PDA

View Full Version : Got Salute to Service Glove from Bucs vs Lions

jake33
11-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Got 2 salute to service gloves from Bucs vs Lions yesterday in Detroit.

I have been to 7 NFL stadiums to see the Bucs play, let me just say I was not too impressed with the Lions fan base at the stdium, they honestly seemed to feel the entire game that something bad was going to happen, even when they were winning. Very strange, but I guess with the little the Lions have given their fan base over the last 40 years, I guess I get that a little.

Anyways, after the game I got down to the tunnel after getting across security who wouldn't let anyone move from their seats, which is a whole other story, but was able tog et

KEith Tandy's salute to service glove and Adam Hayward's glove. Will post photos later today.

jake33
11-25-2013, 09:44 AM
images of the gloves

Hayward on left
Tandy on the right

Phil316
11-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Good story nice gloves

mbrieve
11-25-2013, 02:30 PM
I have been to 7 NFL stadiums to see the Bucs play, let me just say I was not too impressed with the Lions fan base at the stdium, they honestly seemed to feel the entire game that something bad was going to happen, even when they were winning. Very strange, but I guess with the little the Lions have given their fan base over the last 40 years, I guess I get that a little.

Really, you were surprised by this? Doesn't the end result prove that these feelings were reasonable. As a Detroit sports fan, the Lions are the one team I will spend zero energy on. Too much heartbreak over my 30+ years of living.

Christ0pher
11-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Great story! Do you always try and get gloves when you go to Bucs game at different stadiums? Would love to hear some of your experiences on doing so.

Some stadiums its easy then others it can be impossible, with security/ushers and even fans making it very difficult.

jake33
11-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, usually when you try tog et items from a road/visiting team it is a lot easier.

Also, the Buccaneers do not have a big National fan base - like the Bears, Giants, Packers, Steelers, Cowboys, etc.

So a lot of the road games I go to have a handful of Bucs fans. Sometimes there are a few more when the Bucs have a winning record.

Also, security at NFL stadiums has become a bit of a pain. I always make sure to buy tickets by the visiting team tunnel and I will make sure to yell out the player's actual name and not just his number or "HEY!"

This last weekend, I was sitting in row 10 in section 101 in Detroit right by the field. With about 2 minutes left in the game, security went down the aisles and would not let anyone get closer to the railing or anything.

I was pretty annoyed by this, because as soon as the Bucs got the clinching interception, the whole stadium headed for the doors and no one was sitting by the railing.

Next, the Lions security manager Derrick (with dreadlocks) said "You cannot come down here, people paid to sit in this section." I told him I had a ticket in the section, but that did not matter, as he meant to say specifically "SEATS." Then Derrick said he would be "HAPPY" to explain to me why i cannot sit there until after the game. I said "Ok, i want that explanation, where will you be after the game." He then said he did not have time for this nonesense and told me to go back to my seat.

I looped over to the section directly next to the players tunnel and another security guard did not let me get too clsoe, but I had a couple players toss their gloves to me.

Green Bay opperates the same way, as do the Vikings. I think this is to prevent from drunks doing somethign stupid to the players and/or I am sure some fans complained that peopel went into their seats.

In Minnesota in 2012, I also got into a fight with some drunk Vikings fan who was furious that I moved up 2 rows when the Buccaneers were winning by 17 with 3 minutes left and most the fans left the section and stadium.

To get player gloves and gear, after the game, the players are very happy to toss it to you on their way outof the stadium, BUT you really must be SUPER close to the tunnel get there or be sneaky enough to move up without being noticed.

Also, during blowout games, I saw fans leave and asked them for their tickets, which I was able to get before.

----

I would not SUGGEST doing this, but it has crossed my mind....
With so many tickets being print as at home paper tickets, it might be worth printing out a ticket with a different row printed on it just for instances of moving to a better seat, NOT FOR actually sitting in the first row for the entire game. Again, I wouldn't suggest doing that, but I assume it would work.

----

Also, secruity into NFL Stadiums is ridiculous too. i carried in 3 mini helmets with the NFl regulation super small clear bag. I had to unscrew the facemasks, just to get them in the stadium. Also, a Lions ecruity lady outside the stadium, said i could NOT bring PENS into the stadium. But then she said and i quote "If you pretend to throw the sharpie in the garbage, that will work too." Unreal how much of a pain in the ass getting gear and auto's has become.

gorphils
11-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Even when the Bucs are winning...haha that's funny! My hubby has endured every crap season from the beginning of the team! In fact we went to see the Falcons at the Bucs a few weeks ago driving from PA to the game. We were 14 rows from the field and a few sections from the Falcons tunnel..I never thought about getting gloves..lol