PDA

View Full Version : Dream Team jerseys

Takuleechch
11-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Was just at Karl Malones memorabilia hall and he has a full set of game worn jerseys and shoes from the 1992 Dream Team.
All come with a signed letter from the player stating they are actual game worn Olympic jerseys.
So it got me thinking - wouldn't all the players have something like this?
Where are all the KNOWN LEGIT Dream Team jerseys?
Thoughts....

Takuleechch
11-24-2013, 02:05 PM
My bad...just read the signed cert - his set was worn in the basketball tournament of the Americas (or at least his Jordan jersey was I didn't read the others)

Still is there any real olympic game jerseys out there? I doubt it

nickacs
11-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Over the years, there has been probably 15-20 offered in various auction houses. I know GFC has had like 2 blue Jordan ones (one with shorts) in just the last 2-3 years. The "famous" REA white Jordan one from years ago sold for a huge chunk of money, even with McDonalds charity letter, that turned out to be a fake.
There was a white Jordan I just saw recently with a McDonald's charity that was legit (can't remember the auction house).

There hasn't been a true "MEARS A10" with 100% pristine provenance, except for the white McDonalds one as of late. Several auction houses have had 1992 DT "game worn" jerseys, but none that could be 100% truely "game worn" for sure.

I'm sure they are out there, but given the # of games played, I can't see more than 1-3 real "game worns" out there per player.
I was told by someone back in the 1990's when I was first looking into purchasing a blue Jordan one that there were only 2 blue ones made and 1 white for the actual tourney. I cannot confirm 100%, just what I was told by someone.

That is a freakin sweet pic tho of Malone's hall! Love it! Thanks for sharing

DJaeger22
11-24-2013, 02:21 PM
That is an amazing collection that Karl Malone has. I love how he has it set up in the pic you posted.

Thanks for sharing that!

nickacs
11-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Darn, wish there was an Edit button!

Ok, the last white Jordan DT1 jersey that came with McDonalds letter was, again, REA. They just auctioned in a couple months ago and it did come with a MEARS A10, so I stand corrected. I knew there was one!
http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=28148

However, in all my DT1 jersey research over the years, this is the "best" one I could ever fine with great provenance. All the others were either a) fakes or b) could not be proved to be really "game worn".

Takuleechch
11-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Yea it's awesome! His and Stocktons are separate to the left, I couldn't fit them in the frame

Let's say they played 12 games and got new jerseys each time, I would think that they would all have a set. Maybe some players changed at half time?

bdeol44
11-25-2013, 06:43 PM
That is a really nice setup!

joshmiller0
11-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Found this: http://www.usab.com/mens/national/08_jersey_auction.html

and Meigray had them on nbaauctions, but the same guy I think bought every jersey: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=530569