PDA

View Full Version : Ever see someone on Ebay selling something you own?

ivo610
11-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Looked on Ebay this morning and came across an item I own up for sale... huh thats weird I thought. The seller is greatgig2012 and here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301009560774

I actually double checked that I still own it, and I do.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/ivo610/image-1.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/ivo610/media/image-1.jpg.html)
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/ivo610/image-2.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/ivo610/media/image-2.jpg.html)
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/ivo610/image.jpg (http://s766.photobucket.com/user/ivo610/media/image.jpg.html)

Any one else have any stories like this?

Jags Fan Dan
11-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Very strange. Are the photos used yours, or how did he get his photos?

Jags Fan Dan
11-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Also, I notice his doesn't have the Meigray tagging? Maybe one is issued, one worn?

Misha
11-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Also the stitching around the bottom tag is a different color, and goes through the "name". Yours also has that check type stitching around the blue up top but his doesn't.

cohibasmoker
11-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I emailed the owner and asked how they acquired the jersey? I also asked if there was a LOA? I received the below answer;

No it does not.
It is authentic though. I live near the Philadelphia area, and when he left the team, he donated some of his equipment to charitable organizations, and I picked this one up there..

ivo610
11-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Very strange. Are the photos used yours, or how did he get his photos?

Those are his. They jersey isn't even game issued as it's not close to what was worn.

JackHE
11-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Same thing happened to me with an Ellis Hobbs Kelly Green throwback. Some guy on ebay said he had several Green Throwbacks from the team. When asked about the Meigray tagging, he went on some rant.

flaco1801
11-08-2013, 11:36 AM
It is clearly a different shirt....with some teams making multiple sets there are going to be many EXACT same shirts....the title of your thread makes it seem someone used your photos to sell a shirt...

ivo610
11-09-2013, 12:26 PM
It is clearly a different shirt....with some teams making multiple sets there are going to be many EXACT same shirts....the title of your thread makes it seem someone used your photos to sell a shirt...

? How so? He said he was selling a jersey worn on a specific date that I own.

trsent
11-10-2013, 06:17 AM
? How so? He said he was selling a jersey worn on a specific date that I own.

His description and title states "Game Issued" - Am I missing something? He is not selling something you own. He owns the jersey he has listed. His opening bid is cheap enough - Maybe you should add this game issued jersey to go with your game used one.

ivo610
11-10-2013, 08:36 AM
His description and title states "Game Issued" - Am I missing something? He is not selling something you own. He owns the jersey he has listed. His opening bid is cheap enough - Maybe you should add this game issued jersey to go with your game used one.

You are missing that after a dozen messages to him he finally changed it to game issued after I pointed out he was committing fraud. If you would have looked at the link several days ago when I posited the link you would have seen he was saying it was worn in 07.

He tried to selling something I own by portraying a "game issued" piece as game worn. It's not even game issued but that's beyond my concern at this point

Jags Fan Dan
11-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm not trying to instigate anything, but what about his jersey makes it not even team issued?

trsent
11-10-2013, 11:41 AM
You are missing that after a dozen messages to him he finally changed it to game issued after I pointed out he was committing fraud. If you would have looked at the link several days ago when I posited the link you would have seen he was saying it was worn in 07.

He tried to selling something I own by portraying a "game issued" piece as game worn. It's not even game issued but that's beyond my concern at this point

So you had him change the description, since he didn't know any better, and I'm supposed to know that? Guy isn't selling something you own. He has what appears to be a legitimate game issued pro-cut jersey just like yours.

Please don't come here with sour grapes over it. This happens.

I'm not trying to instigate anything, but what about his jersey makes it not even team issued?

Guy buys a jersey, assumes it is game used. Finds it isn't. Now it's game issued, which may be the correct classification for this jersey.

Jags Fan Dan
11-10-2013, 03:55 PM
So you had him change the description, since he didn't know any better, and I'm supposed to know that? Guy isn't selling something you own. He has what appears to be a legitimate game issued pro-cut jersey just like yours.

Guy buys a jersey, assumes it is game used. Finds it isn't. Now it's game issued, which may be the correct classification for this jersey.

No, Joel, the OP, from what I get, says the other jersey can't even be an issued jersey due to problems with it, I just want to know what is wrong with it specifically.

ivo610
11-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Mine isn't "game issued pro cut".

Why are you trying to instigate something? Is this a friend of yours or something? I merely corrected you when you wrongly assumed bc you checked in on this thread days after everyone else.

There, right there, is what's wrong with some collectors. "Assumes it's game used"

ivo610
11-11-2013, 08:58 AM
No, Joel, the OP, from what I get, says the other jersey can't even be an issued jersey due to problems with it, I just want to know what is wrong with it specifically.

Wrong shoulders. Not quilted (correct terminology I guess). Length is incorrect. No elastic waist band. It's like a game used jersey and one of those signed nfl auctions jerseys. So many things are different than what was used the game.

Joel gets upset for whatever reason but I think it's good for collectors to protect their items. If people go around selling fakes of your jersey the value on yours drops. My friend just sold a high end jersey at auction. He probably lost out on 5-10k bc of the 10 or so fakes that have been attributed to that game. Even the auction house he sold it at had previously sold a jersey that was attributed to the game. His was clearly the legit one for numerous reasons but other collects destroyed the market for him by committing fraud with "game issued" jerseys and portraying them as worn. Is mine a high end piece? No. But I'm diligent with stuff like this as should all collectors. Being sloppy or just ignoring it or calling it "sour grapes" is just lazy collecting and bad for everyone in the hobby. Everyone should support each other in sniffing out crap like this, not bash them for watever reason.

trsent
11-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Mine isn't "game issued pro cut".

Why are you trying to instigate something? Is this a friend of yours or something? I merely corrected you when you wrongly assumed bc you checked in on this thread days after everyone else.

There, right there, is what's wrong with some collectors. "Assumes it's game used"

Sorry, this is a message board where people discuss things and not everyone joins in a discussion every day - People join days, weeks and even years later to discuss topics.

Some people assume a jersey is game used because they do not know any better - Not everyone is a member of this forum and not everyone knows what to look for and I have no clue who the seller is.

A game issued pro-cut jersey doesn't have to be the same size as your game worn jersey - They could make jerseys with different sizes. They could make jerseys with and without elastic hems.

Instead of getting all defensive and making this about me, why not understand that you did your job and you should feel proud that the seller changed this from a game used jersey to a game issued jerseys? That is progress and protection for your jersey but the jersey appears to be legitimate from Reebok, so them calling it game issued is not a crime.

ousooner_85
11-11-2013, 02:27 PM
It may just be me but I'm not a big fan of "game issue pro cut" jersey.

Do these jerseys ever make it into the hands of the player or even the team?

The terminology of the industry seems like it has different meanings depending on what best suits the individual representing the item. "Game Used" seems pretty straight forward and in most cases (specifically with football) can be attributed/matched/proven etc. with appropriate wear. Past that it gets muddy with game issue, game cut, authentic, etc.

It seems to me that "game issue pro cut" is a play on words for added profit for those that sell these type of jerseys.

beachpetrol
11-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Ryan, is your jersey photomatched or do you have a photo style match? I looked at pictures of the game and none of the players had the "quilt style" sewing on the shoulders of the jerseys, like yours has. Meigray has one on their website and it also does not have the "quilt style" sewing. Also, if the ebay seller's jersey is "game issued", shouldn't it also be tagged with Meigray authentication? I know Meigray sells game issued jerseys, along with game worn jerseys, so it would make sense if the "game issued" jersey was Meigray tagged as well, since this is a "one game" style jersey.

beachpetrol
11-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Here are a couple photos from the game. I have not found a photo yet with the quilt style sewing on the shoulders.

http://uspresswire.com/preview/2233684

http://uspresswire.com/preview/2232076

BU54CB
11-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Ryan, is your jersey photomatched or do you have a photo style match? I looked at pictures of the game and none of the players had the "quilt style" sewing on the shoulders of the jerseys, like yours has. Meigray has one on their website and it also does not have the "quilt style" sewing. Also, if the ebay seller's jersey is "game issued", shouldn't it also be tagged with Meigray authentication? I know Meigray sells game issued jerseys, along with game worn jerseys, so it would make sense if the "game issued" jersey was Meigray tagged as well, since this is a "one game" style jersey.

Not all players wear the quilting on the shoulders, some players, usually OL and DL, have the quilting for extra durability. I've seen a few LB's with this as well.

This link to a Getty photo shows Spikes wearing a home jersey with the extra quilting, I'm willing to bet if I took the time, I could find a photo of him in the said jersey.
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/takeo-spikes-of-the-philadelphia-eagles-watches-the-game-news-photo/77911679

beachpetrol
11-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Not all players wear the quilting on the shoulders, some players, usually OL and DL, have the quilting for extra durability. I've seen a few LB's with this as well.

This link to a Getty photo shows Spikes wearing a home jersey with the extra quilting, I'm willing to bet if I took the time, I could find a photo of him in the said jersey.
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/takeo-spikes-of-the-philadelphia-eagles-watches-the-game-news-photo/77911679

OK. Thanks for that info. I didn't realize Spikes wore that style pattern on his jerseys.