PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Store Model Bat expert needed!!

jboosted92
11-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Im looking for someone who knows Louisville Store model bats like the back of there hand... and who has seen every model ..bla...bla

are you out there?

mjkm90
11-30-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm not a complete bat freek, but I'll take a whack at your question. No, I don't play D&D or live in my moms basement. I've been in my aunties basement since I became a big boy last year at 40.

MGHProductions
11-30-2006, 06:05 PM
I've seen alot and I'll help you if I can. Feel free to email me at Bub13@aol.com if you want.
Matt

mjkm90
11-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Hi Matt, Do you have any figurals for sale these days?

MGHProductions
11-30-2006, 09:25 PM
No figurals for sale... I'll let you know if I get any. :)

jboosted92
12-03-2006, 10:45 PM
ALL

As you may or may not know, Louisville introduced there Kork Grip bats in 1914 (patented) from catalogs and bats with inch marks, we know for sure they were offered as store models in the 1920s...

However, there have been some RARE discoverys of 1914-1916 Kork Grips Sig Model. ALL without inch marks and hand turned

im trying to prove a theory that the early 40K sig. model Kork Grips might have ONLY been availabe to players... due to the fact I have never seen or come across a store model Sig. model version during that era..

have you guys?

MGHProductions
12-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I've never seen one from that era with inch marks. Do I think that they were only made for professional use, no. Alot of the early store model bats lack inch marks on the knob when you start to really look at them. I also have one from that era without inch marks, that I was told wasn't hand turned, hence its not a gamer.

40k's are tough bats to figure. I think more information will come out on them in the future, but with the lack of early shipping records and photographic evidence that currently is known, it will always keep them far from the value of 125 game bats. They're great bats anyway, regardless of if they are pro model or not.

jboosted92
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I've never seen one from that era with inch marks. Do I think that they were only made for professional use, no. Alot of the early store model bats lack inch marks on the knob when you start to really look at them. I also have one from that era without inch marks, that I was told wasn't hand turned, hence its not a gamer.

40k's are tough bats to figure. I think more information will come out on them in the future, but with the lack of early shipping records and photographic evidence that currently is known, it will always keep them far from the value of 125 game bats. They're great bats anyway, regardless of if they are pro model or not.

Send me a pic of that bat deemed "not hand turned" would love to see it.. llpn151@aol.com