wore them to Japan or the uniform was mismatched.

Glove - My internet research appears to show this is the model Grace used but I do not know when he used this model. The word "Japan" is on one side - not sure if this is significant. The glove does not show any signs of use.

Also, Grace is going to be signing near my house in November and I was thinking of having him autograph the jersey and add an inscription like "Game used 1992 Japan All Star Tour MVP" if that is accurate. A few questions:

Do you prefer game used items autographed? Where would you recommend having it signed?

Also, the uniform and pants came in plastic wrapping that seems to indicate they were dry-cleaned. The pants were also pinned to the hanger like a dry cleaner would do. It appears the blue strip on the jersey arms may be discolored/faded - possibly from the dry cleaning.

The items I bought included a team photo of the 1992 MLB tour team, and a personal note from Bobby Cox to Grace on Cox's stationary. Hoping the jersey is legit!!!

jbean023
10-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Email me please.

Thanks

ChiGuy1
10-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Please email me as well. Thank you-

Cubman15
10-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Could you email some info on where he is signing? I'm a big Gracie fan! I have a one of a kind drawing of him that I would love to get signed. My email address is gboldman040108@gmail.com Thanks!

helf35
10-09-2013, 08:21 PM
It's at the sun times show @ Rosemont in November.

twarman17
10-09-2013, 08:30 PM
It's at the sun times show @ Rosemont in November.

Yes, that is the show I was referring to.