PDA

View Full Version : My Experience With Alex Rodriguez

3arod13
10-25-2013, 10:39 AM
As a guest of Alex Rodriguez, my wife and I attended four games in Baltimore, 9-12 September 2013, to see the Yankees play. We were given Yankee Player Guest tickets and sat in the section for visiting players guests. Following the game, I bought the MLB Authenticated ball, from Andrew Lang's Store at the ballpark, in which Arod hit an RBI-Double in the Top 3rd inning of game 2 (9-10-13) of the 4 game series. I just got the ball back from Arod, which he signed "Alex Rodriguez, Top 3rd RBI Double, 9-10-13." In addition, he signed all eight tickets from the game for me and my wife. A great experience I will never forget. Not many fans get this close to their favorite player!

Many may not like Arod, but there is a side of him that many don't know about or see!

A big fan and always will be!!!

yankees506
10-25-2013, 11:10 AM
I truly enjoyed seeing this, really awesome and something any of us would wish to get to experience with one of our favorite players! Thanks for sharing! -carmelo

marino13
10-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Most just hate Alex because he decided to play for the Yankees! And once they hate the Yankees -- it is just hate from there!

As for my experience with Alex --- he has signed more than enough gamers/tickets (mostly 500th and 600th HR)/game used baseballs (from 500th and 600th chase).

And no, I am not about to post pictures since they are in the plastic containers somewhere in the basement! :D

nevrdiez34
10-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Most just hate Alex because he decided to play for the Yankees! And once they hate the Yankees -- it is just hate from there!

As for my experience with Alex --- he has signed more than enough gamers/tickets (mostly 500th and 600th HR)/game used baseballs (from 500th and 600th chase).

And no, I am not about to post pictures since they are in the plastic containers somewhere in the basement! :D

No, I'm pretty sure most hate Alex because of Alex. His personality, lies, and Oh, that little chronic cheating thing.

yankees506
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Can we for once as collectors keep a thread positive? someone always has something negative to say. I have no idea how Tony ever wants to post anything arod related as it always turns into an arod hate fest. Love him or hate him we have all enjoyed rooting for and against him point blank. Everything has been said, please can we just let Tony enjoy sharing his experience with us.

nevrdiez34
10-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Can we for once as collectors keep a thread positive? someone always has something negative to say. I have no idea how Tony ever wants to post anything arod related as it always turns into an arod hate fest. Love him or hate him we have all enjoyed rooting for and against him point blank. Everything has been said, please can we just let Tony enjoy sharing his experience with us.

You're right, my bad. I don't hate him either, I just saw Marino write that the reason most people hate A-Rod is because he plays for the Yankees, and that's not true at all. I too enjoyed reading Tony's story and sorry for getting off topic.

esquiresports
10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
That what very nice of him to take the time - especially to add inscriptions. How do you end up being a guest of his at the game? Not many people I know (well, maybe no one I know) has been a guest of a player, let alone a big name player. If I had that kind of experience with my favorite player, it would definitely make my year!

Anabolicollege17
10-25-2013, 01:25 PM
As a guest of Alex Rodriguez, my wife and I attended four games in Baltimore, 9-12 September 2013, to see the Yankees play. We were given Yankee Player Guest tickets and sat in the section for visiting players guests. Following the game, I bought the MLB Authenticated ball, from Andrew Lang's Store at the ballpark, in which Arod hit an RBI-Double in the Top 3rd inning of game 2 (9-10-13) of the 4 game series. I just got the ball back from Arod, which he signed "Alex Rodriguez, Top 3rd RBI Double, 9-10-13." In addition, he signed all eight tickets from the game for me and my wife. A great experience I will never forget. Not many fans get this close to their favorite player!

Many may not like Arod, but there is a side of him that many don't know about or see!

thats awesome. please tell me you heard the Mike Francesa interview today. Wow that was funny

Takuleechch
10-25-2013, 01:50 PM
A ball and some tickets? You couldn't have got something cooler?

3arod13
10-25-2013, 01:55 PM

Thanks! This should apply for all post made by anyone.

3arod13
10-25-2013, 01:58 PM

Sure...a jersey...a bat...would be nice also. This is a ball that Arod hit an RBI double in a game I attended, as his guest. This is pretty cool to me, and will be displayed nicely with my other Arod stuff.

3arod13
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM

Well, Arod did give me this!

3arod13
10-25-2013, 02:11 PM
thats awesome. please tell me you heard the Mike Francesa interview today. Wow that was funny

Just listened to it, thanks!

3arod13
10-25-2013, 02:13 PM
That what very nice of him to take the time - especially to add inscriptions. How do you end up being a guest of his at the game? Not many people I know (well, maybe no one I know) has been a guest of a player, let alone a big name player. If I had that kind of experience with my favorite player, it would definitely make my year!

I bought a bat that had issues with it. Was able to get word to Arod about it; got it corrected and then some; and my wife and I were invited as guests to the game. We're only a few hours from Baltimore.

yankees506
10-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I remember when you first got that bat from arod, as a player collector myself i think a signed and inscribed world series bat with letter thanking me for being such a supportive fan is the holy grail!

Phil316
10-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Personally I am not a huge fan of Alex.

There is no doubt he is a household name and for him to take time to hook you up with all he is going through is pretty cool.

Congrats on the pick-ups as it is always a treat when your favorite comes through. :)

r_phelps
10-25-2013, 06:18 PM
I still like A Rod as a baseball player. Very cool stuff!

metsbats
10-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Awesome Tony! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Takuleechch
10-25-2013, 10:55 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but it's something i am conscious about when I meet people I admire but....
Was he weirded out at all? Like did he know you collect his stuff, that your avatar is his face and your username his name?
That's a question for everyone. Has anyone you met ever thought you were weird for hoarding their items? Lol. I've met some people but haven't told them stuff so they didn't think I was a weirdo haha

gingi79
10-25-2013, 11:09 PM
As a player collector, I am amazingly jealous. The thought my favorite guys would a) Know I collected them b) Cared enough to assist C) sent me tickets to see them? That is the dream, no? Validation and appreciation from the authority.

3arod13
10-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but it's something i am conscious about when I meet people I admire but....
Was he weirded out at all? Like did he know you collect his stuff, that your avatar is his face and your username his name?
That's a question for everyone. Has anyone you met ever thought you were weird for hoarding their items? Lol. I've met some people but haven't told them stuff so they didn't think I was a weirdo haha

That's a good question. Answer is, no! Players know they have fans, and some are more hardcore than others. My interaction with Arod was strictly to correct an issue, which he did and then some. I really don't have a lot of stuff. I mainly try to collect rare stuff. His 1st Career Grand Slam Bat; 2009 Hammered Game Used Bat; Game used ball from a game I attended; and a few other items.

I used to be a big Juan Gonzalez fan and collector and when I contacted him, he thought it was awesome. Send me a personal letter, and authenticated some of his items. Most rare was a game used glove of his, which I regret selling to this day (to a GUU member, so when you sell it, let me know); but I needed the cash for Arod stuff.

One thing that I think made a difference that might have bugged him is, I never asked for anything. I wanted to only get what I needed corrected. If I did, I think that would have been a big turnoff for him. I stayed respectful and appreciative for all he did, and I think that made a difference.

joelsabi
10-26-2013, 11:24 AM

Hi Tony,

nice items. perhaps the photo of you and andrew, the baseball, and the tickets can go into one nice shadow box display. thanks for sharing.

Regards

Joel

3arod13
10-26-2013, 11:24 AM
As a player collector, I am amazingly jealous. The thought my favorite guys would a) Know I collected them b) Cared enough to assist C) sent me tickets to see them? That is the dream, no? Validation and appreciation from the authority.

Yes, it's a huge high! To get as close to Arod as I was able, doesn't happen often. There were a couple people close to him that help make this happen, and it's an experience I will never forget. As we all like to look at our stuff/collections, I'm able to look at a few pieces and know that I got them directly from Arod. Now that is awesome!

Appreciate all the comments! If not for finding this website years ago, and all of you and those in the past who have educated me, none of this would have ever happened.

I'm grateful to everyone past and present associated with GUU!

3arod13
10-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi Tony,

nice items. perhaps the photo of you and andrew, the baseball, and the tickets can go into one nice shadow box display. thanks for sharing.

Regards

Joel

Joel,

Exactly what I'm going to do. I also got shots of Arod at the plate, hitting the bat, and then of him on second, while Stewart is sliding across home plate. To attend a game, and have the actual ball Arod hit the RBI-Double, then have him sign it and inscribe it, is really nice. Do appreciate Andrew Lang holding the ball for me! Again, if not for a GUU member, this wouldn't have happened!