PDA

View Full Version : MeiGray Agreement With Memphis Grizzles

ChrisCavalier
12-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to make a post in the "Memorabilia Discussion" forum in regards to the recent agreement MeiGray has entered with the NBA's Memphis Grizzles. While there is a thread on this topic already in the "Items For Sale" forum, the purpose of this thread is to allow people to ask questions about MeiGray's authentication process, tagging information, etc.

Given all the suspect items that many of us on this forum see for sale in the marketplace (that includes items that are so-called "authenticated"), I believe it would be helpful for our members (especially new ones) to have the opportunity to ask about MeiGray's authentication process.

Along those lines, I am cutting and pasting some information from the other thread so people who are unfamiliar with MeiGray can learn more about how MeiGray attains the items as well as the markings they use to identify them in the market. Please feel free to ask any additional questions you have if you need more information about MeiGray's system. For the record, many of us on the forum (myself included) have a favorable opinion of MeiGray. However, this thread is not intended to try to sell any items, rather to allow people to ask questions about the MeiGray system so they can be more educated about their authentication process and the likelihood of items being genuine.

For starters, here is the information I mentioned from the other thread:

From Barry Meisel of MeiGray:

MeiGray [has] reached an agreement with our second NBA team, the Memphis Grizzlies.

We have acquired one set of 2005-06 home white and one set of 2005-06 road blue game-worn jerseys from the Grizzlies.

...the 2005-06 jerseys that we acquired after the season do not have our security tags in them, but this season's jerseys, the ones the Grizzlies are wearing now, do have the MGG security tags that ensure authenticity.

Once again, if you are unfamiliar with MeiGray please feel free to ask any questions you feel are necessary to understand their system of authentication.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe