PDA

View Full Version : My collection, hopefully some HOF's here.

thesteelcurtain58
12-04-2013, 08:21 PM
we'll start with ray lewis and what the steelers did do him the first game of the season..tears, black streaks and all....sorry if file too big, newbie
opinions always welcome

thesteelcurtain58
12-04-2013, 08:23 PM
and here are the photo matches...

bxbomber13
12-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Very nice jersey... 10/10

net0@thehalf
12-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Great Jersey u? interested in selling or trading it?

thesteelcurtain58
12-04-2013, 10:12 PM
There's a great tear in the right shoulder. This is some thick material. And all the thick black gouges resulting from being between Steeler helmets and his pads...sweet. Also, theres a good sized black smudge right in his left chest area..taking on a running back perhaps? The amount of violence that shows in this jersey in only one game is unreal. Though it's always a brutal matchup. I had to have it although can't stand the ravens. But I do respect great linebackers.
....thx and I'd have to have something impressive to me to sell or trade it.

nickacs
12-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Awesome jersey and photomatches! Always loved his stuff as it's always beaten and trashed :)

thesteelcurtain58
12-04-2013, 11:43 PM
i got tons to post so keep checking in. Especially, if i bump the thread.
although, i know some are hesitant to post there's. should i?

thesteelcurtain58
12-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Ok, here's my GU Peyton Manning helmet from the 2004 season. Have all the coa and from Mr. Manning himself.
This is Riddell "revolution" model which can clearly be seen under the colt sticker. It has the American flag sticker and the "P.K." black cross memorial decal for Father Patrick Kelly who was the team chaplain. It was used in their 3 playoff games that season.
RKO18 says that he has yet to see a photo matched helmet. I would like his and others thought.

thesteelcurtain58
12-04-2013, 11:52 PM
and some more for your pleasure and critical eyes

NeonStatus
12-05-2013, 12:26 AM
First of, welcome to the site. What a way to start posting on GUU, Ray Lewis jersey with 9/11 patch and a P. Manning helmet! Keep posting your collection and feel free to talk about it. That is what the site is for.

KGoldin
12-05-2013, 12:33 AM
LOL @ "Hopefully some HOFers here' and then posts Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning :D
Well played sir! Nice stuff

thesteelcurtain58
12-05-2013, 07:13 AM
lets take it down a notch.
bryce personally gave my family this jersey after the game. got to meet him personally, one on one in a small room outside their locker room. he took this right off his back, small talk and signed. was told no on autographs etc. but he was such a cool guy vounteered on his own with inscription etc.
this is the red jersey with the navy yard patch after that horrible day.
nice guy. not as he is portrayed in the media.
...so go on guys, try to rip this one. btw the decals are def within the bumper.
...less than 24 hrs and im thinking of no longer posting. its been fun. those particular people know why. had lots to share. havent even seen the tip of the iceburg. conservatively, 3-4 items that should be in the HOF.
enjoy

nickacs
12-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I, for one, enjoy seeing your collection! Please keep posting :)

Congrats on some nice items!

KGoldin
12-05-2013, 10:35 AM
lets take it down a notch.
bryce personally gave my family this jersey after the game. got to meet him personally, one on one in a small room outside their locker room. he took this right off his back, small talk and signed. was told no on autographs etc. but he was such a cool guy vounteered on his own with inscription etc.
this is the red jersey with the navy yard patch after that horrible day.
nice guy. not as he is portrayed in the media.
...so go on guys, try to rip this one. btw the decals are def within the bumper.
...less than 24 hrs and im thinking of no longer posting. its been fun. those particular people know why. had lots to share. havent even seen the tip of the iceburg. conservatively, 3-4 items that should be in the HOF.
enjoy

I think every post has been complimentary! Great stuff

RMoody
12-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I think every post has been complimentary! Great stuff

A bit of back and forth in the Colts thread, think he might of got them mixed up. Thus the "decal bumper placement" is just kinda hanging around.

swainer
12-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Great jerseys!!! Please keep posting. I love seeing them. I don't believe anyone is "ripping" on your Manning helmet. Just trying to find a definitive photo match. Visual's collection is Hall of Fame worthy. I don't believe he is trying to knock down your Manning helmet whatsoever. I hope you continue to post as you've already shown your collection is Hall of Fame worthy and I, for one, would love to continue to drool over your grail items. How were you able to hook up with Bryce (if you don't mind me asking).

Peace,

John

abstractheory
12-05-2013, 11:09 AM
...less than 24 hrs and im thinking of no longer posting. its been fun. those particular people know why.

Wait? So, in the Indy thread you ask for an opinion on a photo match and members reply, giving you some feedback (apparently ones you didn't like), so now you're taking your ball and going home? :confused:

I think the comments were very civil (right or wrong) and just what you requested, no?

I believe you the helmet is real, but you did ask for thoughts

Nnunnari
12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
"...so go on guys, try to rip this one. btw the decals are def within the bumper.
...less than 24 hrs and im thinking of no longer posting. its been fun. those particular people know why."

Did I miss something here? We don't try to "rip" anyone's stuff. Great jerseys man, seems like you have a misconception of what this site is all about.

thesteelcurtain58
12-05-2013, 11:54 AM
I invite constructive input. Maybe it's the way it's been worded. I've read this board for years, read the Chicago bears thread, the threads that have been deleted or locked etc so maybe I'm sensitive.
I think the board should be about sharing knowledge, collections and constructive critiicism is part of the deal. But also you know with some members their first thought is to bring down others. I could see it coming. Ex.the board railing on the Pitt guy who met Ryan Clark. What's not to appreciate in that? Yet a couple have to find something wrong with it.
And about my ball and going home...thats not it, I don't have to explain myself but on one side it is my right to go home. With the fraud, abuse and outright thievery that goes on in this industry it's no wonder that people are hesitant to share details of their collection. Im perfectly fine sharing this with family friends etc and not people I don't really know. And no one viewing whatni have for the next 40-50 years. I did because the vast majority of posters here are very likable and knowledgable. So mr. "go home" you can view my collection, give input but I really don't care what you think of me. Or when you see my thread, you can please move on. If you knew anything about me, I posted to share with others for their enjoyment like I enjoy viewing others. This does nothing to stroke my ego or any other benefit. If anything it exposes me.

abstractheory
12-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Wow! I didn't say one bad thing about your collection (No one did, in fact). I'm sorry you are so sensitive. I guess I need to re-read what you were asking regarding people's thoughts and opinions on the Manning lid, because I'm totally lost at what you are so mad about. I will stay out of your way in the future.

abstractheory
12-05-2013, 12:18 PM
"RKO18 says that he has yet to see a photo matched helmet. I would like his and others thought."

Yep. I just read it again, and you definitely asked for thoughts. For a minute there, I thought I was going crazy.

thesteelcurtain58
12-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Abstract..if you read what I wrote, i never denied asking for opinions. Just constructive opinions. I'll admit maybe I took some things written the wrong way due to what I previously stated. I welcome knowledgeable input from the educated members. Just not from those who for months or years cont to bash anyone's collection whose is not their own.
That's why when Ken Goldin joked about my title of HOFs, in some respect I had to word it that way because I didn't want to eventually debate who of my collection is HOF worthy. Anyways..I intended my post to positive and to share. Ex. Imagining how those black marks got on ray lewis' jersey, meeting Bryce etc
Enough. Let's move on....this has gotten old.

cliffjmp33
12-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the explanation and love the pieces so far thesteelcurtain58. I made a post back on the Colts thread with a couple of photos from the '04 Pro Bowl that may match up a scuff mark that appears on your helmet.

Love seeing people's own personal collection and hope to see more of yours.

jbean023
12-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Steel Curtain Could You Email Me Please.

Thanks In Advance

thesteelcurtain58
12-05-2013, 02:25 PM
sticking with hopeful future HOF's...the boy can play..
heres complete uni..well, jersey and pants 1960 throwback
wish i got paid to slide in the dirt

thesteelcurtain58
12-05-2013, 02:27 PM
thanks jack "cliff" i really appreciate the time and effort. havent looked there yet. thought i had enough. and your right, the scuff came later in its playing days. your pic makes sense

thanks again

solarlottry
12-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for posting!!! You have some great pieces that I and I am sure the majority of the GUU community has really enjoyed looking at.

Any vintage NFL gamers especially 49er shirts?

Please keep posting as it is really nice to see some new blood on the site and some super game worn items!

Thanks
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

thesteelcurtain58
12-06-2013, 06:17 PM
ask for vintage and you shall receive.
heres one of my all time favorites. finally acquired it. was at a charity auction about 14 yrs ago where a local pittsburgh surgeon got it. i agreed not to bid. came up again about 9 yrs ago. and now i have it and not giving it up. has the tagging..the year and manufacture
still have my 58 jersey when i was five y.o. and it was made from the same thick durene material. got it at the HOF.

enjoy!!

thesteelcurtain58
12-06-2013, 09:20 PM
1 degree of separation. Just got the orange. Vibrant. Although the blue and almost silver is nice.

thesteelcurtain58
12-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Are the pictures coming out clear enough?

jbean023
12-07-2013, 09:36 PM
AMAZING jerseys, could you please shoot me an email??

thesteelcurtain58
12-07-2013, 09:52 PM
to save time, here are the big 3. or at least a big 3
maybe ill do closeups later
Whoops, just previewed it and i forgot to include jordan. so the big 4

BrianK
12-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Nice display cases. Can you give brand name or where to get them? Thanks.

thesteelcurtain58
12-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Got them on eBay. Around 33"x29". Can't remember the name but easy to search.
Have a few larger ones that used to be on eBay under gift display. Much better.

thesteelcurtain58
12-09-2013, 03:03 AM
Introducing Megatron!!
Lo and behold, how's this one given to me as a gift. I got some good friends. For some reason a Calvin Johnson jersey hasnt been on my wish list.
The mud, grass stains and abuse are awesome! The pictures do not do it justice.
The man's a beast. Give him some years and he's better than Rice.
Enjoy!

thesteelcurtain58
12-10-2013, 03:00 AM
A favorite of mine. None that I post are game issued, that I know of.
9/11
Attached Imageshttp://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=79997&stc=1&d=1386662187 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=79998&stc=1&d=1386662187 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=79999&stc=1&d=1386662187 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80000&stc=1&d=1386662215 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80001&stc=1&d=1386662215 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80002&stc=1&d=1386662228

kshil
12-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Introducing Megatron!!
Lo and behold, how's this one given to me as a gift. I got some good friends. For some reason a Calvin Johnson jersey hasnt been on my wish list.
Enjoy!

Awesome Megatron jersey. If you are ever interested in moving it please let me know.

Roady
12-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Enjoying your collection but............nobody will ever be better than Rice. ;)

Nnunnari
12-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Is the captain patch different on the CJ jersey? Used for multiple games?

BU54CB
12-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Is the captain patch different on the CJ jersey? Used for multiple games?

Its the salute to service captain patch, camoflage

akrover
12-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Its the salute to service captain patch, camoflage

Yes. I think he means STS is on the pictured jersey but not in the game photos.

RKO18
12-10-2013, 09:52 PM
thesteelcurtain58...here's an image to photo-match your jersey.

The jersey was worn December 16th, 2012 @ the Arizona Cardinals.

Calvin caught 10 passes for 121 yards. It was his tenth 100-yard receiving game of 2012.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/gameworncollector/0001.jpg

akrover
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM
What a beautiful jersey. You've got a great friend.

silveroak
12-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Steelcurtain58, please send me a quick email, I have information for you - acarter@sc.rr.com. Thank you.

thesteelcurtain58
12-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Rko..thanks for the pic. Where did you get it? Getty?

Silver oak..what's up? Does this site have PM or some other way to message?

Roady..I know, rice the goat. But one play, who do u want to run the go?

To all..thanks and glad that you're enjoying

thesteelcurtain58
12-11-2013, 10:54 AM
heeeeeaaathh miller. all around tough guy. also epitomizes the burghs work ethic

another 9/11 jersey. enjoy

thesteelcurtain58
12-11-2013, 10:57 AM
found this. forgot i had. great surprise. before he became who he is

9/11 are so some of the best jerseys. imho

thesteelcurtain58
12-11-2013, 01:08 PM
9/11

Heres another. I believe I got in the 9/11 mode when these came up for auction. Hopefully he continues the long line of HOF centers the Steelers are know for.

enjoy. boy, it still stinks
Attached Imageshttp://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80044&stc=1&d=1386785125 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80045&stc=1&d=1386785125 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80046&stc=1&d=1386785125 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80047&stc=1&d=1386785143 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80048&stc=1&d=1386785143 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80049&stc=1&d=1386785143 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=80050&stc=1&d=1386785160

DetroitSportsFan
12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Steelcurtain58. Awesome collection. If you ever decide to part with the Calvin jersey, please contact me. I would be very interested. By the way, do you collect anything besides football jerseys?

DetroitSportsFan
12-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Steelcurtain58, I forgot to give you my e-mail (thevus@comcast.net).

thesteelcurtain58
12-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi Detroitsportsfan,
Ok, lets try some baseball.

Whats the best way to store bats? Regarding pinetar etc. Have some on display, some in bat tubes.

Too bad I couldnt get the ball seam impressions clearer. The amount of power Albert has to generate to get that kind of seam transfer is unreal. I have multiple bats only because the second is beaten even more, love the tar even though he doesnt use that much and the price was difficult to turn down.

thesteelcurtain58
12-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Oh, and kudos and thanks to jeff Scott at birdbats. You talk about a person who knows their field. Truly an expert. Everyone should be so good and knowledgeable about what they have a passion for.

net0@thehalf
12-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Introducing Megatron!!
Enjoy!

Am I missing something here? Why do you show pics him wearing the Jersey with a regular captain patch and yours has a military patch.... Is this a totally different Jersey?

thesteelcurtain58
12-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Damn, nearly gave me a heart attack. I posted the pics form dec9,12 when it's from Dec 16, 2012. Just down loaded the matching pics. I'm giving RKO18 props..the pic he posted is from the correct game vs the cardinals. Since the jersey was a gift I didn't give it the time, just wanted to get it up and posted.
If you look at rko18 or Getty images you'll see the match. Thx netO.
And Thx RKO18

thesteelcurtain58
12-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Btw, I gotta stop collecting. Watching MNF now and paying more attention to Peytons jersey and comparing marks vs my manning jersey.
For those in the market, he just took a sack leaving some grass stains.

net0@thehalf
12-12-2013, 10:11 PM
No problemo. Beautiful Jersey BTW. AWESOME!!! if ever interested in trading/selling the Lewis I'd love to throw some ideas at you....

RKO18
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Damn, nearly gave me a heart attack. I posted the pics form dec9,12 when it's from Dec 16, 2012. Just down loaded the matching pics. I'm giving RKO18 props..the pic he posted is from the correct game vs the cardinals. Since the jersey was a gift I didn't give it the time, just wanted to get it up and posted.
And Thx RKO18

No problem man.

Your jersey is good. Here's your photo-match.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r504/gameworncollector/0006.png

RKO18
12-12-2013, 10:19 PM
Btw, I gotta stop collecting. Watching MNF now and paying more attention to Peytons jersey and comparing marks vs my manning jersey.
For those in the market, he just took a sack leaving some grass stains.

Which game is your Manning Broncos jersey from?

silveroak
12-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Put me on the list of people interested in your CJ jersey - acarter@sc.rr.com. Very nice jersey. Thanks.

kshil
12-13-2013, 09:51 AM
And Thx RKO18

Steelcurtain, could you shoot me an email when you get a chance? I'd really appreciate it. keith@kenshilson.com

VerifiedAutographsCom
12-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Got them on eBay. Around 33"x29". Can't remember the name but easy to search.
Have a few larger ones that used to be on eBay under gift display. Much better.

Nice Display setup. Shoot me an email if that Calvin Johnson wasn't on your wishlist. I saw what it sold for on NFL Auctions and I can make you a deal that would be worth your time. Send me and email at Info@verifiedautographs.com. Happy Holidays!

thesteelcurtain58
12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
We'll stick with baseball.
Josh Hamilton, I really like the guy or more so the story since I dont know him. His story and how hes worked so hard to overcome his demons. Oh, the talent.
.. and thanks everyone for taking the time to view my collection, Id rather not give my email out right now because Im still learning who is who.
thanks

thesteelcurtain58
12-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Heres a nice custom fit Larry Fitzgerald. Wish they hadnt washed it.
Happy holidays!!

GMEN92
12-27-2013, 10:13 AM
They didn't wash it because it's Rite here and looks great!!

thesteelcurtain58
12-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks gmen58,
So where did I go wrong? Got it from NFL auctions. They've been known to get the dates wrong. Where did you get yours? looks real nice.
I'm thinking a refund in order. What are your thoughts gmen58? thanks

thesteelcurtain58
12-27-2013, 10:26 AM
NFL says this is supposed to be from the dec 16,2012 game

JDubbs73
12-27-2013, 10:44 AM
NFL says this is supposed to be from the dec 16,2012 game
What was the description from the NFL or NFL Auctions? It is quite possible that it was a game issued jersey for that date, but never worn. IIRC, the HOF patch was only worn by teams for two games last year. I think the Cards other game featured road (white) jerseys.

thesteelcurtain58
12-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Jdubbs73,
It def states game worn for that date. Thanks for the info on when they wore the 2 patches. Was already thinking they may say it dated wrong. And I'm not a great fan of the changed at halftime. Looking at the pics, the weather was fine.
How do you go about contacting them? I've read it's been difficult.

Not going to sweat it but a refund would be nice.

JDubbs73
12-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Below is a link to their customer service, looks like it's email driven.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/manageUserEmail!showEmailContactUsForm.action?sid= 1100783

Others on the forum may be able to provide better info. Good luck getting it straightened out.

thesteelcurtain58
12-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Jason,
I really appreciate it.
3k is not gonna make or break me.

The much bigger issue is now the credibility of NFL auctions. I know they have made many documented mistakes in dating, mixing up gear etc. No ones perfect. But so far I'm having trouble thinking an excuse. maybe one. But ESP since they only wore this double patch home jersey in one game. I'm sure their auction is a cash cow but currently this doesn't sit well with me.
That's why a lot of us pay a premium to MLB, NBA,NFL auctions.
Ugh...who can you trust anymore?

But thanks again to Jdubbs and gmen. Gmen..how did you obtain yours? The mud is an exact match on the right flank.

solarlottry
12-27-2013, 07:22 PM
I had a similar issue with NFL Auctions on a Colin Kaepernick jersey. I could not match it to the game it was supposedly worn in. I contacted NFL Auctions and was able to return it for a refund. They mentioned that they will sell a jersey as "game worn" even if it was not worn for the entire game. They also noted that if a jersey was worn for a quarter or a half that this fact would not be mentioned in the auction listing.

paul457
12-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Hey steelcurtain58 -

When you have a minute, please email me - I have a question for you about your Fitzgerald jersey (your PM's are shut off).

tobey457@gmail.com

Appreciate it!

thesteelcurtain58
12-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi Paul,
How do I activate my PM? "email opt in" is all I'm seeing. I'm on the free account although that shouldn't make a difference. Reg the Fitzgerald jersey, i still have to get around to contacting NFL auctions. Busy time of year. Still have some awesome items to post. Haven't posted anything close to a couple of these.
Thanks and happy holidays to all.

JDubbs73
12-29-2013, 09:51 AM
How do I activate my PM? "email opt in" is all I'm seeing.
Click on the User CP link. Under Control Panel, click on Edit Option. There should be a private messaging option check box that you need to activate.

swainer
02-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Did you ever receive a response from NFL auctions on this?

Peace!

John

thesteelcurtain58
02-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Hi John,
Been busy with family matters lately. Haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully, this week now that you remind me. ESP with this nyg stuff going on.
Thanks for the reminder.

thesteelcurtain58
02-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi guys,
It's been awhile since I posted. Just wanted to let you guys know I got an amazing couple of packages in the mail this weekend. Will def post as soon as I have time and if there is interest. Seems some don't care one way or the other. But also some really enjoy seeing some of this gear.....

Hints....
1st package is a GU jersey of one of my all time favorite players. Still playing but a sure lock for the HOF. The only debate is first year of eligibility or second. I may def be wrong but I have not seen ANY of his legitimate jerseys or helmets out there for sale. I know of a couple buried deep in private collections. I have many keeping their eye open for me. Unfortunately , I may have been bidding against myself in essence....those looking for me. Oh well, happy to have it. Was a reasonable price due to the fact it's the first legitimate one I've seen up for auction.

2nd package... Completes my current HOF QB run. Again, the player himself leaves a bad taste just to have it in this house. But then again I have a ray Lewis jersey. So.... Also, has decent wear and is aesthetically a very nice jersey to look at. I see maybe less than one of his jerseys come up per year. In regards to shill bidding...not in this auction because my limit was way higher than what I paid. But then again wasn't going to lose this jersey. We've all debated whether we wanted his jersey but now I have all of the HOF qbs I
wanted. Too bad the Montana was pulled from Goldin.

If you know my history it should be very easy to guess both. Or else I'd give away a lesser known gu jersey to the first correct guess. It's pretty cool looking at them knowing they've gone at it and these jerseys have collided. No
love lost. Any guesses, if u want?

thesteelcurtain58
02-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Oh ken,
Sorry that I didn't spend as much this time. These two kinda emptied me. I felt bad so i bought a higher end jersey that I didn't really need at the last minute. But I can def use it and it was a good deal.
Talk to you soon, oh, I may have some consignments tho I think I've only sold one jersey ever....prob 20 yrs ago.

RKO18
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM
Hi guys,
It's been awhile since I posted. Just wanted to let you guys know I got an amazing couple of packages in the mail this weekend. Will def post as soon as I have time and if there is interest. Seems some don't care one way or the other. But also some really enjoy seeing some of this gear.....

Hints....
1st package is a GU jersey of one of my all time favorite players. Still playing but a sure lock for the HOF. The only debate is first year of eligibility or second. I may def be wrong but I have not seen ANY of his legitimate jerseys or helmets out there for sale. I know of a couple buried deep in private collections. I have many keeping their eye open for me. Unfortunately , I may have been bidding against myself in essence....those looking for me. Oh well, happy to have it. Was a reasonable price due to the fact it's the first legitimate one I've seen up for auction.

2nd package... Completes my current HOF QB run. Again, the player himself leaves a bad taste just to have it in this house. But then again I have a ray Lewis jersey. So.... Also, has decent wear and is aesthetically a very nice jersey to look at. I see maybe less than one of his jerseys come up per year. In regards to shill bidding...not in this auction because my limit was way higher than what I paid. But then again wasn't going to lose this jersey. We've all debated whether we wanted his jersey but now I have all of the HOF qbs I

If you know my history it should be very easy to guess both. Or else I'd give away a lesser known gu jersey to the first correct guess. It's pretty cool looking at them knowing they've gone at it and these jerseys have collided. No

1st package: My guess is Troy Polamalu.

RKO18
02-09-2014, 02:55 PM
2nd package: Ben Roethlisberger?

jbean023
02-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi guys,

Hints....

Polumalu and Rodgers?

KGoldin
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Oh ken,
Sorry that I didn't spend as much this time. These two kinda emptied me. I felt bad so i bought a higher end jersey that I didn't really need at the last minute. But I can def use it and it was a good deal.
Talk to you soon, oh, I may have some consignments tho I think I've only sold one jersey ever....prob 20 yrs ago.

I will be applying for some Obama Bucks as a easily of your paltry invoice this auction :(

KGoldin
02-09-2014, 05:00 PM
I will be applying for some Obama Bucks as a easily of your paltry invoice this auction :(

'as a RESULT'
stupid autocorrect on ipad

solarlottry
02-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Steelcurtain58. Shoot me an email when you have a chance. Thanks
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

RKO18
02-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Steelcurtain58. Shoot me an email when you have a chance. Thanks
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Hi Paul,

I sent you an email earlier today. Whenever you have the chance to look it over. :cool:

thesteelcurtain58
02-09-2014, 09:22 PM
You guys are sharp but no one has gotten them yet. I'm surprised.
Steeler fans...should def figure both out. C'mon guys.

Looks like a couple friends of mine "stole" them and they say are playing a game with them on to add wear. I'm absolutely just kidding. Tho they have turned up missing cause everyone was over today.

Solar...what's up? I pretty much don't email. I dont want to give the impression that I post to sell or entertain offers. Which someone got waaay carried away with accusations that really soured me from posting here.

So I can't take pics tonight because they're "missing". Anyone need 2 friends I'm planning on giving away? Ha.

Keep guessing...if you want. Sad that Steeler fans can't figure it out.
Thx for the kind words.

bigben7
02-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Troy Polamalu and Tom Brady the Steelers Killer.

thesteelcurtain58
02-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Update...on the fitgerald jersey.

Spoke with the NFL regarding the l Fitzgerald jersey purchased as GU when at best it's game issued. No problem at all. Great guy. Well handled. And immediately resolved. He's def someone I would hire to work/represent me. He immediately put the gears in motion for a full refund. They offered a refund or we could work out a price as game issued. Not interested in any issued although i thought about giving it as a gift. It's tailored and pretty sharp looking.

Soooo, just waiting on the return of the jersey form the refund. Couldn't have gone smoother and will def bid again although at first I had my doubts.

Also, may have something to do with I've donated a small house or a nice supercar to the NFL charities. I got to cut back.

Thanks all for the help. ESP Paul (solar lottery) and Jason Williams.

thesteelcurtain58
02-16-2014, 02:40 AM
Bigben7,
Nailed it. I got to get some pics up. They're just laying on a chair but can't help but think of the times Troy leaping over the line and grabbing lil Tommy by his neck.

bigben7
02-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Please post some pictures of the Troy jersey. That is the holy grail for modern Steelers collectors. A great pickup!

thesteelcurtain58
02-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Bigben7,
You're correct. In a way it is my holy grail. Never thought I'd get one because I've never seen a legit one out there. Spoke to an NFL guy and the urban tale is true about Troy and his jerseys. That's why they're not out there. And this one was released.
I've had several "people/groups" on the lookout for troy gear for years. Now that I've confirmed my lambert jersey. And now i have a home and away lambert. Plus some other Pitt gear I think you'd love. I still think Troy may have passed them or at least equaled them in my mind.
I'll def post some pics ASAP. Thanks for the compliment.
Did you get the big Ben away jersey in hunts auction? I let it go to save for some others. Hope u got it. Some one got a good deal. Think it went for 9-10k. I have his 9/11 home jersey which will suffice. Posted in the Steeler thread.

bigben7
02-20-2014, 05:07 PM
thesteelcurtain58,
I had the Ben jersey on my radar but I could not pull the trigger. My son is getting ready to go off to college in the fall and I could not justify the expense at this time. Hopefully I will be able to pickup one in the future. That was a good price and somebody got a steal. I love your 9/11 Ben jersey and now with your Troy jersey you got the next 2 Steeler hall of famers. Those two players were on all 3 Super Bowl teams and will always have a big following among Steelers fans. By the way, as a Steeler fan I would have no problem adding your Ray Lewis and Tom Brady jersey to any sports room wall. As a season ticket holder, I have seen my share of Ravens and Patriots games and always loved the battle between them. I would like to see your Steeler collection sometime.

Chess2899
02-20-2014, 05:33 PM
The pics really look good. I own the condo next to Archie in Oxford, and both of his sons pop in and out but I don't own a game used jersey from either of the younger Mannings. I guess I shouldn't have tossed beer bottle caps against his window all these years. They are really good guys.

You have an incredible collection! I would be thrilled with all of those jerseys.
Thank you for sharing!!

esquiresports
02-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Incredible collection and pick-ups. Thanks for sharing. A lot more people love look at those jerseys than comment. Many people prefer to just "lurk" or not post unless they have something substantive to add. The appreciation is still there regardless.

thesteelcurtain58
02-20-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm really liking this jersey. More so because I never expected to obtain one. Has anyone seen a Polamalu legit jersey out there? And where, when?

ben, esquire and chess...thx for the kind words. This should be fun.

thesteelcurtain58
02-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Tough to find photos on this one. But you can see the front right shoulder matches.

thesteelcurtain58
02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Bigben7,
I gotcha about college expenses. They've released at least 1 jersey a year of his so maybe u can get one cheaper next year. If I run across one I'll let you know.

Season tickets? I'm def sure we've been in the stadium at the same time. We all usually head back to pitt for a ravens game (use to be browns) or a playoff game once a year..and for the primantes sandwiches, quaker steak wings.
Also, nothing like Heinz field with "renegade" by styx playing in the third quarter. True fans know what I mean.

Ray Lewis I respect as a lb. Brady just seems to whine too much. But they are awesome jerseys so will be in the same room as the other jerseys. Thx.

In the future I'll send u some pics I have of Steeler GU gear that would blow your mind and you'd def appreciate them. Some haters on this board that rub me the wrong way.

bigben7
02-21-2014, 06:49 PM
thesteelcurtain58,

I would love to hook up with you before a Steelers game. I live in VA and usually go to 2-3 games a year and sell the rest of my tickets. Let me know what game you will be attending next year. I can't wait to see your Steelers collection.

GMEN92
02-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Hey steel nice jerseys
As I assisted you with your Fitzgerald jersey , I will have to say the pic from getty u posted is a perfect pic because it's at end of the game. But I don't see a positive match.. I could be wrong.. But there's no markings by the 4 on the game pic yet yours shows a bunch on front.. Maybe he wore 2 jerseys that game. ? Or were you just guessing it's from that game .. Not hating just trying to help, seems like you have some sweet jerseys.
Let me know what you think

GMEN92
02-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Correction not getty.. Ment to put. Ap

CollectGU
02-21-2014, 11:33 PM
Hey steel nice jerseys
As I assisted you with your Fitzgerald jersey , I will have to say the pic from getty u posted is a perfect pic because it's at end of the game. But I don't see a positive match.. I could be wrong.. But there's no markings by the 4 on the game pic yet yours shows a bunch on front.. Maybe he wore 2 jerseys that game. ? Or were you just guessing it's from that game .. Not hating just trying to help, seems like you have some sweet jerseys.
Let me know what you think

I agree does not look like the same jersey...

thesteelcurtain58
02-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Just found a very clear picture by shear luck. The front right shoulder is def not the same. I spoke directly with the NFL guy. He was absolutely great about the fitz jersey. Gmen, appreciate the help. But I'm thinking I need to call and reclarify. If thats a word.
Stated it's from the international series. So I've been following all the Pitt jerseys on NFL auctions from that game this past month. It occurred to me that they all had kind of the same kind of wear, dirt pattern. Just kind of speckled dirt. Not really clear discernible hit marks. Who knows, may have just took a handful and rolled them in the dirt. May have to see if those are matches also.
With the nyg mess, the Arizona suspicion, etc I'm getting a little tired of this.
So def not a match at the end of the game. If he changed at half time.....not sure what my argument would be.

thesteelcurtain58
02-21-2014, 11:57 PM
Gmen, to clarify it was from NFL auctions and stated from the international game vs the Vikings. As were the mult other Pitt jerseys. Looking right now, this jersey doesn't seem to match any from the 2013 season. I really do appreciate the help. So thank you.

All others that bought Pitt international gamers this year, I'd double check. I think I tried to match one or two others from that game but couldn't find a match.

Again, if he changed at half time....well, I guess some players do. And I know he is very particular about his jerseys.

thesteelcurtain58
02-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Ok, upon further closer examination with jersey in hand. Their are marks that look like there was def equipment underneath the jersey. Like with AP jerseys you can see the strap marks or button eye hole impressions left by the underneath shoulder pads.
I don't see them putting the jersey on a rookie and telling him to roll around in it. Otherwise these specific marks would be very diff to fake. I'm no expert. The difference with that fitz jersey is mine was like new with some scratch marks vs gmens muddied one.
This ones wear looks to me that those marks are legit. I'll have to see if they say he changed at half time.. Because on further review I'm at about 90% sure this wear could be legit. Looking at it up close, in hand the marks and wear is impressive. But def not from the end of that game.
Sorry about three posts but I don't see where I can edit the prev posts.
I'll let you know. I still have to send the fitz jersey back this weekend. They were great about that. And I see the recent post with MLB authentication problems. Ugh....hope it's not a can of worms.

solarlottry
02-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Unless the rep. from NFL Auctions collects the jersey immediately after the game the jersey may have been handled by a number of individuals and the dirt pattern could have changed.

For older 49er shirts I was told that they were all thrown into a bin and that sometimes the jerseys were handled extensively which could account for a change in the way the stains appear at the games end vs when they are sold. Back then the jerseys were not thought of as "high end collectables" so they were not taken care of as they are today. This increases the possibility of an alteration in the appearance of a jersey coming off the field versus when it is sold especially if it is unwashed. A dirty, wet jersey that comes off a sweaty player may look one way as he runs into the locker room but may look another way after he has thrown the shirt onto the locker room floor where the pattern of staining can change.

One would think a shirt from the 2013 season could be photo matched fairly easily with all the high definition images available. It is not as easy as it would seem. I have an Aldon Smith home game worn jersey from last season which has numerous grass stains and I am having trouble matching it to the game it was supposedly worn in. The jersey was purchased via NFL Auctions. It's PSA sticker number corresponds to an authentic Aldon Smith jersey in the data base though but the image provided by PSA shows my jersey complete with grass stains. The original NFL Auctions listing was for a game worn Aldon Smith jersey. I tried to contact PSA to have their description changed from authentic to game worn but their phone number goes unanswered.

Always buying 49er gamers
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

GMEN92
02-22-2014, 07:04 AM
Nfl auctions can't seem to get the hang of listing stuff correctly.. Seems always jerseys from the wrong games or lately Jerseys that don't match at all..

Good luck steel keep us updated on what they say..
Hopefully it works out.. Maybe check first half photos see if it matches up.

thesteelcurtain58
02-22-2014, 12:06 PM
I did speak to the head NFL guy. He said that with the pitt gear he got the jerseys personally. He went in with a list of players he would like and gets them from the equipment manager. So the chain is as small as you can get.
So solar, you're correct about how they handle it. We just discussed this particular jersey and how he personally obtained the jersey. Which after a long conversation I do believe him. He wouldn't try to con me. Like the fitz jersey he told me that story, couldn't be sure and said to just return it. No problem.
Also, adding to why I am now believing it's the real deal is that he said just because he's the with the NFL and they technically own the gear doesn't mean he gets what he wants. I think that's to keep good relations. But he cited examples where he wanted a James Harrison but the James/Pitt/mgr didnt want to give it up so he doesn't push the issue and moves on. So I really don't see why they would fake this one jersey when they could just as easily said no. Versus trying to fake the usage. ESP for an everyday jersey versus when for ex. Eli manning wants to keep his Superbowl helmet and there's incentive to fake it. So currently I'm satisfied. Although visual brings up a good point..that much money for a half game used jersey? Considering I've never seen a Troy jersey I'll prob just keep it. It does have/ show great usage.
The fitz jersey they just gave the NFL a backup jersey, scratched it up a little. IMO. But were excellent about returning it.
But does leave a bad taste. Thanks guys for the feedback. That's what this board shuld be for.
Moving on.

esquiresports
02-22-2014, 12:11 PM
It's disconcerting enough to read about all the errors NFL auctions have made with respect to various jerseys, but to make these mistakes with HOF caliber jerseys that being top dollar - really troubling. Think about how many of these mistakes are not being caught? I hope everything works out and that they just got the date of the game incorrect.

hrvatwill
02-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Just FYI, I purchased the Heath Miller from the Int'l game against the Vikings and was able to photomatch it, so it's definitely a good jersey.

beantown
02-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Wow, a game used home black Jack Lambert jersey...please post pics of that jersey!!!

GMEN92
02-22-2014, 01:21 PM
I did speak to the head NFL guy. He said that with the pitt gear he got the jerseys personally. He went in with a list of players he would like and gets them from the equipment manager. So the chain is as small as you can get.
So solar, you're correct about how they handle it. We just discussed this particular jersey and how he personally obtained the jersey. Which after a long conversation I do believe him. He wouldn't try to con me. Like the fitz jersey he told me that story, couldn't be sure and said to just return it. No problem.
Also, adding to why I am now believing it's the real deal is that he said just because he's the with the NFL and they technically own the gear doesn't mean he gets what he wants. I think that's to keep good relations. But he cited examples where he wanted a James Harrison but the James/Pitt/mgr didnt want to give it up so he doesn't push the issue and moves on. So I really don't see why they would fake this one jersey when they could just as easily said no. Versus trying to fake the usage. ESP for an everyday jersey versus when for ex. Eli manning wants to keep his Superbowl helmet and there's incentive to fake it. So currently I'm satisfied. Although visual brings up a good point..that much money for a half game used jersey? Considering I've never seen a Troy jersey I'll prob just keep it. It does have/ show great usage.
The fitz jersey they just gave the NFL a backup jersey, scratched it up a little. IMO. But were excellent about returning it.
But does leave a bad taste. Thanks guys for the feedback. That's what this board shuld be for.
Moving on.

Well it would be good if it did match up from at least the first half .. At least then you know it's still legit.. But if not then it would fall into the same case as the fitz.. That's someone doctored up a jersey..
I hear what your saying and everyone's pockets are different. But if it didn't match up I would think the price would be a lot cheaper. For a doctored issued compared to a game used..
Just my opinion.
Still nice to add to the collection I'm sure .. But that's still adding more questions to nflauction jerseys

GMEN92
02-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Glad to assist you regardless and hope it all works out

bigben7
02-22-2014, 02:03 PM
I am very concerned about NFL auctions. When I was thinking about bidding on the Big Ben Jersey from the international game I also could not find a match. The image posted below was from the 2nd half and you can clearly see a grass stain mark near the 7 which does not show up on this jersey. Now after the Troy jersey does not match from after the game photos you have to wonder what is going on.

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/img44/304.jpg

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-42-51830718.jpg?size=67&uid=d19e8915-e05d-4c43-8415-725dcc02eedc

thesteelcurtain58
02-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Bigben,
ur correct. Now that you bring it up that's the jersey I tried matching.
Oh, and my buddies tickets are in section 515. If we ever meet up, I'm buying. I do admit to wearing my GU Greg Lloyd jersey to the game. I know. I know. But It brought us good luck to the first two superbowls then I changed it the packers Superbowl. Ugh. My fault.

Hrvatwill,
I think I saw it matched. So with yours being real and the fact that he said he personally obtained those jerseys to that game specifically leads me to believe my Troy is legit. And as I stated, why fake this specific one when he admitted that they easily have denied him jerseys that he wanted and he moved on. Wanting to maintain good will and he has no vested interest in a specific player.

Esquire,
I is troubling as u stated because were just checking out the higher end players. So I'm sure non legit lesser players are being released.

Gmen,
The fact that they added scuff/scratch marks borders on or is fraud by Arizona vs just sending in a back up jersey and calling it GU. Intent? In the least it's a higher level of fraud.
Esquire (attrny?) would know the specific difference.

thesteelcurtain58
02-22-2014, 02:56 PM
And don't get me wrong, so far people at NFL auctions have been abs great...immediate resolutions, fast response, and just being all over it. I hope this continues. Not sure how MLB or NBA is.

After speaking to them extensively, I think the "fraud", doctoring et al is happening at the individual club level..the equip manager, the individual player not wanting to give it up or keep it for himself. It's very troubling.

bigben7
02-22-2014, 03:03 PM
thesteelcurtain58,

My tickets are in section 521 so we are close by. Do you ever go to Rivers Casino next to the stadium? I love to play poker there the night before the game.

thesteelcurtain58
02-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Now Tom Brady

Ok, let's get this back on track. I think you guys will enjoy this. Annnnd photo matched!!!!....the front NFL shield is askew to his left, esp at the bottom of the shield, and the scuff marks above the front numeral "1".

Wish I could do Visual's fancy circles and arrows. Seriously man. I like what you do. Nice collection. I get the impression that you do sell some? And unfort I think we've gone against each other in multiple auctions.

steelbella
02-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Photomatched my International Woodley within a couple minutes.

thesteelcurtain58
02-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Steelbella,
I'm very glad yours matches. Another fact leading me to believe the polamalu is legitimate. Can you post pics in the Steeler thread? I'm trying to consolidate them. If youre able. Thx. And I'd like to see the dirt/scuff pattern, marks.

Bigben7,
Uhoh, poker too? I'm sure nlhe then. Of course we do but I haven't been there. Good to know to include in a weekend trip to the burgh. Hope they have craps

thesteelcurtain58
02-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Anyone else get a Pitt GU jersey from the 2013 international series vs the Vikings? I seem to recall about 8 or so. Please post pics if you can.
Thanks

thesteelcurtain58
02-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Here you can see the match of some of the marks above the front numeral "1", and also the front nfl sheild is tilted to his left..more so the bottom of the shield so you can see the dark grey fabric exposed.

thesteelcurtain58
02-23-2014, 10:41 AM
Even though I'm def not a patriots fan, had to get this to round out my qb collection after some discussions with my friends.

Also, I def like the looks of the white vs dark blue NE jerseys. Thoughts?

beantown
02-23-2014, 10:56 PM
I prefer the home blue vs. the road white...most Brady's auctioned off, are the road whites...very few home blues out there..

thesteelcurtain58
02-25-2014, 04:30 AM
I'm not talking about rarity. Just straight looks.

This is the only NFL away jersey that I prefer. The whites just look sharper, more clean. The home blues are kind of a dull blue. Almost a matte kind of finish that doesn't hold up with the wear.

Crisp. Almost like the Denver away which is sharp on it's own but def pales when compared to the bright orange home jersey. Which is stunning.

It's like I prefer the Jordan white bulls jersey. To each his own.

thesteelcurtain58
03-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Bigben7,
Thx for reminding bens jersey from the international jersey didn't match. And for posting the pics. I told the NFL guy that also. So he's looking into it. Not happy. As we all aren't. I'll keep you guys updated.

Agree...disappointed to the least. Also, don't forget that's a lot of money the charities aren't getting.

steelbella
03-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Ben's 9-11 jersey from 2011 Ravens game didn't match photos either

steelbella
03-02-2014, 07:22 PM
My mistake, got the Ben's messed up -- it's the international one that's an issue. sorry for any confusion.

thesteelcurtain58
03-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Steelbella,
I agree on the non match. Are you the one who won it?

steelbella
03-02-2014, 09:17 PM
no

War Helmets
03-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Hi Steelcurtain,I know you deal mostly with star players,but do you or someone you know have a 1980's or early 90's Steelers B players helmet you could part with?You can email at brandonwatson77@yahoo.com I would be most grateful

thesteelcurtain58
03-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Heres Bryce Harpers Mothers day bat. Just love the way the guy plays. Absolutley viscous swing. Oh, and did I mention I got to meet and talk to him one on one in between a double header in a littel room outside the clubhouse. Nice guy vs how he is sometimes portrayed. He just loves the game. sorry about all the pics but displays his about perfect swing.

thesteelcurtain58
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
and to compare action shots....

thesteelcurtain58
03-03-2014, 02:34 PM
warhelmets,
i sent you an email

swainer
03-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Sweet stick Steel! VERY nice....

Peace,

John

thesteelcurtain58
03-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Swainer, John
Thanks. For just four at bats there's a tremendous amount of wear, hit marks. And a streak of mud still on it with the tar.

Thanks for the kind words.

thesteelcurtain58
03-07-2014, 03:31 AM
Bryce said last year he was gonna hit it hard and was coming back as big as a house. Anyone see him this week? Guys huge and ripped. Next for him is the 30 HR season. He has his 20 which he's pretty proud of. Watching him and trout should be fun for the next 15-18 years. Wow! So much to be written by then.

swainer
03-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Yeah he is huge this year. He's in beast mode for sure. I hope that translates on the field.

Nnunnari
03-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Sweet Harper congrats.

thesteelcurtain58
03-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Nnunnari,
I think your just being kind when I look at your vast collection. But thanks, ill take it. I don't think the amount of wear shows but it's stunning considering it's from one game. Or one series? Idk.

...? Paul, so are there any players you've yet to obtain? Goals this season?
What's your holy grail that you have and that is on your to obtain list?

Swainer,
Your correct. I hope it translates. I'm sure with the Nats investment they have some pretty good trainers that will maintain his flexibility.
I posted all the stop action pics to show the viciousness of that swing. They say Williams had the perfect swing but harpers has a lot to be admired.

sportscrazy13
03-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Heres Bryce Harpers Mothers day bat. Just love the way the guy plays. Absolutley viscous swing. Oh, and did I mention I got to meet and talk to him one on one in between a double header in a littel room outside the clubhouse. Nice guy vs how he is sometimes portrayed. He just loves the game. sorry about all the pics but displays his about perfect swing.
Love the Harper! You don't see to many MLB auth Harper bats

thesteelcurtain58
03-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Without breaking them down. Here's some quarterbacks to look at. Looking at them its probably a little much. And Im pretty sure I have some other qb's.

thesteelcurtain58
03-08-2014, 05:20 PM
This is probably too much.. All game used
Attached Imageshttp://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82592&stc=1&d=1394316970 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82593&stc=1&d=1394316970 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82594&stc=1&d=1394316970 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82595&stc=1&d=1394316984 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82596&stc=1&d=1394316984 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82597&stc=1&d=1394316984 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82598&stc=1&d=1394316991

sportscrazy13
03-08-2014, 06:20 PM
This is probably too much.. All game used
Attached Imageshttp://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82592&stc=1&d=1394316970 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82593&stc=1&d=1394316970 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82594&stc=1&d=1394316970 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82595&stc=1&d=1394316984 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82596&stc=1&d=1394316984 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82597&stc=1&d=1394316984 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82598&stc=1&d=1394316991

Very nice! A lot of dough laying there. What game is the Favre from?

thesteelcurtain58
03-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Sporyscrazy,
That's exactly what occurred to me. I should cash some in.
Farves the alternate jersey from turkey bowl thanksgiving day game.I'll post the photo matches at some point. One pic of him eating the John madden turkey leg at the end of the game. Got so many, ESP the mannings because I got them at good prices.

thesteelcurtain58
03-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Also, harper bats are that difficult to come by? I think I have another I'll look for. He is a favorite of mine.

NnunnAri,
I asked a couple questions a few posts back that you may have missed.

Nnunnari
03-08-2014, 07:42 PM
What was the question, the use on the Harper bat? I'm assuming Bryce used the bat in BP that day to get a feel for it and then all four at bats.

Amazing QB collection, that's some game-used eye candy for everybody on this forum, thanks for sharing.

I'll hopefully be adding a pretty awesome NFL jersey this week. I'll post pics when I do.

ivo610
03-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Sporyscrazy,
That's exactly what occurred to me. I should cash some in.
Farves the alternate jersey from turkey bowl thanksgiving day game.I'll post the photo matches at some point. One pic of him eating the John madden turkey leg at the end of the game. Got so many, ESP the mannings because I got them at good prices.

I assume you got that from heritage in their fall auction? Probably the most faked favre on the market. Big fan of the security thread inside the jersey.

thesteelcurtain58
03-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Nnunnari,
It's under post #139 questions about your holy grail, have and want etc..
Hmm. Now you have me wondering about your awesome NFL jersey you're going to post. Hints?

Ivo610,
Yes has the security thread. Anything wrong with mine that you can tell? I believe it did come from the heritage auction. One of my favorite AH's. Is it really one of the most faked, what should I look for,history of it? Thanks.

As far as eye candy...it is a nice picture, collection of HOF qbs to look at.

Thanks for the remarks. I'll keep posting.

ivo610
03-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Nnunnari,
It's under post #139 questions about your holy grail, have and want etc..
Hmm. Now you have me wondering about your awesome NFL jersey you're going to post. Hints?

Ivo610,
Yes has the security thread. Anything wrong with mine that you can tell? I believe it did come from the heritage auction. One of my favorite AH's. Is it really one of the most faked, what should I look for,history of it? Thanks.

As far as eye candy...it is a nice picture, collection of HOF qbs to look at.

Thanks for the remarks. I'll keep posting.

If you got it in the fall from heritage it's good.

The packers printed off a bunch (more than a dozen less than 50... Not sure of the exact #) of "game issued" jerseys of Brett's from that thanksgiving game. It didn't take long for them to end up being sold as game used through the years. Several prominate auction houses sold them before. The legit one has the security thread, a different cut on the sides (you have the real one so I'm sure you can see what I'm talking about), and some other minor but noticeable differences.

It's a great jersey and the style is extremely rare as I don't recall seeing many others from that game being sold.

thesteelcurtain58
03-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Ivo610,
I did mymresearch on this one. Has the markings you said to look for. But I didnt know all of what you posted. Thanks for the info.
Are u a favre/packer fan? That's the level of ur knowledge on this jersey. Impressed. Did u used to own this one?

I got it basically because the amount of fake favres out there. Even it has a picture of him holding it in his driveway with a letter. Sigh. I would like a home GB legit jersey tho.

I'm very happy with this one, rarity, matched etc.
Thanks for ur help ivo

thesteelcurtain58
03-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Here's my group of Bryce Harper jerseys. Two are from the Naval yard shooting commemoration with the Naval Yard patch. He personally gave me and signed the red one in between a double header. My family was there. And there's a story there. Just me and him talked in a small room outside their clubhouse. He's a really nice guy. Vs what the media likes to portray him. And of course he's dating a Buckeye so can't be that bad of a guy.

I have to limit it to three but already have my eyes on a couple of others.

Enjoy..
Attached Imageshttp://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82741&stc=1&d=1394429917 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82742&stc=1&d=1394429917 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82743&stc=1&d=1394429917

swainer
03-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Steel,

Amazing Harper jerseys! I would LOVE to hear the story behind your meeting if you're willing to share. Otherwise, I will wait until you open your man cave for the public to tour, buy my $20 ticket and enjoy the stories and eye candy!!!!

Thanks for posting all of these great items! Truly a HOF collection!!!

Peace!

John

ivo610
03-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Ivo610,
I did mymresearch on this one. Has the markings you said to look for. But I didnt know all of what you posted. Thanks for the info.
Are u a favre/packer fan? That's the level of ur knowledge on this jersey. Impressed. Did u used to own this one?

I got it basically because the amount of fake favres out there. Even it has a picture of him holding it in his driveway with a letter. Sigh. I would like a home GB legit jersey tho.

I'm very happy with this one, rarity, matched etc.
Thanks for ur help ivo

Yes, huge packer fan. I collect players from all teams but the Packers is what I am always searching for.

One of my good friends who lives close by consigned the jersey so I was really familiar with it.

Yes, lots of favre fakes out there. An article was published (authored by a forum member) awhile back detailing the fraud with favre jerseys even though they had a COA. I have seen a few of them in person and some are terribly bad. Favre's right hand man said he was launching a private investigation to get to the bottom of the fraud, but I think we are still waiting year later to hear anything about that.

Great collection.

thesteelcurtain58
03-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Ivo610,
I hope haven't competed with you in any green bay auctions. Think I'm done for now. I let the Rodgers white jersey pass in Goldins auction. Why did your friend let the favre jersey go? And why didnt u pick it up? But thanks for letting it go.

I think we will be waiting a longtime for favres mgr to get to the bottom of it. Unfort, that means I'm prob out of the favre market. Unless photo matched.

I see there are a couple serious GB collectors when it comes to bidding. I wonder if your the guy who picked up nearly every GB jersey this yr on the NFL auctions.

thesteelcurtain58
03-11-2014, 02:10 AM
Everybody.....

Hope you guys are enjoying viewing my collection.

Just asking one thing....I'd like to see what you guys have. It'd be nice if you guys post in the "groups photos" thread. Like my HOF QB group picture, it's good eye candy. Those kind of pics are cool to look at. So let's be fair and post, because I still have a lot to post but want to see your collection also. Fair?

solarlottry
03-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Will post some 49er groupings this weekend.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Always buying 49er game worn!

ivo610
03-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Ivo610,
I hope haven't competed with you in any green bay auctions. Think I'm done for now. I let the Rodgers white jersey pass in Goldins auction. Why did your friend let the favre jersey go? And why didnt u pick it up? But thanks for letting it go.

I think we will be waiting a longtime for favres mgr to get to the bottom of it. Unfort, that means I'm prob out of the favre market. Unless photo matched.

I see there are a couple serious GB collectors when it comes to bidding. I wonder if your the guy who picked up nearly every GB jersey this yr on the NFL auctions.

Most of my packers purchases come from collector to collector. I actually made an offer on the favre to my buddy but he declined and sent it to auction.

Favre burned such a bridge in gb I only recently have thought about getting a favre jersey. I'm in no rush, but I would like a 90s era favre with some wear if I get one.

There are plenty of good favres out there though, he wore 2 jerseys a game towards the end of his career too.

The nfl auction prices on packer items are nuts. 2k plus for a james jones jersey? That's a $500 item in a few years.

Love your collection, thank you for sharing. Do you own many helmets?

thesteelcurtain58
03-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Paul,
Cant wait to see your 49er collection. I know you have some awesome items. Like i said if I run across anything significant I'll let you know..

Ivo610,
Yeah, ive watched the GB jerseys go for high prices and who has been bidding. One guy got every jersey but Rodgers this year. Sort of reminds me of pitt gear.

Interesting that you fans still feel the same towards Brett. I understand. But you're gonna have to retire his number soon before he gets in the HOF, I would think. Maybe most will be forgiven by then. Just wondering the reception he'll receive.

Actually I have quite a few helmets. Most Pitt. Difficult to come by. A couple historically significant. Do you have GB helmets? The throwbacks? Beware of some forgers on this board. I've been contacted by them. Very sketchy. It's why I'm more and more hesitant to post.

I would love to see your and your buddies collection. You should at least post some as groups.

thesteelcurtain58
03-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Swainer,

Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated.

thesteelcurtain58
03-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Gonna post my favorite group, sentimental.
A group which makes me proud yet gets my anger going.

thesteelcurtain58
03-28-2014, 01:51 AM
Ok. Time to get back on point and lock it down. I think I got all the Steelers GU 9/11 jerseys except one. According to the registry.

Its actually my favorite groupings and prob went overboard in bidding. But considering the scaricity of Pitt GU jerseys out there, the 9/11's are def worth it. Took about 4 months to accumulate them all.

thesteelcurtain58
03-28-2014, 01:52 AM
And here was a tough decision...adding Ray Lewis. Whats cool is the 9/11 game was against the ravens so the rips, tears, markings in Rays jersey was caused by these same Pitt jerseys. I posted game screen shots to match it which came out well if you havent seen them yet. Worth the look up.
Attached Imageshttp://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83153&stc=1&d=1395989193 http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=83154&stc=1&d=1395989193

esquiresports
03-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Holy guacamole! That's incredible. I hope you have the space or add the space to be able to display and enjoy at least a good part of your collection. It really would be an amazing display. Congrats on the collection.

esquiresports
03-28-2014, 01:57 PM
I was going to send you a PM to discuss display ideas, but it appears you don't accept them. If you send me a PM with your email, I can email you.

thesteelcurtain58
03-28-2014, 11:41 PM
Ivo610,

Did your buddy send some favre documentation in to heritage? In just received more documentation and 2 DVDs for proof of authenticity. Or maybe heritage just found it. Thanks if you did bring it up with your friend. I wasn't worried. Actually forgot about it.

EsquireSports,

How do I activate my PM? I like your posts and am interested in speaking with you. Oh, and I have some great ideas for display but gotta start it before I post.
And do you post in another hobby related msg board?

thesteelcurtain58
03-30-2014, 11:25 AM
Here's an interesting idea..post opposing GU jerseys that have been on the field at the same time and laid hits on each other.

Dont think I've ever seen those displayed.....I.e. The ray Lewis 9/11 jersey and the Pitt 9/11's. They played each other the first game of the season then the jerseys were pulled. Pretty cool looking at the pic knowing Lewis hit Wallace, pouncey, miller, ben and ward with that same jersey.

thesteelcurtain58
03-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Thx to jbean, abstract etc I'm done. Was warned by others of the haters. People who collect socks that bring nothing to the table dont post gear but criticize. Still decided to sharebwith people I dont know. Share knowledge and educate. My friends and family are enough for me. Whether they appreciate GU or not.

Theynhave driven out great collections. There's a group of steelers that don't share. There are several ive met whomhave awesome collections, that dont post. When's the last time uv seen legit Bradshaw Greene Blount etc. Never. Uv seen maybe 20% of mine. And not the good stuff.

Super Bowl rings, one being a starter on the last one..huge,.any baseball..mine goes back to the seventy dodgers to gibson Orel. Win fields etc to present, trout, harper etc...and of course several jordans with perfect provenance. Then gear...helmets, bats, shoes,. U can read what happening currently with NFL auctions. And Unfort my bidding may go down. U several are unreal, bad taste. For the most part it's been fun.

thesteelcurtain58
03-30-2014, 05:57 PM
..oh and I think I started a few good threads...please keep contribute to the groupings thread and Pitt. I was gonna make the Pitt thread epic

BU54CB
03-31-2014, 10:54 AM
Thx to jbean, abstract etc I'm done. Was warned by others of the haters. People who collect socks that bring nothing to the table dont post gear but criticize. Still decided to sharebwith people I dont know. Share knowledge and educate. My friends and family are enough for me. Whether they appreciate GU or not.

Theynhave driven out great collections. There's a group of steelers that don't share. There are several ive met whomhave awesome collections, that dont post. When's the last time uv seen legit Bradshaw Greene Blount etc. Never. Uv seen maybe 20% of mine. And not the good stuff.

Super Bowl rings, one being a starter on the last one..huge,.any baseball..mine goes back to the seventy dodgers to gibson Orel. Win fields etc to present, trout, harper etc...and of course several jordans with perfect provenance. Then gear...helmets, bats, shoes,. U can read what happening currently with NFL auctions. And Unfort my bidding may go down. U several are unreal, bad taste. For the most part it's been fun.

Its a shame that you're done on this site, because it sounds like you had a nice collection to share. I'm not sure why you think there are haters or people jealous of your collection that are trying to drive you off the site.

There were some questions about 1 jersey and you chose not to address them, which is your decision. The photos posted of the Lambert jersey are out on the net available to the public, I don't understand why it was a big deal to post it in the thread.

You didn't hesistate to call someone out that you thought was involved in something shady, why is it not ok for others to ask questions about an item in your collection.

This site isn't perfect, but there's a lot of great things to see here and even better items out there for people to share.

ivo610
03-31-2014, 12:24 PM
If it's one thing this forum hates it's vague accusations without information. I remember an Ocho helmet from JO that a collector made accusations towards jo about but wouldn't post any info. He got defensive and people got upset at him for public accusations without any evidence he was willing to share.

ousooner_85
03-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Well said sir.....the black kettle and the mirror!

Its a shame that you're done on this site, because it sounds like you had a nice collection to share. I'm not sure why you think there are haters or people jealous of your collection that are trying to drive you off the site.

There were some questions about 1 jersey and you chose not to address them, which is your decision. The photos posted of the Lambert jersey are out on the net available to the public, I don't understand why it was a big deal to post it in the thread.

You didn't hesistate to call someone out that you thought was involved in something shady, why is it not ok for others to ask questions about an item in your collection.

This site isn't perfect, but there's a lot of great things to see here and even better items out there for people to share.

esquiresports
04-01-2014, 01:46 AM
EsquireSports,

How do I activate my PM? I like your posts and am interested in speaking with you. Oh, and I have some great ideas for display but gotta start it before I post.
And do you post in another hobby related msg board?

Hi there. Not sure how to activate your private messages, but I also post on Collector's Universe (I collect cards and memorabilia). I believe you click on "My Account" and then "My Messages" to activate.

esquiresports
04-02-2014, 01:06 AM
You can reach me at scott (dot) graziano. I use gmail (trying to avoid bots scanning for email addresses).