PDA

View Full Version : Romo gamer on NFL Auctions

42itus
11-02-2013, 04:33 AM
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=78947

Auction states that it was used in the Broncos game, but the grass stains on the nameplate clearly matches it to the 10/20/13 Eagles game. So is this a case of caveat emptor? I would think a 500 yd 5TD game is a skosh more desirable than what he did against the Eagles.

Anybody have experience with NFL Auctions on trying to return a misrepresented item? Obviously, You should research it before dropping that kind of coin anyway, but I wonder how incorrect provenance from the NFL will affect the value.

slats7
11-02-2013, 01:45 PM
yep, definitely the Philly game

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4347/9of6.jpg

jbean023
11-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Any chance it was worn in both? That would be my guess without looking at the auction.

42itus
11-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Any chance it was worn in both? That would be my guess without looking at the auction.

Geez... I didn't even think of that. I'm sure you're right. That's funny how I do that at work sometimes. I over analyze something when the answer is right in front of my eyes.

jbean023
11-02-2013, 02:41 PM
A lot of the BCA jerseys and the HOF patch jerseys last year are worn for the entire month.

42itus
11-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Makes sense. Good info to have. Thanks.

ivo610
11-02-2013, 05:00 PM
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=78947

Auction states that it was used in the Broncos game, but the grass stains on the nameplate clearly matches it to the 10/20/13 Eagles game. So is this a case of caveat emptor? I would think a 500 yd 5TD game is a skosh more desirable than what he did against the Eagles.

Anybody have experience with NFL Auctions on trying to return a misrepresented item? Obviously, You should research it before dropping that kind of coin anyway, but I wonder how incorrect provenance from the NFL will affect the value.

I once had an issue with nfl auctions. At first it was "nothing we can do", but I pushed it and they fixed it.

I have a HOF patch jersey from nfl auctions that had a few repairs so they have been known to be worn in several games.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-03-2013, 05:55 PM
In my opinion, the location of the Captain's patch doesn't match the Denver game either...
I think it was described incorrectly and it is the Jersey from the Philly game only... :mad:

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-03-2013, 06:36 PM
pic one is from Denver game... (no grass stain on name plate)
pic 2 is from Philly game... (grass stain is perfect match)

Denver game- NO loose thread under "9"...
Philly game- Has loose thread under "9"...

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-03-2013, 06:41 PM
And the brown "poop" stain on the rear of the jersey beneath the "9" in the pic from the Denver game does not appear to be on the jersey in the listing either...

:eek:

yanks12025
11-03-2013, 07:26 PM
And the brown "poop" stain on the rear of the jersey beneath the "9" in the pic from the Denver game does not appear to be on the jersey in the listing either...

:eek:

Visual,

First I'd think they'd clean the jersey between games. Second the Philly game was after the Denver game, so why would the grass stain be on the jersey. Same thing with the thread on the 9, could have happened during the Philly game and not the Denver game.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Visual,

First I'd think they'd clean the jersey between games. Second the Philly game was after the Denver game, so why would the grass stain be on the jersey. Same thing with the thread on the 9, could have happened during the Philly game and not the Denver game.

YES, but the thread is there on the jersey in the listing and NOT on the Denver game...
So did the thread appear in the Philly game, disappear for the Denver game, then reappear again when they took the pic for the auction listing after both games???

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-03-2013, 08:45 PM
YES, but the thread is there on the jersey in the listing and NOT on the Denver game...
So did the thread appear in the Philly game, disappear for the Denver game, then reappear again when they took the pic for the auction listing after both games???
My bad... the site I was on had the dates confused... which confused my whole theory here. lol
Sorry...

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Can we at least agree that the Captains patch is higher (from the seam) from the Denver game and the brown mark is too far to the right as well from the one on the listing?!?!

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Patch Placement...

Anabolicollege17
11-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Very nice find Visual. That jersey is 100% not the Denver game jersey. Some times NFL auctions takes pictures of the wrong jersey. The Bronco jersey could very well still be the one that you receive, and they could have taken pics of the wrong jersey. I have had this happen to me. It wasn't an expensive item by any means so I didn't notice until after I got it, that the jersey in the pics on the auction site was different then the jersey I got. Overall the jersey I got was correct. Contact them asap if you are a player on the jersey and they will fix everything for you.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Very nice find Visual. That jersey is 100% not the Denver game jersey. Some times NFL auctions takes pictures of the wrong jersey. The Bronco jersey could very well still be the one that you receive, and they could have taken pics of the wrong jersey. I have had this happen to me. It wasn't an expensive item by any means so I didn't notice until after I got it, that the jersey in the pics on the auction site was different then the jersey I got. Overall the jersey I got was correct. Contact them asap if you are a player on the jersey and they will fix everything for you.

Thanks alot but I'm not going after this jersey. My goal was just to try to prevent someone from paying a RECORD BREAKING GAME jersey price for just a regular season game jersey...
That was all...

Thanks again.

yanks12025
11-04-2013, 04:55 AM
I don't see where the difference in the patch location is? Looks the same to me.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I don't see where the difference in the patch location is? Looks the same to me.

REALLY?!?!?! You don't see that it is obviously higher in the game photo than the one in the listing?????????

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-04-2013, 01:18 PM

In the game photo, The seam runs UNDER the Captain's patch... On the jersey in the listing picture, The seam runs straight through the patch... not under...

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-04-2013, 01:28 PM

left pic... Philly game- Seam is THROUGH the patch...
middle pic- auction photo of jersey- Seam is THROUGH the patch
Right pic- Denver game- Seam is UNDER the patch...

I can't make any more simpler for you...

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Denver Game... Seam Runs "under" The "c" Patch...

Mattfedo01
11-04-2013, 02:10 PM
A little off topic but same concern, the Lesean McCoy game used jersey is also listed wrong I believe. It says it was worn during the Nov. 11 game against the Cowboys but the Eagles wore Green Jerseys not White. Thinking it was the jersey he wore during the Redskins game, not sure though.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
A little off topic but same concern, the Lesean McCoy game used jersey is also listed wrong I believe. It says it was worn during the Nov. 11 game against the Cowboys but the Eagles wore Green Jerseys not White. Thinking it was the jersey he wore during the Redskins game, not sure though.

NEW ORLEANS

slats7
11-04-2013, 02:58 PM
BTW, would it kill the NFL to provide high-res pics of the jerseys they're auctioning? Ebay sellers do a better job for God's sake.

happyyoungster
11-04-2013, 04:29 PM
BTW, would it kill the NFL to provide high-res pics of the jerseys they're auctioning? Ebay sellers do a better job for God's sake.

+1

42itus
11-04-2013, 11:53 PM
You guys are great. Not that I would pay that much for ant Romo gamer, but still a wealth of helpful information.

hfd0035
11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
For what its worth, I have the 2012 Romo BCA and it was worn the whole month they wore white.

I also HAD, at one point the 2012 BCA Witten which was photomatched to games early in the season with a different patch. The only reason Witten wore 2 BCA jerseys was due to the fact the he switched to a smaller size beginning with the last game in October.

hfd0035
11-05-2013, 06:35 PM
I forgot to add that the Witten jersey I bought on NFL Auctions last year was also dated to the wrong game. I was also offered a refund but I kept it at the time

42itus
11-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Looks like NFL auctions changed it to the Iggles game. Still too rich for my blood.