PDA

View Full Version : Don Drysdale Flannel

CTjerseys1964
10-22-2013, 02:10 PM
:( Was disappointed that this jersey did not pass MEARS. Another forum member was interested and kind enough to pay for the jersey to be overnited. I am wondering if anyone here knows what the jersey may actually be? And if so what value it may have...thanks!

Hoosier39
10-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Wasn't this jersey brought up before like a month or so ago, maybe on Net54?

sox83cubs84
10-22-2013, 09:31 PM
:( Was disappointed that this jersey did not pass MEARS. Another forum member was interested and kind enough to pay for the jersey to be overnited. I am wondering if anyone here knows what the jersey may actually be? And if so what value it may have...thanks!

Did MEARS say just what caused them to reject the jersey?

Dave Miedema

CTjerseys1964
10-23-2013, 06:17 AM
No....the individual that submitted it stated that there was no reason given as it was submitted for auction review and did not pass..there was no reason given....I had sent you pictures about a month ago and was going to send to you personally for your inspection as you had emailed me that it was worth taking a look....should I still send it to you?

CTjerseys1964
10-23-2013, 12:04 PM
:) Any input from any Dodgers experts as to what this is? And why it would have been rejected by MEARS? Any help is greatly appreciated!

trsent
10-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Scott, why don't you submit the jersey to MEARS for a full evaluation?

CTjerseys1964
10-23-2013, 01:44 PM
I guess I could do that......but since it was rejected I wanted to know if it was just rejected for game use...is it still a team issued jersey? OR a salesman's sample jersey? And if so what is it worth?

sox83cubs84
10-23-2013, 09:40 PM
No....the individual that submitted it stated that there was no reason given as it was submitted for auction review and did not pass..there was no reason given....I had sent you pictures about a month ago and was going to send to you personally for your inspection as you had emailed me that it was worth taking a look....should I still send it to you?

Yeah...email me privately for particulars.

Dave Miedema
sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

trsent
10-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Maybe it will mysteriously become better than the fact that MEARS rejected it as a game used or salesmen's sample now? Save your time, the jersey isn't either and yes I know because I paid to have Scott mail it to MEARS for inspection to determine if it would pass and it didn't.

Nothing more to it as the jersey isn't going to become anything more than a nice replica.

Hoosier39
10-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Maybe it will mysteriously become better than the fact that MEARS rejected it as a game used or salesmen's sample now? Save your time, the jersey isn't either and yes I know because I paid to have Scott mail it to MEARS for inspection to determine if it would pass and it didn't.

Nothing more to it as the jersey isn't going to become anything more than a nice replica.

How long ago was this? Sometime this month or a while back?

trsent
10-24-2013, 01:27 PM
How long ago was this? Sometime this month or a while back?

Like this week!

Hoosier39
10-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Like this week!

The reason I ask is because this jersey was brought up in Aug:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174539&highlight=Drysdale

At that time, 2 posters brought up red flags. Were you expecting something different 2 months later?

trsent
10-25-2013, 02:06 AM
The reason I ask is because this jersey was brought up in Aug:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=174539&highlight=Drysdale

At that time, 2 posters brought up red flags. Were you expecting something different 2 months later?

I saw that discussion though I am not a member of that forum but the findings there were speculation based on past auctions. From the pictures this jersey had a chance to be authentic but upon in person inspection it isn't game used or issued or even a salesman sample.

The tagging and manufacture were somewhat correct. Not every example seen sold online may be authentic.