PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question

usafshelland
11-25-2013, 12:10 PM
So I've been collecting sports cards for awhile now, and always though about expanding into true game used memorabilia. Does anyone have a website or good write up for getting into game used stuff? Just looking for the informative, or if you can offer up your tips to a GU newb, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

ousooner_85
11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I would start by reading old threads here. Lots of good conversation, things to look for and what to steer away from, etc.

DJaeger22
11-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the hobby and the forums!

I would start by figuring out what you want to collect. Some people collect certain players, teams, sports, etc...

This is a great site full of information and great people willing to help.

Have fun collecting!

usafshelland
11-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the hobby and the forums!

I would start by figuring out what you want to collect. Some people collect certain players, teams, sports, etc...

This is a great site full of information and great people willing to help.

Have fun collecting!

Yea, if people want to point me in the right places, i'm looking for Red Sox and Broncos... will consider other HoF type of players (i.e. Todd Helton, Varitek, etc) and of course those currently in the Hall.

DJaeger22
11-25-2013, 06:12 PM
I would post something in the Items Wanted section of the forum with your current wants. You should get a good amount of hits from people who are looking to sell.

xpress34
11-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Erik -

Welcome to the forum!

Just wondering where your from - all your references were to Boston ad Denver teams.

I'm in Thornton, just N of Denver.

- Smitty