PDA

View Full Version : Item not coming with said paperwork

Takuleechch
11-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I won at item at an auction house that said it came with JSA Authentication
I got a letter in the mail and it came with a photocopy of a document that said I had to send the item to jsa to get authenticated but it would be at a discount.
JSA told me it would cost $50 and I had to ship them the item

How can they justify that as "JSA authentication"?

I'm looking to return the item and get a refund since the main reason I purchased it was because it already came with the letter. They told me they won't issue a refund.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do?

ousooner_85
11-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Which auction house?

Takuleechch
11-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Ami
It was a signed magazine

dtmd59
11-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Most auction houses will have multiple lots pre certified by an authenticator who reviews the catalog and then offer a discount for full authentication through the authenticator per item. If it was from a major auction house I wouldn't worry about it.

Takuleechch
11-05-2013, 10:22 PM
If the lot said it can with precertification or an auction house letter I wouldn't have bid. I only bid because it said it came with jsa authentication. I think that it is misleading. They refuse to refund though

Phil316
11-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Sounds like another unsatisfied customer just be glad you where not a consignor.

I bought a PSA/DNA item a year or so ago and it came pre certified but made no mention of it. Item was for 250.00 and change. They refused to help me so I did a chargeback on my credit card. The card company MasterCard actually made the call with me on the phone to AMI and we hashed it out right there. They finally agreed to a refund and I sent the item back. They even paid for return shipping.

This company has swindling people for years. Had I known this I never would have bid.

Do a search of this forum and you will see. They have stiffed several people.

Takuleechch
11-05-2013, 11:19 PM
This company has swindling people for years. Had I known this I never would have bid.

EXACTLY! I would never had bid on it of I had known.
They said they will give me a $15 credit!!!! Are you kidding haha

trsent
11-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Any honest auction house will say if an item comes with "full authentication" meaning it is fully certified already or if it comes "pre-certified" meaning you get an auction house letter and have to send it in for certification.

What is the item you have and how much is regular price to have it authenticated? Just wondering if the $50.00 is a discount.

Takuleechch
11-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Any honest auction house will say if an item comes with "full authentication" meaning it is fully certified already or if it comes "pre-certified" meaning you get an auction house letter and have to send it in for certification.

What is the item you have and how much is regular price to have it authenticated? Just wondering if the $50.00 is a discount.

It's a signed Ali magazine. Normal price is $75. But again I only bid cause it said "JSA Authentication"

What's funny is that ami emailed back at the start saying that it's an auction letter and requires a small fee, then when I said I wanted to cancel the payment or have it refunded they said it 100% has jsa "it's in the system as having jsa"
It arrived tonight...no jsa and ami themselves sent me the jsa auction house letter now they are acting like they didn't

trsent
11-06-2013, 03:17 AM
It's a signed Ali magazine. Normal price is $75. But again I only bid cause it said "JSA Authentication"

What's funny is that ami emailed back at the start saying that it's an auction letter and requires a small fee, then when I said I wanted to cancel the payment or have it refunded they said it 100% has jsa "it's in the system as having jsa"
It arrived tonight...no jsa and ami themselves sent me the jsa auction house letter now they are acting like they didn't

Email me a picture of the magazine if you can.

I don't like those games. They either should be clear, JSA Auction House Letter or JSA Full Authentication.

I'd send it back and dispute your credit card for false description if they don't cooperate.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-07-2013, 01:18 AM
AMI still owes me over $3000 since 2007. I consigned items to them, they sold my items and never paid me. I've called hundreds of times to get no explanation at all... Just a bunch of excuses...
I would avoid them at all costs.

Steeleraddict
11-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Hey visualconcepts,
I think no matter what you make, 3 grand is a nice sum of money. Why not pursue this to get your money back? At least small claims court you don't need to hire a lawyer.

Also, it's the whole idea that they ripped me off and still are in business and blatantly ignoring me that would eat at me. it's been 7 yrs? Have you pursued any other routes than just phone calls?

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Hey visualconcepts,
I think no matter what you make, 3 grand is a nice sum of money. Why not pursue this to get your money back? At least small claims court you don't need to hire a lawyer.

Also, it's the whole idea that they ripped me off and still are in business and blatantly ignoring me that would eat at me. it's been 7 yrs? Have you pursued any other routes than just phone calls?

I DID CONTACT AN ATTORNEY AND THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I WOULD HAVE TO KEEP FLYING OUT TO LAS VEGAS FOR COURT SESSIONS AND IT WOULD'VE COST ME WAY MORE BY THE TIME IT WAS DONE... I LIVE IN JERSEY :(

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-07-2013, 01:54 PM
I DID CONTACT AN ATTORNEY AND THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I WOULD HAVE TO KEEP FLYING OUT TO LAS VEGAS FOR COURT SESSIONS AND IT WOULD'VE COST ME WAY MORE BY THE TIME IT WAS DONE... I LIVE IN JERSEY :(
**Sorry... didn't realize caps lock was on... :confused:

Steeleraddict
11-07-2013, 02:04 PM
That really sucks. I can't imagine how p.o.'d I'd be. What's the limit on small claims? Tho they prob figure the inconvenience wll make u just drop it.

Quick google for u shows the limit is anywhere from 5-10 grand.

I would be nonstop on this. Damn. There are ways to get it back. But thanks for the heads up. Figure they'll prob lose more than 3k in business if more of the word, the truth gets out.

64SHEA
11-08-2013, 11:27 PM

From what I understand if a businesses does regular business in your state e.g. selling products or services, mailing you a catalog, advertising in your state etc, then you can sue them in your home state. I have never dealt with Ami so I have no idea if they do any of these things.

Takuleechch
11-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Just to follow up-
I sent the item and the jsa auction letter back in the same box (they came separate). They item back for 2 weeks, saying the refund would be issued in this day then that day the this day and then in the mail I recieved back the same auction house letter and receipt!
I emailed asking why it was sent back and called my credit card company for a chargeback as they had had the item back for 2 weeks!. Mysteriously a few days later AMI finally refunded me.

Phil316
11-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Glad you got your money back. Just another reason to ALWAYS pay with a credit card. If an auction house does not take credit cards be careful.