Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soonerfan65
    • Dec 2005

Value of Pujols game used bat

Hey need some help on the value of a Pujols game used bat; I got it from a Heroes of Sport All Sport redemption and it comes with a PSA/DNA authentication letter. The letter states the following: Manufacturer: Tuff Bats (X) Model Number 24 Labeling Period 2003 Length 34 inches Weight 33.6 ounces Wood Maple Finish Standard
    Details: uncracked, excellent use, Player number 5 on the knob and top barrel. The PSA/DNA authentication number is 1B05063. Thanks. john
  • Soonerfan65
    • Dec 2005

Re: Value of Pujols game used bat

Oh boy after doing a quick search on here i'm afraid that the bat is not legit because It has the Dominican flag on the handle; info came from Birdbats so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would sure appreciate it. Thanks. John

Comment

• spartanservitto
      • May 2010

Likely a store model. Sorry for the bad news.

You're likely going to spend anywhere from 1800-3500. Depending on provenance and characteristics.

This is my newest one which is MLB authenticated and photo matched to a home run , probably two of the more expensive traits.
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
      My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
      My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• Soonerfan65
        • Dec 2005

Ok thanks for the info.

Comment

• rj_lucas
          • Apr 2009

From the website of Albert's charitable organization (see page 3):

The Pujols Family Foundation is a national not-for-profit agency that exists to honor God and strengthen families through our works, deeds and examples. Since beginning this foundation in 2005, we have sought to help those living with Down syndrome here at home and to improve the lives of the impoverished in the Dominican Republic.

There has been discussion in the past about PSA authenticated Pujols bats on this forum.

As the poster stated, his bat was authenticated by PSA. The results from the PSA database are shown below.

Review the results, then read the information from Albert's own website, and draw your own conclusions. An unfortunate situation for the poster, but hopefully others can learn from it.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Soonerfan65
            • Dec 2005

Can anyone link me to the discussion on the psa pujols bat discussion? Thsnks i will post pics tonight

Comment

• Soonerfan65
              • Dec 2005

Click image for larger version

Name:	Albert.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	693361Here is the only pic I have at the moment; when I find my camera I will take better pics. There is red paint at the end of the barrel like there should be; cleat marks at various spots; very little pine tar but there is some there; blue transfer marks at various spots; the number 5 is written on both the bat knob and the barrel. I talked to John Taube tonight and he stands by his opinion that its real and he also told me he had never heard that the bats with the Dominican flags were not gamers and were just retail models. Thanks. John

Comment

• spartanservitto
                • May 2010

Ehhh , I' don't know.
                sigpic
                Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• Soonerfan65
                  • Dec 2005

Anyone feel free to chime in?

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                    • Sep 2009

I'm not sure as to whether Pujols used an x bat with the Dominican flag, but other players did use the bats with flags on them....
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hoosier39
                      • Jul 2013

If a bat is retail because of the flag, then I need to get rid of about five of my gamers.

Comment

• PAC
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2012

lol cleat marks and blue ink transfers do not mean it's authentic

anyone can hit a ball and bang on some cleats in their backyard

Pujols' people say he never used the bats with flags, so it's fake

Comment

• Soonerfan65
                          • Dec 2005

So can u point me to where Pujols people say he never used an x-bat with the flag on it? All i have seen is to be wary not that he never used one. Thanks

Comment

• Misha
                            • Apr 2013

From Sports Collector's Digest:

Game-used Bats

“X” Bats with Dominican Flag and Mizuno Bats: To put two of the biggest game-used Pujols bat myths to rest immediately, Todd Perry (executive director of the Pujols Family Foundation) has confirmed that Albert Pujols has never used a Mizuno bat or a “X” bat with the Dominican Flag above the handle in a major league game. According to Perry, “Albert said he did receive a batch of X bats with the Dominican Flag, but the entire unused batch was given to Mike Matheny” (presumably to auction for his Catch-22 Foundation). Only one photo of Pujols holding a Mizuno bat has been found, and it was a black model without his name on the barrel (before he broke in with the Cardinals in 2001).

- See more at: http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.co....tVCg27B4.dpuf

Comment

• Soonerfan65
                              • Dec 2005

Thank u thats exactly what i wanted to see. John

Comment

Working...