Ever see someone on Ebay selling something you own?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ivo610
    • Dec 2009

Ever see someone on Ebay selling something you own?

Looked on Ebay this morning and came across an item I own up for sale... huh thats weird I thought. The seller is greatgig2012 and here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=301009560774

I actually double checked that I still own it, and I do.

Any one else have any stories like this?
    Ryan

NFL game used collector
  • Jags Fan Dan
    • Apr 2007

Re: Ever see someone on Ebay selling something you own?

Very strange. Are the photos used yours, or how did he get his photos?

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
      • Apr 2007

Also, I notice his doesn't have the Meigray tagging? Maybe one is issued, one worn?

Comment

• Misha
        • Apr 2013

Also the stitching around the bottom tag is a different color, and goes through the "name". Yours also has that check type stitching around the blue up top but his doesn't.

Comment

• cohibasmoker
          Banned
          • Aug 2005

I emailed the owner and asked how they acquired the jersey? I also asked if there was a LOA? I received the below answer;

No it does not.
          It is authentic though. I live near the Philadelphia area, and when he left the team, he donated some of his equipment to charitable organizations, and I picked this one up there..

Comment

• ivo610
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
            Very strange. Are the photos used yours, or how did he get his photos?
            Those are his. They jersey isn't even game issued as it's not close to what was worn.
            Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• JackHE
              • Nov 2005

Same thing happened to me with an Ellis Hobbs Kelly Green throwback. Some guy on ebay said he had several Green Throwbacks from the team. When asked about the Meigray tagging, he went on some rant.
              www.jackemerson@yahoo.com

Comment

• flaco1801
                • Nov 2005

It is clearly a different shirt....with some teams making multiple sets there are going to be many EXACT same shirts....the title of your thread makes it seem someone used your photos to sell a shirt...

Comment

• ivo610
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by flaco1801
                  It is clearly a different shirt....with some teams making multiple sets there are going to be many EXACT same shirts....the title of your thread makes it seem someone used your photos to sell a shirt...
                  ? How so? He said he was selling a jersey worn on a specific date that I own.
                  Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• trsent
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ivo610
                    ? How so? He said he was selling a jersey worn on a specific date that I own.
                    His description and title states "Game Issued" - Am I missing something? He is not selling something you own. He owns the jersey he has listed. His opening bid is cheap enough - Maybe you should add this game issued jersey to go with your game used one.

Comment

• ivo610
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by trsent
                      His description and title states "Game Issued" - Am I missing something? He is not selling something you own. He owns the jersey he has listed. His opening bid is cheap enough - Maybe you should add this game issued jersey to go with your game used one.
                      You are missing that after a dozen messages to him he finally changed it to game issued after I pointed out he was committing fraud. If you would have looked at the link several days ago when I posited the link you would have seen he was saying it was worn in 07.

He tried to selling something I own by portraying a "game issued" piece as game worn. It's not even game issued but that's beyond my concern at this point
                      Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                        • Apr 2007

I'm not trying to instigate anything, but what about his jersey makes it not even team issued?

Comment

• trsent
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ivo610
                          You are missing that after a dozen messages to him he finally changed it to game issued after I pointed out he was committing fraud. If you would have looked at the link several days ago when I posited the link you would have seen he was saying it was worn in 07.

He tried to selling something I own by portraying a "game issued" piece as game worn. It's not even game issued but that's beyond my concern at this point
                          So you had him change the description, since he didn't know any better, and I'm supposed to know that? Guy isn't selling something you own. He has what appears to be a legitimate game issued pro-cut jersey just like yours.

Please don't come here with sour grapes over it. This happens.

Originally posted by Jags Fan Dan
                          I'm not trying to instigate anything, but what about his jersey makes it not even team issued?
                          Guy buys a jersey, assumes it is game used. Finds it isn't. Now it's game issued, which may be the correct classification for this jersey.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                            • Apr 2007

So you had him change the description, since he didn't know any better, and I'm supposed to know that? Guy isn't selling something you own. He has what appears to be a legitimate game issued pro-cut jersey just like yours.

Guy buys a jersey, assumes it is game used. Finds it isn't. Now it's game issued, which may be the correct classification for this jersey.
                            No, Joel, the OP, from what I get, says the other jersey can't even be an issued jersey due to problems with it, I just want to know what is wrong with it specifically.

Comment

• ivo610
                              • Dec 2009

Mine isn't "game issued pro cut".

Why are you trying to instigate something? Is this a friend of yours or something? I merely corrected you when you wrongly assumed bc you checked in on this thread days after everyone else.

There, right there, is what's wrong with some collectors. "Assumes it's game used"
                              Ryan

NFL game used collector

Comment

Working...