PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts On Ken Goldin

DoctorLoomis
10-21-2013, 04:33 PM
After dealing with a situation with Mr. Goldin I can say that he's a man of integrity and honesty. I won't mention the details of the situation as they do not matter. The bottom line is he proved to me he is forthright and tries to do the right thing. I will do business with him in the future.

trsent
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
After dealing with a situation with Mr. Goldin I can say that he's a man of integrity and honesty. I won't mention the details of the situation as they do not matter. The bottom line is he proved to me he is forthright and tries to do the right thing. I will do business with him in the future.

You are 100% correct. There are few in this industry who will stand behind their products and take the time to consider all aspects of a situation than Ken Goldin. I can tell you when it comes to Ken if there is doubt he will do what's best for the industry. I get the impression Goldin Auctions is in this for the long haul and they will listen to the community to make sure they are providing the best merchandise available.

tom1315
10-21-2013, 06:09 PM
I agree with both postings. In his first auction he had a Ravens GU helmet which really caught my eye. He quickly answered my questions and shared more details about the helmet. After more research on my side it could not be the same helmet for that player, that season and he promptly pulled it.

Class act and a fine addition to the auction options we each have. I always look forward to his grouping of items.

Keep it up Ken!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

PwKw13
10-21-2013, 07:44 PM
I totally agree with the sentiments expressed. My experience is that Ken will go above and beyond the call in order to do the right thing. Furthermore, I have had contact with a number of people at Goldin Auctions, and all have been top-notch, professional and very responsive. The kudos are well-deserved.

sox83cubs84
10-21-2013, 10:24 PM
I worked with Ken on his current auction, and he is a straight shooter who I had pleasure working with. His whole staff is also top-notch. If Ken has work for me in the future, I'll jump at the chance to take it.

Dave Miedema

bdeol44
10-22-2013, 01:27 AM
Purchased a Griffey Jr mariners gamer, Ken's last auctio....he was always available to contact and research any of my questions. Most comfortable doing business with him.

joelsabi
10-22-2013, 04:35 AM
to have read a recent thread on a Kobe Bryant jersey and then applying the problem of the boilerplate COA to some current items in his auction shows a lot to me. Ken is willing to act quickly to do the right thing and pull auction items in order to prevent possible problems.

ChrisCavalier
10-22-2013, 02:42 PM
I totally agree with the sentiments expressed. My experience is that Ken will go above and beyond the call in order to do the right thing. Furthermore, I have had contact with a number of people at Goldin Auctions, and all have been top-notch, professional and very responsive. The kudos are well-deserved.
I think it is appropriate to echo this post. As I have said before, there are not many people I would work for and Ken is one of them. Most important to me is what has already been mentioned here in terms of his unquestionable commitment to trying to do the right thing. In fact, though I had heard of Ken previously, when Ken first reached out to me around the end of Goldin's first auction I spent a few months in serious conversations with him and researching everything I could about him. My conclusion was what everyone here seems to be stating in terms of his integrity and passion to do what is best for the industry.

In addition, I have also had the privilege to meet many of the others with Goldin Auctions and I agree that all seem to be committed to the same ethic. It excites me tremendously to not only see how far Goldin Auctions has come in such a short period of time but also where we are likely headed in the future. I honestly believe the example Ken is setting in terms of work ethic and commitment is helping make each of us better as we strive to be the best auction house possible.

-Chris

dougiedshow
10-26-2013, 07:41 PM
I've known Ken for around 12 years. So, I was very excited to find out he was starting an auction house. I've already consigned about 50 items in his first 4 auctions. Considering I've never previously consigned to any of the major auction houses, that should speak to the trust and confidence I have in him. Ken has been very easy to contact for questions and opinions. Heck, Ken has even reached out to some of us for opinions on his auction house. That shows he cares about the hobby and is continually looking to learn and improve. Best of all, he gets really good prices for my items. I look forward to a continued relationship with Goldin Auctions.

Doug