Kobe rookie home AUTOGRAPHED jersey. DC has already responded that a
"mistake" was made. The originator of the thread goes further to ACCUSE DC
that the autograph is NOT authentic. DC has said, as he has in the past,
that PSA DNA has questioned his Kobe auto's due to the vast quantities
of Kobe auto's that DC has supplied the hobby, thus they (PSA) renders the
Kobe auto's as not genuine.

Mr. Joel Alpert states that he submitted to PSA for a Quick Opinion of the
autograph of the Kobe rook. He then states:

Then I submit the autograph on the back of the jersey to PSA/DNA for a Quick Opinion and it comes back not authentic!

Has Mr.Alpert ever considered that PSA DNA makes mistakes??? Has he ever
read the small print which clearly states:

You should be fully aware that this opinion is NOT GUARANTEED and that
errors are possible.

Mr.Alpert takes a step further and character slams DC's Kobe auto's as
"clubhouse" variety. If one reads his post one would come to conclusion that
DC authenticates non-authentic Kobe autographs...THIS he does imply! which is WRONG. Mr.ALpert ..MISTAKES happen..YOU just MADE one with your assessment.

I've taken upon myself to submit a game worn 1996/97 KOBE rookie road
uniform that is autographed to PSA/DNA for a quick opinion. The warmup is
sourced DIRECTLY from DC sports with DC sports LOA. attached are photos of the piece with autograph, psa/dna reply and evidence. PSA DNA has rendered that the autograph submitted is 'likely not genuine". Mr. ALpert, you can NOW state fully that mistakes happen. please issue DC a posted apology in respect to the Kobe autograph issue.

mickeymbz
10-17-2013, 10:21 PM
some highlight remarks from Joe Alpert in regards to DC and Kobe autographs:
-
As for the autograph experts - They didn't make the statement about the "clubhouse" vartiety - It was made to me by a hobby expert who has worked for a major auction house that said that JSA has turned down many D. C. Sports Kobe autographs over the years with the theory that the autographs, which Dan would claim came from a ballboy were not in Kobe's pen but of the "clubhouse" variety.

None of the autograph authentication companies will make a statement and you know that first hand that they do not get involved making statements about such matters.

-He claims he has multiple sources for Kobe autographs, but he has a line of them that have failed authentication from the most trusted autograph authenticators in the business which leads us to believe Dan's source for Kobe autographs may be of the clubhouse variety of Kobe autographs.

I'd really like an explanation about the counterfeit Kobe autograph that was added to Ryan's jersey also - Witch hunt? Dan admits he charged for the autograph - so why ISN'T IT AUTHENTIC?****

Oh yeah, who is signing Kobe's signature also? It is not Kobe Bryant on this rookie jersey in discussion - I'll guarantee you that.

The autograph, which I have asked if Dan has Kobe's cell phone number to call him when someone sends in a jersey that he is able to obtain in less than a 40 day window, has been called out as not being authentic and he doesn't respond to this question.

The autograph, which I have asked if Dan has Kobe's cell phone number to call him when someone sends in a jersey that he is able to obtain in less than a 40 day window, has been called out as not being authentic and he doesn't respond to this question.

**Did you personally witness Kobe autograph this jersey?**
answer: yes he did ,,he took this pic of kobe signing

How does Dan have access to Kobe that he can get his autograph upon request? I have been told this isn't the first time a major authenticator has not passed a Kobe autograph linked to Dan.
ANSWER: NONE OF your business ,,do you ask all dealers of there suppliers.?

trsent
10-17-2013, 10:54 PM
MODERATORS - Why is there a new thread opened about this discussion? Mick Wong was warned to follow forum rules and new discussion does not need to be opened.

Mick, thanks for understanding that I should be address as "Mr. Alpert". My insight deserves that respect. My name is Joel Alpert, never have I gone by "Joe". My grandmother calls me "Joey" and she's 97 and I'm so happy she is still alive that she can call me whatever she wants.

mickeymbz
10-17-2013, 11:01 PM
this does follow forum rules... it clearly illustrates what was put out there and what clearly was a mistake. moderators,, do not delete this.. this clearly demonstrates that DC offers authentic autographs.. and psa dna does makes mistake.. joel alpert did strengthen his argument that DC supplys bogus auto's based on the QuickOpinion. This post simply reveals that the Quick Opinion process is no strong defense in the public cruxification of a respected member. Moderators delete what you seem as an attack.. but leave all to see what is pertinent. Joel Alpert is the one who laid the Quick Opinion argument out there... this thread proves it is in fact wrong. If Joel Alpert feels that a new thread is out of line.. this can be moved to the previous thread.
thank you Mods

mickeymbz
10-17-2013, 11:04 PM
MODERATORS - Why is there a new thread opened about this discussion? Mick Wong was warned to follow forum rules and new discussion does not need to be opened.

Mick, thanks for understanding that I should be address as "Mr. Alpert". My insight deserves that respect. My name is Joel Alpert, never have I gone by "Joe". My grandmother calls me "Joey" and she's 97 and I'm so happy she is still alive that she can call me whatever she wants.

Is referring to one as 'mister" offensive??? its a courtesy nomenclature. you feel you can call people by first and last name, in a condescending manner.. and you feel MR outta line.. really??

mickeymbz
10-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Mods.. if you feel this is a violation of forums,, move these posts over to previous thread. if starting a new thread is in violation I was not aware of this.. if its a violation.. noted
thanks Mr.Mick

mickeymbz
10-17-2013, 11:34 PM
mods ..again my apologies,, i'm moving pertinent posts from this thread over to the other.

ChrisCavalier
10-17-2013, 11:48 PM
This thread is also being closed for the same reason we closed the related thread in this same section. As per my post on the other thread, if anyone has relevant information for the community they would like to share, please contact us and we will be happy to post the information if it is both germane and substantiated.

Thank You,
Chris