PDA

View Full Version : cano game used glove

sogcollector
11-12-2013, 03:04 PM
I bought this glove in Goldin auctions. The loa states nobody has been able to style match it at any point in the 2006 or 2007 season. Does anyone recall or can reference a picture of cano using a glove with the pocket different than what he normally uses? I do not have the glove in hand yet to make my own pictures. I vaguely recall seeing him using a glove like this in 06 spring training but I can't recall where I saw it. It was hypothesized on the loa that perhaps its a winter ball glove. I don't have it in hand yet so I'm providing a link for pictures. Thanks.

http://goldinauctions.com/Robinson-Cano-2006-2007-Spalding-Game-Used-Glove-w-LOT6870.aspx

Phil316
11-12-2013, 05:23 PM
That's a lot of cash to shell out without photographic evidence.

yankees506
11-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Well for me I've only ever seen cano use a two tone spalding glove. Id imagine that even jt didn't think Cano used the glove as the conclusion will usually state something like "it is our opinion that the glove is authentic and was used by Cano in the referenced labeling period." I personally stood away for these reasons as well as seeing another questionable item with a Jose cano loa.

Phil316
11-12-2013, 05:51 PM
I just did a quick picture search from 06 and 07 and i am finding another feature on his game used gloves. He seems to have a soft pad on the outside where his index finger would go. The glove you won does not have that pad. Who knows though it could have been removed. I did not find a conclusive match on your glove. You would think with the glove showing that much use there would be some pictures of him wearing it but i have yet to find any.

Phil316
11-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Well for me I've only ever seen cano use a two tone spalding glove. Id imagine that even jt didn't think Cano used the glove as the conclusion will usually state something like "it is our opinion that the glove is authentic and was used by Cano in the referenced labeling period." I personally stood away for these reasons as well as seeing another questionable item with a Jose cano loa.

I agree completely.

KGoldin
11-12-2013, 06:02 PM
The title was given to the item prior to getting the report back from psa DNA, which came after catalog was at printer.
If based on the psa letter you do not wish to purchase the glove, please email info at my office and it will be taken off your invoice
Someone in my office should have flagged it after the psa letter differed with the cano letter.
Regards
Ken goldin

Phil316
11-12-2013, 06:09 PM
That is pretty stand up of you Ken.

yankees506
11-12-2013, 06:20 PM
That is pretty stand up of you Ken.

Ken has been nothing but class and helped upgrade the standing of this forum tremendously

sogcollector
11-12-2013, 06:29 PM
The title was given to the item prior to getting the report back from psa DNA, which came after catalog was at printer.
If based on the psa letter you do not wish to purchase the glove, please email info at my office and it will be taken off your invoice
Someone in my office should have flagged it after the psa letter differed with the cano letter.
Regards
Ken goldin

Ken, would it be OK to put my invoice "on hold" for two weeks or so before I cancel the glove? I really would like to see if I can run down a photo of it in use before I give up all together. I can email your office tomorrow and let them know that is what I'm doing if OK with you. Thanks.

sogcollector
11-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Ken, would it be OK to put my invoice "on hold" for two weeks or so before I cancel the glove? I really would like to see if I can run down a photo of it in use before I give up all together. I can email your office tomorrow and let them know that is what I'm doing if OK with you. Thanks.

Here is a pic of loa..

maverick14
11-12-2013, 07:27 PM
I personally stood away for these reasons as well as seeing another questionable item with a Jose cano loa.

Ditto here for that exact reason otherwise I'd have been all over it at that price.