• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Takuleechch
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Item not coming with said paperwork

I won at item at an auction house that said it came with JSA Authentication
    I got a letter in the mail and it came with a photocopy of a document that said I had to send the item to jsa to get authenticated but it would be at a discount.
    JSA told me it would cost $50 and I had to ship them the item

How can they justify that as "JSA authentication"?

I'm looking to return the item and get a refund since the main reason I purchased it was because it already came with the letter. They told me they won't issue a refund.

Has anyone else experienced this? What can I do?
  • ousooner_85
    • Aug 2012

Re: Item not coming with said paperwork

Which auction house?

Comment

• Takuleechch
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Ami
      It was a signed magazine

Comment

• dtmd59
        • Mar 2013

Most auction houses will have multiple lots pre certified by an authenticator who reviews the catalog and then offer a discount for full authentication through the authenticator per item. If it was from a major auction house I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

• Takuleechch
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

If the lot said it can with precertification or an auction house letter I wouldn't have bid. I only bid because it said it came with jsa authentication. I think that it is misleading. They refuse to refund though

Comment

• Phil316
            • May 2013

Sounds like another unsatisfied customer just be glad you where not a consignor.

I bought a PSA/DNA item a year or so ago and it came pre certified but made no mention of it. Item was for 250.00 and change. They refused to help me so I did a chargeback on my credit card. The card company MasterCard actually made the call with me on the phone to AMI and we hashed it out right there. They finally agreed to a refund and I sent the item back. They even paid for return shipping.

This company has swindling people for years. Had I known this I never would have bid.

Do a search of this forum and you will see. They have stiffed several people.

Comment

• Takuleechch
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Phil316
              This company has swindling people for years. Had I known this I never would have bid.
              EXACTLY! I would never had bid on it of I had known.
              They said they will give me a $15 credit!!!! Are you kidding haha

Comment

• trsent
                Banned
                • Nov 2005

Any honest auction house will say if an item comes with "full authentication" meaning it is fully certified already or if it comes "pre-certified" meaning you get an auction house letter and have to send it in for certification.

What is the item you have and how much is regular price to have it authenticated? Just wondering if the $50.00 is a discount.

Comment

• Takuleechch
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by trsent
                  Any honest auction house will say if an item comes with "full authentication" meaning it is fully certified already or if it comes "pre-certified" meaning you get an auction house letter and have to send it in for certification.

What is the item you have and how much is regular price to have it authenticated? Just wondering if the $50.00 is a discount.
                  It's a signed Ali magazine. Normal price is $75. But again I only bid cause it said "JSA Authentication"

What's funny is that ami emailed back at the start saying that it's an auction letter and requires a small fee, then when I said I wanted to cancel the payment or have it refunded they said it 100% has jsa "it's in the system as having jsa"
                  It arrived tonight...no jsa and ami themselves sent me the jsa auction house letter now they are acting like they didn't

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Takuleechch
                    It's a signed Ali magazine. Normal price is $75. But again I only bid cause it said "JSA Authentication"

What's funny is that ami emailed back at the start saying that it's an auction letter and requires a small fee, then when I said I wanted to cancel the payment or have it refunded they said it 100% has jsa "it's in the system as having jsa"
                    It arrived tonight...no jsa and ami themselves sent me the jsa auction house letter now they are acting like they didn't
                    Email me a picture of the magazine if you can.

I don't like those games. They either should be clear, JSA Auction House Letter or JSA Full Authentication.

I'd send it back and dispute your credit card for false description if they don't cooperate.

Comment

• VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
                      • Feb 2012

AMI still owes me over $3000 since 2007. I consigned items to them, they sold my items and never paid me. I've called hundreds of times to get no explanation at all... Just a bunch of excuses...
                      I would avoid them at all costs.

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                        • Nov 2012

Hey visualconcepts,
                        I think no matter what you make, 3 grand is a nice sum of money. Why not pursue this to get your money back? At least small claims court you don't need to hire a lawyer.

Also, it's the whole idea that they ripped me off and still are in business and blatantly ignoring me that would eat at me. it's been 7 yrs? Have you pursued any other routes than just phone calls?

Comment

• VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Steeleraddict
                          Hey visualconcepts,
                          I think no matter what you make, 3 grand is a nice sum of money. Why not pursue this to get your money back? At least small claims court you don't need to hire a lawyer.

Also, it's the whole idea that they ripped me off and still are in business and blatantly ignoring me that would eat at me. it's been 7 yrs? Have you pursued any other routes than just phone calls?
                          I DID CONTACT AN ATTORNEY AND THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I WOULD HAVE TO KEEP FLYING OUT TO LAS VEGAS FOR COURT SESSIONS AND IT WOULD'VE COST ME WAY MORE BY THE TIME IT WAS DONE... I LIVE IN JERSEY

Comment

• VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
                            I DID CONTACT AN ATTORNEY AND THE PROBLEM WAS THAT I WOULD HAVE TO KEEP FLYING OUT TO LAS VEGAS FOR COURT SESSIONS AND IT WOULD'VE COST ME WAY MORE BY THE TIME IT WAS DONE... I LIVE IN JERSEY
                            **Sorry... didn't realize caps lock was on...

Comment

• Steeleraddict
                              • Nov 2012

That really sucks. I can't imagine how p.o.'d I'd be. What's the limit on small claims? Tho they prob figure the inconvenience wll make u just drop it.

Quick google for u shows the limit is anywhere from 5-10 grand.

I would be nonstop on this. Damn. There are ways to get it back. But thanks for the heads up. Figure they'll prob lose more than 3k in business if more of the word, the truth gets out.

Comment

Working...