PDA

View Full Version : Help contacting MLB's authentication services

Wrigley2010
10-13-2013, 07:06 PM
I have been trying for over 6 months now with zero success contacting MLB about items I have not showing in their database. I just bought another jersey and guess what it doesn't show up either. I use the email link on the authentication home page and before my email would go through but I wouldn't get a response now I get a Mailer Daemon stating the account is over quota. These jerseys are not new so it's not due to them not being put in the system yet they just simply never got inputted.

Has anyone had success contacting them in the past few months? If so how did you contact them? I'm sorry to beat a dead horse here as I have asked this before but I'm very frustrated with this. I spend a lot of hard earned money on MLB authenticated stuff and feel ALL these items should be in their database.:mad:

cjw
10-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Perhaps you could try contacting the team store or of the team the items originated from? Even if you didn't by them directly from the team they prob were first offered through the team. I buy a few MLB authenticated items through the Jays store and hey have always been helpful.

HawaiiSportsNut
10-13-2013, 07:27 PM
MLB Authentication is in the service of collecting your hard earned dollar, not in the service of helping their customers. I tried numerous times trying to contact them on a couple of items of theirs. I haven't gotten one reply from them.

Wrigley2010
10-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Perhaps you could try contacting the team store or of the team the items originated from? Even if you didn't by them directly from the team they prob were first offered through the team. I buy a few MLB authenticated items through the Jays store and hey have always been helpful.

I did try that with the Rays and as always they were quick to reply but pointed me in the direction of that same email link. I could try the other teams but I'm sure it would be the same outcome.

MLB Authentication is in the service of collecting your hard earned dollar, not in the service of helping their customers. I tried numerous times trying to contact them on a couple of items of theirs. I haven't gotten one reply from them.

I could not agree with you more. They sell themselves as the gold standard but other than selling you the items they offer you no further service from my experiences.

The way I look at it is like this... If my item isn't listed in their database then I didn't get what I paid for and should be entitled to a refund either partial or whole. I mean how do I know if it's legit? Sure I can read the coding on the wash tag and do my due diligence in those ways but I paid a premium for that little hologram and the piece of mind it is supposed to offer. Instead all I have is a hologram with a number that means nothing without documentation. What if I decide to sell one of these items and a potential buyer asks for the holo number? Do I say trust me it's legit but you can't look it up? Now do I look like a crook to them?? I could go on for hours about this but it wouldn't be anything we haven't heard before in regards to MLB's service.

BU54CB
10-14-2013, 04:07 PM
I did try that with the Rays and as always they were quick to reply but pointed me in the direction of that same email link. I could try the other teams but I'm sure it would be the same outcome.

I could not agree with you more. They sell themselves as the gold standard but other than selling you the items they offer you no further service from my experiences.

The way I look at it is like this... If my item isn't listed in their database then I didn't get what I paid for and should be entitled to a refund either partial or whole. I mean how do I know if it's legit? Sure I can read the coding on the wash tag and do my due diligence in those ways but I paid a premium for that little hologram and the piece of mind it is supposed to offer. Instead all I have is a hologram with a number that means nothing without documentation. What if I decide to sell one of these items and a potential buyer asks for the holo number? Do I say trust me it's legit but you can't look it up? Now do I look like a crook to them?? I could go on for hours about this but it wouldn't be anything we haven't heard before in regards to MLB's service.

I couldn't agree more, how did you pay for the item? If you used a credit card, I'm sure if you started the process of filing for a refund, someone would contact you to solve the problem.
Funny how you get no response using regular avenues to solve a problem, but the minute you want you're money back, suddenly they want to "help."
I did that with NFL Auctions, and it worked.