Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sportsnbikes
    • Sep 2012

I think I've created a monster part 2

In June I wrote about my son Elijah getting a bat from Jeff Francouer. Well maybe these players just like this little guy because at the Chiefs game today after warm-ups, Tyler Bray gave my son his QB towel. I thought that was cool and those towels are neat. It would've been a cool souvenir by itself. But then something cooler happened. I have been to a few games this year and Dwayne Bowe always jumps up to the stands with fans to celebrate after the game. I timed it so we could be there to celebrate with him. I picked my son up so he could see and maybe get a high five. D-Bowe had other ideas. He grabbed my son, pulled him onto the rail with him, took off his game gloves and gave them to my son. Then, he took off his under helmet cap and put it on my son's head. After that, he posed for pictures to all the press people on the field with Elijah right by his side. The kid was BEAMING but was so star struck that I don't think he knew what to say or do. I can't wait to see the Getty images

Any way it was another very special memory in KC.
    Attached Files
  • nevrdiez34
    • Feb 2010

Re: I think I've created a monster part 2

Awesome story!! Would you mind if I borrowed Elijah for a few games next year? I'd like some game used items directly from the source myself!
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Comment

• sportsnbikes
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by nevrdiez34
      Awesome story!! Would you mind if I borrowed Elijah for a few games next year? I'd like some game used items directly from the source myself!

LOL. That'd be fine but you'd have to fight him for the items! LOL. He loves it. Lucky little SH.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
        • Sep 2012

And here's a style match for the Lil guy. This pic is from last week's game.
        Attached Files

Comment

• MLB~NUT
          • Feb 2011

Ha, Very Cool... Thats a Lucky little man, congrats to him!

Comment

• Phil316
            • May 2013

Creating some awesome memories right there. Very cool. This story made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• PAC
              Banned
              • Jan 2012

That's awesome. Love it.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                • Sep 2012

It brought tears of joy to see that smile on his face; literally.

But then again, I'm a baby. I cry when when someone wins the world series.

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                  Paid Users
                  • Jan 1970

Originally posted by nevrdiez34
                  Actually, have you thought of renting him out? Might bring you some good supplemental income

On a serious note, what a wonderful experience for your son. I also have to say it was pretty cool for Bowe to do that as well. Maybe they are trying to be more fan friendly because the Chiefs are having such a lousy season
                  Christopher Cavalier
                  Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• gaytorhater703
                    • Jan 2010

Nice to see former Tigers repping LSU well!!!!!
                    WTB or Trade for LSU GU Jerseys and other LSU GU items email me at gaytorhater703@gmail.com

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                      • Apr 2007

That's awesome! I have thought about how humbling it would/should be for a player to see a kid wearing his jersey, glad he recognized a fan when he saw one!

Comment

• Anabolicollege17
                        Banned
                        • May 2013

Good looking kid thats why. Kid looks like the next Tom Brady

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Anabolicollege17
                          Good looking kid thats why. Kid looks like the next Tom Brady
                          LOL. Thanks. He does throw the ball pretty well.

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
                            That's awesome! I have thought about how humbling it would/should be for a player to see a kid wearing his jersey, glad he recognized a fan when he saw one!
                            I think that's probably what did it. Good thing he didn't know the replica jersey was on sale at TJ Maxx for 9.99. LOL. Who doesn't like a great deal??

Comment

• sportsnbikes
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
                              Actually, have you thought of renting him out? Might bring you some good supplemental income

On a serious note, what a wonderful experience for your son. I also have to say it was pretty cool for Bowe to do that as well. Maybe they are trying to be more fan friendly because the Chiefs are having such a lousy season
                              LOL. Hopefully they can get the O going and really put the hammer down. Yes agreed great experience, cool dad point and some cool souvenirs.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to get them displayed for him. I was thinking it would be cool if when Bowe signed somewhere here in KC and my son was here for a visit that we could go get them signed. I'm also hoping that some pics are posted to getty. Some from the front view. I'm just not sure if the autograph would look good. One side is a rubbery type material. I am not sure of the top half. The kid would barely let me touch them. LOL. He took them to his moms so I can't check them now. Some gloves I've seen, the autograph bleeds or fades.

Does anyone with experience on game used football gloves have any advice? Should the boy and I pursue an autograph before I get them framed for him?

Comment

Working...