PDA

View Full Version : Geroge Brett threatens fan

sportsnbikes
11-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Did you all hear about the George Brett incident? Here is a link to the YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4KSipdyGsA

I happen to know who this guy is and he's a turd. It's not the first time I've seen him get into it with a player. He's the push your kid to get his kind of guy.

Good for George. Kind of with he wouldn't have threatened to kill him but oh well. I guess he made his point.

sportsnbikes
11-07-2013, 04:13 PM
I guess I shouldn't call the guy a fan. More like a HOUND!

Dach0sen0ne
11-07-2013, 05:49 PM
The comments on that video are awesome.

ethanoah
11-08-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm actually good friends with Brandon and he's actually a pretty nice guy. Very willing to help get autographs for nothing in return most of the time. I've never seen him push a kid and I have graphed with him over a 100 times. I'm not saying that he doesn't hound Brett too much... he does but Brett is a very rude person unless at a paid event then he can be wonderful.

Roady
11-08-2013, 08:34 AM
I would believe that most athletes get a little tired of the "adults" hounding them for autographs.
I was a big Darrell Waltrip fan. The only reason I liked him was because nobody else did and he won races.
When I was still a kid I got my picture taken with him. I became a teenager and wanted to get him to sign it for me. I was able to get into the infield during that time so I went to the track and waited for him to come out of his hauler. It wasn't long before there were several more people, manly adults, crowded around with me. Before long it was probably 25-30 fans.
Darrell came out of his trailer and it was like a mob. People became a mass of arms, pens, and pictures or cards all thrust out for him to sign. Some of the adults had several items they wanted signed.
I finally just stepped aside, it wasn't worth it. I was standing around feeling sorry for myself when my dad walked up and asked me if I got my autograph. I said no and pointed to the mob still surrounding Darrell.
Darrell stopped signing, came over to me and asked what I wanted signed. Meanwhile his PR person I suppose told the others he was done signing for today. Darrell and I spent 10-15 minutes talking racing and he shared the fact that since his daughter's birth that he had gotten saved.
He also shared with me that he loved his fans but that some of the "adults" should be ashamed of themselves for shoving kids out of the way and overreaching them to shove something in his face to sign.
He reminded me that he was just a man who was blessed to be able to do what he loved doing. He was not a God and was no better than anyone else.
That stuck with me and when I look at my autographed picture of me and Darrell on the wall I am reminded that we are all blessed in different ways.

Roady
11-08-2013, 08:39 AM
As far as the video, George Brett owns his signature and he can decide who to give it to. Being a fan does not entitle you to anything from anyone.
This "fan" sounds more like someone who gets auto's to sell than for any personal collection, at least by listening to Brett and the "fan".

Fdean
11-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Brett could've and should've handled it better than this.
instead of going off on him..how about he learns to say " no, sorry..I already signed for you before" simple.

Roady
11-08-2013, 11:35 AM
It's easy to tell others how to behave. But we have all lost our cool before and said things we shouldn't. Just lucky someone wasn't filming us I guess.

jake33
11-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Who cares if we "lost our cool" before?
Doesn't mean someone shouldn't call us out on it.

I never have problem with anything that any person has to say about me as long as it is factual.

It is like if Hitler told you not to kill someone, the response shouldn't be "Well, look what you did!" It should just be, "Correct. I shouldn't do that."

If people take their own accountability, it won't matter what someone else who has a factual statement to say is.

Roady
11-13-2013, 08:12 PM
Were you called out when you lost your cool? Were you called out on a public forum and the video posted on the internet?

Your response sounds like you lost your cool with me. Did you?

Roady
11-13-2013, 08:22 PM
And let me add that is I made you mad I am sorry. It was not my intention.

jake33
11-13-2013, 08:38 PM
I am generally an aggravated person, so consistent behavior from me.

And I was a radio personality for 6 years and I was called out constantly on a public forum. So, yes I know what it is like.

Roady
11-13-2013, 08:42 PM
I am generally an aggravated person, so consistent behavior from me.

Great answer! :D

sportsnbikes
11-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Sure he probably shouldn't have threatened him in that manner. But contrary to a previous post I have seen him budge in front of a kid.

Surely there has to be a level of respect for these people who I'd assume sign quite often.

sportscentury
11-16-2013, 10:06 AM
I've spent some time with George. He always goes out of his way to be great to the fans. He is widely known to be friendly and generous. I would rank him right up there with Gary Carter and Stan Musial. I can only think the nonsense he had to endure here must have been considerable for him to respond so angrily.

Steeleraddict
11-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Hey u gotta give george credit. For whatever reason he was in that mood, his own business, yet he still signed at least one for him. Looks like it was one more than he deserved.