Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carbonrosa
    • Jun 2012

Robinson Cano 2010 Game Used Glove??

Just wondering how you can tell if this is a true player issued Spalding glove for Robinson Cano (I'm not even considering it game-used) or just a Store model since Spalding Sells his glove on there web site for $189.99. Are there any specific markings that separate the two?

Spalding site selling Cano Glove:
    Creating sporting goods since 1876. Elevate your game with Spalding basketball gear and equipment. Shop today!

Ebay Auction:
  • Phil316
    • May 2013

Re: Robinson Cano 2010 Game Used Glove??

On the ebay auction there seems to be stamping along the inside of where the pinky finger would go it reads something like 42001RC. The picture from Spalding on their site does not have that stamping. Other than that they look pretty similar.

Comment

• emann
      • Nov 2008

Another Cano glove (listed as 2012) just went up on ebay:

[Oddly, they're both originating from Mass sellers: Sportsworld has one and SoxFan213 has the other]

Comment

• carbonrosa
        • Jun 2012

Ya, I saw that. I contacted him asking if the glove he is selling had the same stamps on the pinky and bellow Cano's name like the other one selling on ebay since that one had them and the Store model glove being sold on Spaldings website did not.

Comment

• jhunt28
          • Oct 2008

I know zero about game used gloves...but this one is up for auction from Steiner, and looks brand new to me

Comment

• carbonrosa
            • Jun 2012

I saw the Steiner one as well. I'm actually bidding on this one. The glove selling in the Steiner auction has the matching stamps with the 2010 glove on eBay from sports world auction. The new auction on eBay claiming his glove is a 2012 game used glove shows no pictures on the id stamps. I contacted "soxfan213" asking for photos of the inside pinky and below the embroider to show if his glove has the identification stamps but he has chosen not to get back to me. All 3 gloves look to have almost no use but at least the glove from the Mariano auction comes signed game used with the mlb auction sticker stating it was given to Mariano after the 7/4/13 game vs. the twins though a little pricey at the moment.
            -Devin

Comment

• Phil316
              • May 2013

saw this one for sale.

If you look close you can see the stamping on the pinky finger.

Ever since 1876, when A.G. Spalding opened his first sporting goods store, Spalding has been a dominant name in baseball. That same year, Spalding introduced the first Major League baseball, and the following year introduced the first Major League baseball glove. To say this company knows a thing or two about baseball equipment would be an understatement. Today, Spalding's Pro Staff includes over 100 Major League and Minor League players that lend their professional expertise and preferences to make Spalding products the best they can be. The Pro Select Series gloves from Spalding are a prime example. Made from premium Top-Grain Kip leather and butter smooth cowhide lining, these gloves are extremely durable. The Pro Select Series also features the patent pending expanded small finger slot that will make it easier to lock down those tough catches. Inside, a premium palm pad reduces the sting of hard hit or thrown balls, while an index finger pad provides extra support on the outside. With a custom fit and Robinson Cano's professional style design, this Pro Select Series is everything you're looking for in a quality and professional baseball glove. Spalding: America's FIRST Baseball Company. Free Shipping!

Comment

• carbonrosa
                • Jun 2012

Wow. I'm going to contact Spalding to see if they can shed lite on this matter. If Cano's game issued glove is exactly the same as the store model with no defining ID markers, then I'm definitely staying away from the two eBay auctions. Still neither sellers have gotten back to me explaining how their gloves are game used. At least the Steiner auction glove is authenticated by MLB dated to July 4 2013
                -Devin

Comment

• gorilla777
                  • Aug 2009

That glove in the Steiner Auction is awfully minty fresh, which does come thru clearly by the pictures. The palm area does not look broken in at all. The MLB hologram could just be for the signature, though not positive.

Comment

• marino13
                    • Feb 2010

I would only bid on the Steiner one since it comes from two valuable sources - MLB hologram and Mariano's letter.

It doesn't show much use because it might not have seen much action at all during the game .... or Cano's just used it for one inning and gave it to the authenticator to authenticate and then donate to Mariano's cause.

After enhancing the picture from spalding itself --- the so called game used glove on eBay is nothing but a game model glove that has been "played in the backyard" or something to that extend.

Comment

• yankees506
                      • Apr 2010

my cano glove purchased from spalding has all the stamping as well.

why would anyone pay $600+ without doing any homework i have no idea.

Comment

Working...